mtbr member
    Oct 2016

New Trail at NRA

I headed down to Apache Junction to ride with TS and another two Canadians this weekend. Paradise was going to be cold and rainy this weekend so I headed south. We rode Gold Canyon yesterday and early today we rode on some adventure wash doubletrack with some terrible rocky hike-a-bike equestrian singletrack.

After the first ride I suggested checking out the newly built 2.1 mile trail that was built in one day by 100 volunteers. The trail was built in a minimalist style that should be ridden in to a better trail as time goes on. It rides best from south to north in the mostly downhill direction.

The trail was constructed with numerous berms on the tight turn sections which adds adds to the fun factor. There were some hump jumps added to increase the fun factor.

My only complaint about the trail would be if all the unneeded rock and branches were left longterm once the trail got established which shouldnít take very long. IMHO the trail asthetics are negatively impacted by the unnecessary rocks and branches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trail at NRA-a9b4a3bf-9587-488c-99cb-01d8af791989.jpg  

New Trail at NRA-bd6e380e-87fb-478d-97da-6991e3d2e044.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Note that the new trail hasnít been added to the Trailforks data base yet. TS indicated that the addition should be done by one of the people who actually worked on the trail.

The locals we met on the trail indicated two other trails have been approved by the Tonto National Forest to allow for some nice Loop options.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Sneaky pic of me and some other Hawesaholics there TD. Good running into you guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Sneaky pic of me and some other Hawesaholics there TD. Good running into you guys.
    SH it was nice running in to some of the local MTBR racers. Thanks for not saying terrible things about me in front of the other riders. Itís always nice to see new trail production and especially so quickly. I look forward to riding the next two additions when completed.