New whitewalls for the singlespeed- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

New whitewalls for the singlespeed

Late last year I posted a message about how I cracked the rear rim on my Bianchi Rita. I have since replaced the silver Velocity wheels with some white Stans Flows (same hubs...just rebuilt with new rims).

I realized that I never put up any photos of the result. Well, here it is...

Thx...Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New whitewalls for the singlespeed-dscf0378.jpg  

New whitewalls for the singlespeed-dscf0376.jpg  

Rhino
    Which model Velocity rim did you crack?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds
    Which model Velocity rim did you crack?
    Velocity Blunt. Split it right at the seam/weld when I nailed a rock and pinch flatted. I opted to go with Stans Flows as a replacement since they work 10x better for tubeless applications.

Thx...Doug

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    The white rims do look nice...

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Velocity Blunt. Split it right at the seam/weld when I nailed a rock and pinch flatted. I opted to go with Stans Flows as a replacement since they work 10x better for tubeless applications.

Thx...Doug
    Curious as I am building up some blunt race wheels. I'm a luddite and still run tubes...and sans suspension, so hopefully they hold up. Good job on the hill today. -rhino

Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds
    Curious as I am building up some blunt race wheels. I'm a luddite and still run tubes...and sans suspension, so hopefully they hold up. Good job on the hill today. -rhino
    The Blunts are crazy wide inside (~24mm), so I *really* liked how my tires filled out when mounted to them. What I didn't like about the Blunts was that it was a *beatch* to convert to tubeless, as they have a huge channel to fill before you can put the rim tape into them. Plus some of my favorite tires, such as the Panaracer Rampage, didn't fit very tight.

Otherwise, I really liked the Blunts until I cracked them. I have a feeling that was more of a case of bad luck than anything else.

Thx...Dug

Members who have read this thread: 0