View Poll Results: Would you show up for a night ride, campout and trail work event 10/16 & 10/17

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Night ride on the comp loops Friday 10/16

15 37.50%
  • Night ride and campout

7 17.50%
  • Night ride, campout and trail work

18 45.00%
  • Trail work 10/17

0 0%
    mtbr member

Night ride at McDowell Mtn Park

There is a potential for one more night ride at McDowell Mtn Park and I am looking for some feedback to determine the date, trail and other details. One possibility that I am promoting to the park is a night ride Friday 10/16 on the competative loops with overnight camping in the trailhead parking area. The trailwork is schedults for the following day and I am working on a sponsor for luch afterwards. In order to convince Rand that this is a good idea I need some feedback on how many people would likely attend all or part of this as follows in the poll.

I am hoping that by combining the night ride, campout and trail maintenance more people will participate in the ride, maintenance or both.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

love it...

i love it when someone steps up and sets up another event in our area! i would be in for the whole deal, if you can get it to happen. i would help out, but of course i have a lot on my plate right now with a six month old baby boy and the cave creek bicycle festival coming up. it would be great to keep monthly night rides going year round in the park....
    Increasing the peace, one bike at a time.......

A plethora of pinatas
    Sounds like a great time! Ty and I are in for the whole enchilada. It would be wonderful if the Park could do a once-a-month night ride year-round.
    Marty

mtbr member
    To date only 16 people have responded to the poll. Rand (McDowell Park Superintendent) is of the opinion that there is not enough interest to justify an additional night ride, specifically a Friday night ride combined with a campout and trail work the following day as I have proposed to him. My proposal would be a night ride on the competative loops, not Pemberton.

I need more responses to show him that there is enough interest to justify this event. If I can show the potential for 80-100 riders for the night ride portion of the event I think that he will move forward and schedule this. If not we may have seen our last night ride at McDowell Mtn Park for this year.

A plethora of pinatas
    If the word is spread with flyers at local bike shops, I am positive you will get over 80 riders to come out for at least for the night ride.
    Marty

mtbr member
    Alan, I voted for all theree as that what I would do if I could, but I've already commited to other things that weekend. Hope you are successful in getting this set up. I think its a great idea and way to stoke the MTB community fires!

Thanks for the effort.

Brian
    b

slow uphill
    assuming nothing comes up with work, I'm in for all three and would probably bring one other person along

mtbr member
    This is something I would be interested in. Could probably get a couple people who don't read forums to help as well.

Chunky Monkey

Night Ride

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS
    To date only 16 people have responded to the poll. Rand (McDowell Park Superintendent) is of the opinion that there is not enough interest to justify an additional night ride, specifically a Friday night ride combined with a campout and trail work the following day as I have proposed to him. My proposal would be a night ride on the competative loops, not Pemberton.

I need more responses to show him that there is enough interest to justify this event. If I can show the potential for 80-100 riders for the night ride portion of the event I think that he will move forward and schedule this. If not we may have seen our last night ride at McDowell Mtn Park for this year.
    Al,

I have at least six-ten riders that come out for every ride but are not on this or any other board. A lot of riders come out from word of mouth. Plea had a great idea about flyer's and shops. How can I help. Our group would like another shot at, "Brats, Burros and Beer".

Thx,
    John
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

mtbr member
    would be great to get in another night ride. Just voted.
    got moto?

Chunky Monkey

Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bconneraz
    would be great to get in another night ride. Just voted.
    Bump...
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

mtbr member
    Depending on how much homework I have I might be interested. I planned to do the last Pemberton ride, but something came up. I really want to do some night riding, and would be down for some trail work if schedule permits.

mtbr member

Update

I have just become aware of 2 conflicts for the October 16th night ride and campout and the October 17th trail work. I am looking into the possibility of moving the event to teh following weekend 10/23&24 so that more people can attend.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS
    I have just become aware of 2 conflicts for the October 16th night ride and campout and the October 17th trail work. I am looking into the possibility of moving the event to teh following weekend 10/23&24 so that more people can attend.
    Hey Alan...that would be better for me, as I'm out of town the weekend of 10/16-17. Count me in for the following if you can swing it.

Walt
    Ride more; post less...

A plethora of pinatas
    Not that it matters that much, but 10/23/09-10/24/09 does not work for us. That is the weekend of the cyclocross event in Flagstaff. FYI
    Marty

slow uphill
    new date works for me

mtbr member
    I'm up for a Friday night ride. Now that I'm working full time at the shop getting a Saturday off for trail work is a tough cookie.

Now Saturday night ride and a Sunday trail workday would be right on the money for me!
    Do what it takes to move through

Exhale Bikes
    2814 W Bell Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85053-7530
    (602) 548-0567

Members who have read this thread: 0