Thread: Night Rides

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Night Rides

Hello all,

Since the summer is here I know a lot of us either ride at night or early in the AM. I dont mind early morning rides every now and then, however I do like to sleep in on the weekends. I have been riding solo the past few weeks at night, and I must say its extremely fun, but risky.

I was hoping to start a frequent night riding schedule nothing set in stone, but just something anyone and everyone could come out and enjoy. I usually ride Hawes & Usery or anything east valley, but im open to other places. Anything to get people out there spinning their wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    this sounds like a good idea and something I would be open to depending on timing. (I work at night). As you say, night riding is fun, but best done in groups as opposed to alone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I couldnt agree more, I'm open to any Suggestions anyone has

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson821
    Hello all,

Since the summer is here I know a lot of us either ride at night or early in the AM. I dont mind early morning rides every now and then, however I do like to sleep in on the weekends. I have been riding solo the past few weeks at night, and I must say its extremely fun, but risky.

I was hoping to start a frequent night riding schedule nothing set in stone, but just something anyone and everyone could come out and enjoy. I usually ride Hawes & Usery or anything east valley, but im open to other places. Anything to get people out there spinning their wheels.
    I have been thinking of getting some lights for night riding and finally got a job again so I may finally pull the trigger. I ride Hawes and Usery all the time. I may take you up on this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Hawes is a lot of fun at night but the switchbacks can be a little iffy if you're never ridden them during the day. Where in the valley do you live? I think a bunch of people from the Missing Link group head out to Hawes quite often during the summer nights (correct me if I'm wrong people). That's how I met some MTBR people one time. I came with two other friends to ride and there was a huge group of them there and Dee with her flask cage which I thought was crazy.

Definitely don't ride alone at night unless you are easily within sight of an exit. I've done Santan once at night but stayed on the northern trails as they keep you in line of sight of the ranger station and even then it's freaky to be out there alone in the dark.

mtbr member
    I could be down for some Hawes night riding. I did DC on Saturday and had an amazing time. I'm getting tired of waking up at 4 am.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

We love night rides!

Usually thursdays

from Kevin Noel on Vimeo.

Give this guys light a serious look! I dont work for him he's just a friend and i try and help spread the love of his great lites! If your ever in denver just look up the t.i.t.s. rides and come join in! i"ll hook you up with a free demo light for the ride
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    night rides in the snow? damn,, no way thats nintendo season for me...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yea I dont know about the snow either.... Does a certain day work better than others for those out there?

Members who have read this thread: 0