mtbr member
    May 2011

No more GnarGnar????

Is it true? No more GnarGnar at SoMo?

latedropbob - please settle this...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    This would suck. I'm in Prescott and just built up a dh bike this winter in hopes of using their service. I did notice a post on AZ shortbus facebook page that said they were only doing private groups. Nothing official but I don't think they have done any public rides in the last month.. Again this is just word of mouth.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Thanks for the concern guys... As far as public local shuttles are concerned on SOMO, AZ Shortbus is now your answer. We've chosen to go a different route as far as our business model is concerned. Thanks for all the years of support and gnarly times! Please support ShortBus James and Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona to find more like minded riders to shuttle with or post up here on MTBR to schedule rides. Thanks Arizona, see you on the trails...

-latedropbob

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Pedaling up still works pretty well, for us old school types. But thanks for the memories!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Most of my riding buds and I have moved away from shuttling in favor of riding up, but we sure have some great GnarGnar memories (and scars). Good luck, Bob and the rest of the guys.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Bob, do you still do private shuttles?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    Thanks for the concern guys... As far as public local shuttles are concerned on SOMO, AZ Shortbus is now your answer. We've chosen to go a different route as far as our business model is concerned. Thanks for all the years of support and gnarly times! Please support ShortBus James and Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona to find more like minded riders to shuttle with or post up here on MTBR to schedule rides. Thanks Arizona, see you on the trails...

-latedropbob
    I won't support them, actually. Not much else better to alienate other users than a freight train of non-climbing fatties.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    I won't support them, actually. Not much else better to alienate other users than a freight train of non-climbing fatties.
    What a Richard.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by KOM KRUSHER View Post
    Somo is not the place to run shuttles. Gives nothing but a bad name to all mtbrs. worst possible idea ever!!
    Hmm, I take it you've never climbed up National and noticed all the mtbers coming down that didn't shuttle that give mtbers a bad name. The shuttles almost never run to the bottom of national because there are lots of climbs and people on the trail, which is why they've always been limited to the trails with light traffic. Now any yahoo can go up and shuttle national, but responsible DHers can run shuttles on the DH trails and respect the user groups just fine, just like they have for years. I've had far more problems with non-shuttling newbs and weekend warriors not yielding while they are heading downhill on national, while the issues with the dedicated DHers are usually non-existent to slight. Of course if you are willing to give up your rights, I guess there's lots of stuff that you should stop doing, probably should stop driving for one...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Hmm, I take it you've never climbed up National and noticed all the mtbers coming down that didn't shuttle that give mtbers a bad name. The shuttles almost never run to the bottom of national because there are lots of climbs and people on the trail, which is why they've always been limited to the trails with light traffic. Now any yahoo can go up and shuttle national, but responsible DHers can run shuttles on the DH trails and respect the user groups just fine, just like they have for years. I've had far more problems with non-shuttling newbs and weekend warriors not yielding while they are heading downhill on national, while the issues with the dedicated DHers are usually non-existent to slight. Of course if you are willing to give up your rights, I guess there's lots of stuff that you should stop doing, probably should stop driving for one...
    If they've already climbed up and you haven't, get the hell out of the way and have some respect. And, there are no DH trails on South Mountain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    What a Richard.
    Length and girth, butterwings.

Elitest thrill junkie
    If they've already climbed up and you haven't, get the hell out of the way and have some respect.
    lol, panties in a bunch? Did you try calling "strava!"? So you don't follow the rules of the trail, yet you're trying to pin some other group as "bad image for mountain bikers". The cognitive dissonance must hurt...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    lol, panties in a bunch? Did you try calling "strava!"? So you don't follow the rules of the trail, yet you're trying to pin some other group as "bad image for mountain bikers". The cognitive dissonance must hurt...
    Other cyclists are the worst offenders, failing to yield to me when I've just climbed. Hikers can usually tell I'm not to be fvcked with during these times and move off the trail, often with words of sincere encouragement.

mtbr member
    Why, Why, WHY???????????????????
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

suvlako
    Always the outlyers that spoil it for the bunch. In this thread, it's the internet tough guy Mrwhlr and his co captain "The krusher"... Way to derail a thread.

Sorry to hear about that Gnargnar. It's been fun and I wish you luck in your future endeavors! Nevermind the haters... Do your thing!!

sandbagger
    If they've already climbed up and you haven't, get the hell out of the way and have some respect. And, there are no DH trails on South Mountain.
    So you can ride up Geronimo and Holbert?
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I rode up Geronimo once. Once. And when I say "rode," I mean about 35% of it.

The ignore button works great on the trolls polluting this thread.

sandbagger
    Point is other people will read this and may come to their own conclusions. Geronimo and Holbert are great for DH and hiking and thats all.

When did MTBR turn into pinkbike, ive been gone a while and see tons of trolls in the AZ thread already.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i need to give somo another shot,, its been almost 2 years since i was there and i feel way more confident in my climbing and descending now.
    plus early mornings aren't as cold anymore

Wait for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    What a Richard.
    True that. Stick to desert classic, ya knob...

AKA shitbird
    I give thanks to all the dickbags in this thread for reconfirming why I rarely visit mtbr anymore. Adios
    JRA

******ed or Branded??
    Funny how you guys took hook line and sinker. That KOM douche just started his account this month and only had 40+ posts. It's either a troll, or a roadie that started an account just to have a ***** fit. Fyi I'm a trucker who likes to scare the crap out of roadie climbers.......since you asked.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Meatbomb
    Why did you visit today?

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Why did you visit today?
    Same as you!!! Since your on here and all
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Same as you!!! Since your on here and all
    Sorry, I was replying to the post above you... timing and all ya know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Funny how you guys took hook line and sinker. That KOM douche just started his account this month and only had 40+ posts. It's either a troll, or a roadie that started an account just to have a ***** fit. Fyi I'm a trucker who likes to scare the crap out of roadie climbers.......since you asked.
    Truck driver divorce, it's really sad.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Maybe so, but those pictures he is posting make me feel funny below the belt line.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Humans aren't meant to live like rats in cages............

and remember, this biking stuff is supposed to be fun. If you are finding that difficult you may be the problem.