Night ride in Sedona?- Mtbr.com
    Shift less, Pedal more.

Night ride in Sedona?

Anyone up for a night ride in Sedona? I went 2 weeks ago, alone, and my mind was playing a little too many tricks on me. I kept seeing people sitting off the side of the trail. So I'm looking for some people who would like to go on a group night ride sometime and help ease my fears.

I was thinking of Bell Rock, Llama, HT, Templeton, Baldwin(counterclockwise), Templeton, Bell Rock, done. I would be willing to throw in Broken Arrow to Chicken Point, but I'm trying to keep the time low because of lighting. 3 hours or less.

I would be willing to lead the ride. I think it'll be cool to do during a full moon. Next one is Wed April 28th. Meet up at 8pm?

This would be a group ride and no one will be left behind, unless they choose so.

Any takers?
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    IN. Full moon rise while sitting on Submarine Rock is pretty sweet. I need to do more night riding as the work schedule is taking over.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Shift less, Pedal more.
    I will be posting more information on the route soon.

Length will be around 15-20 miles and not really for beginners. Some of the terrain is technical, so at night it's even trickier to navigate. Only areas I think beginners might have issues is on Llama and some parts of Baldwin. Llama could be by-passed, but that would split the group. I will not be responsible for any mishaps that happen during the ride.

As more interest develops, more information will be posted.

If this works, maybe it could be a full moon ride in Sedona every month. I'll bring beer.
    Last edited by Birdss; 04-06-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm in as well. Sounds fun.

mtbr member
    Sounds good. But if you went night riding tonight, you could see the planets Venus and Mercury.

How many have seen Mercury? So close to the sun yet so far from the eye.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Members who have read this thread: 0