Non Essential Flagstaff Employees- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,430

    Non Essential Flagstaff Employees

    Does anyone know if non essential FS employees who would have worked on the Flagstaff Closure Order got paid for the days they didnít work during the shutdown? Does anyone know the name and phone number of someone I could call to ask this question if no one knows the answer?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47
    Yes, furloughed federal employees received back pay, as is standard (but not automatic) following a govt shutdown. To my (incomplete) knowledge the vote to do so was unanimous save for seven congressional reps, one of whom was AZ's own Andy Biggs (R-Mesa).

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Yes, furloughed federal employees received back pay, as is standard (but not automatic) following a govt shutdown. To my (incomplete) knowledge the vote to do so was unanimous save for seven congressional reps, one of whom was AZ's own Andy Biggs (R-Mesa).
    Sounds right to me, Switch. To be certain, though, in this specific case, call 928.527.3600 and ask for Laura. I'm sure she would be happy to answer your question.
    Veni vidi velo!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    Does anyone know if non essential FS employees who would have worked on the Flagstaff Closure Order got paid for the days they didnít work during the shutdown? Does anyone know the name and phone number of someone I could call to ask this question if no one knows the answer?
    Really? What's your agenda with the Switchblade probe?

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cocon...forest/offices

  5. #5
    Location: 10 ft from Hell Moderator
    Reputation: life behind bars's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,163
    T'was why I asked that he start a new thread instead of the inevitable hijack of the other thread.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,817
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    T'was why I asked that he start a new thread instead of the inevitable hijack of the other thread.
    Righto, good call.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Righto, good call.
    I just think the article about how FS worked on the Flagstaff Closure Order didnít inform readers that all the non essential FS employees who worked without pay for a month got a one month FREE vacation.

    Why wouldnít they mention that in the article? It seems like a pretty good deal to have a free vacation at taxpayer expense. This has happened numerous times previously so why not put it in the article?

  8. #8
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    I just think the article about how FS worked on the Flagstaff Closure Order didnít inform readers that all the non essential FS employees who worked without pay for a month got a one month FREE vacation.

    If they worked without pay how is that a vacation?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    If they worked without pay how is that a vacation?
    Because several non-essential employees worked for a couple days out of the whole month to come up with the closure documents, I wouldnít doubt that much of the work on the first document had been done prior to the closure.

    Does anyone from the USFS watching this post know when the USFS started working on the closure documents? Was it after the closure started?

    It just doesnít make sense that nothing was done on the closure until after the shutdown started. I could be won, but I doubt it.

    99% of the non-essential USFS employees got a one month vacation. I would assume they spent their vacation time wisely.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,817
    Turns out a lot of federal employees like to work. Some even like to work so much they worked other jobs or took out loans to pay bills while they were enjoying their vacation time. What a country!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tom tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    259
    So am I the only one that thinks we have way more federal employees than we need?
    I Pity The Fool That Can't Ride A Bike Without A Dropper!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,817
    Quote Originally Posted by tom tom View Post
    So am I the only one that thinks we have way more federal employees than we need?
    Really? 800,000 in a country with 122 million?

    This thread is lame and is already circling the drain.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Turns out a lot of federal employees like to work. Some even like to work so much they worked other jobs or took out loans to pay bills while they were enjoying their vacation time. What a country!
    As a person who took very little vacation time during my working years, I can understand working at some other job during the government shutdown or even on weekends sometimes.

    Itís hard to believe that very many nonessential USFS employees took out loans for being off work for one month. Maybe those USFS non-essential employees monitoring this thread could chime in if they personally had to take out a loan during the shutdown to pay for normal living expenses during the shutdown. A new bike or firearm doesnít count.

  14. #14
    Location: 10 ft from Hell Moderator
    Reputation: life behind bars's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,163
    annnnnd, this one is done.......
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

Similar Threads

  1. Essential Cleaning/Maintenance Supplies
    By rm86 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 03:19 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:26 PM
  3. Flagstaff to Sedona and back up to Flagstaff
    By BEATCOLLECTOR in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
  4. Essential tools.
    By hardtailkid in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
  5. Essential and non-essential tools on your multi-tool?
    By Finch Platte in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Members who have read this thread: 89

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.