Thread: Newbie in AZ

Ridin' Dirty

Newbie in AZ

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bobby and just recently bought a Specialized Hardrock sport to get me started into this sport. I live in Chandler and I plan on hitting up Desert Classic as often as possible to increase my skills.
    Anyways, just wanted to say whatsup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

South Mtn is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bobby and just recently bought a Specialized Hardrock sport to get me started into this sport. I live in Chandler and I plan on hitting up Desert Classic as often as possible to increase my skills.
    When I resided Phoenix, South Mtn was my back yard. I usually ride National and Mormon trail on my hard day and Desert Classic on easy day. Mix them up so that it doesn't get old. I wish I still lived there.

EDR
    Hey and...welcome. Desert Classic is quite a ride for a newbie (and for me and I'm not a newbie). Good luck.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZCO
    When I resided Phoenix, South Mtn was my back yard. I usually ride National and Mormon trail on my hard day and Desert Classic on easy day. Mix them up so that it doesn't get old. I wish I still lived there.

Yeah, I was thinking of National when I read Desert classic. We ride up Mormon and down National so it's always on my mind. Desert Classic is a great place to start. Lots of rolling up/down. You can take some side trails to some much larger climbs when you want or just haul ass on the main trails. It's something like 9miles one way so take lots, lots of water.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    check out www.mtbaz.net

kristis group is very beginner friendly. she tries hard to make sure no one is dropped or left behind on a ride... good group to get started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by funboarder1971
    check out www.mtbaz.net

kristis group is very beginner friendly. she tries hard to make sure no one is dropped or left behind on a ride... good group to get started with.
    Thanks for the link. I'll definitely have to check out one of those rides.

Ouch, I am hot!
    If you are a newbie to the sport, don't attempt Morman or National alone and/or until you get better. There is danger of killing yourself, but more realistically, you will not enjoy it. If you "outgrow" Desert Classic, you can always move to the "next step".

PS: BE CAREFUL OUT THERE WITH THIS HEAT AND ALL.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    If you are a newbie to the sport, don't attempt Morman or National alone and/or until you get better. There is danger of killing yourself, but more realistically, you will not enjoy it. If you "outgrow" Desert Classic, you can always move to the "next step".

PS: BE CAREFUL OUT THERE WITH THIS HEAT AND ALL.
    yeah, from what I've read I was gonna stay away from National for a little while until I become better and have some more rides under my belt. No pun intended.

I'm used to the heat, I've lived in AZ my whole life, and I'm not so crazy that I go riding in the middle of the day. Thats why I have an office job, so I dont have to go out during the day.