Next Globe run- Mtbr.com

Thread: Next Globe run

dirt visionary

Next Globe run

So when is the next time anyone is going to shuttle in the Pinals?

As most already know from the other thread Sixshooter is clear down past the end of the switchbacks for a little ways .

But the main reason is we have a new route to show off that we are also using to shuttle .It is sick fun for BIG BURLY BIKES . People with 6" or less need not apply unless you are a master of bike skills on seriously steep ,rocky and blazing fast stuff.Even kicks my ass a bit on my sxtrail. I will also add the new route has no real hike-a-bike. after 3 seasons we finally pieced it all together.

EDIT:

Also a heads up we was there today and there was a group of 20+ hikers streatch out over .5 mile. From what I understand there will also be another big group of hikers tomorrow also. So if you go tomorrow keep an eye out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'm heading up with a group on Friday May 1. I'd love to see that new stuff. Planning on doing a little clearing as well. Hopefully we can get that baby back to shredding condition:thumbsup

dirt visionary
    Cool I would like to join .........Did you see my other post or was it a PM. Anyways the only way your clearing whats left to be cleared on sixshooter is with lots of guys 6 plus or a chainsaw. We took care of the rest .

Pivotal figure
    I think Kim and crew are talking about the 9th for shuttles...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Shred...it's the new drug
    I have a saw and we should have a bunch of guys. Maybe well start clearing Icehouse. I'll keep you in the loop at to what time and meeting place on Friday

mtbr member
    May 2007
    anyone want to go tomorrow? its silent sunday

dirt visionary
    If I didn't have a b-day party to attend at 1pm I would. If I could get up top by 7 I possibly could get 2 runs in. or only one if I drive a turn. However my burban doesn't fit many bikes at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    So when is the next time anyone is going to shuttle in the Pinals?

As most already know from the other thread Sixshooter is clear down past the end of the switchbacks for a little ways .

But the main reason is we have a new route to show off that we are also using to shuttle .It is sick fun for BIG BURLY BIKES . People with 6" or less need not apply unless you are a master of bike skills on seriously steep ,rocky and blazing fast stuff.Even kicks my ass a bit on my sxtrail. I will also add the new route has no real hike-a-bike. after 3 seasons we finally pieced it all together.

EDIT:

Also a heads up we was there today and there was a group of 20+ hikers streatch out over .5 mile. From what I understand there will also be another big group of hikers tomorrow also. So if you go tomorrow keep an eye out.

All right now you got me REALLY interested in this trail . You have to be able to stitch together some type of map or directions . Where does it start and end up at ?
    Steep and GNARLY sounds like a good time .
    I got a pretty large group going up on the 9th
    JRA

dirt visionary
    Best time I have had on a bike since we rode half of it 3 seasons back during our first attempt to hike up the mountain via trails to ride sixshooter.

The end is our alternate shuttle pickup off kellner canyon road. No checkdamn or possibility of connecting in .

I will see what I can do for a map . However I plan to be there riding most likely also becuase as of now we only have 3 people for the workday on the 9th anyways. But well see how that goes.

The entrance is by icehouse. This route uses an old road, then a maintance corridor,then telephone trail, a bit of ice house, a good section of old ice house road, a brief ride on kellner , then more of telephone to another FS road and to the truck over on Kellner canyon road 1/2 mile down from the road that goes back up. During the ride there are a number intersections that can lead one off in the wrong direction if they don't know which way to continue.

mtbr member
    I will be in show low building at the new ranch next weekend. Might be able to go up the following
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Best time I have had on a bike since we rode half of it 3 seasons back during our first attempt to hike up the mountain via trails to ride sixshooter.

The end is our alternate shuttle pickup off kellner canyon road. No checkdamn or possibility of connecting in .

I will see what I can do for a map . However I plan to be there riding most likely also becuase as of now we only have 3 people for the workday on the 9th anyways. But well see how that goes.

The entrance is by icehouse. This route uses an old road, then a maintance corridor,then telephone trail, a bit of ice house, a good section of old ice house road, a brief ride on kellner , then more of telephone to another FS road and to the truck over on Kellner canyon road 1/2 mile down from the road that goes back up. During the ride there are a number intersections that can lead one off in the wrong direction if they don't know which way to continue.
    If you get to shuttel it again befor the 9th anyway you can throwout some flags or ribbon ? We will be starting early on the 9 if you want to catch a run or two with us.
    JRA

Members who have read this thread: 0