mtbr member
    May 2015

New Trail in Gold Canyon

Hello Everyone
    Just finished a new trail that leads from Quartz ridge Exit to Kings Ranch road.
    This trail can be found two ways . the easiest of the two is going backwards form old horse trail backwards on Quartz ridge Exit which starts at the bottom of Vortex and Old Horse trail go approx. 1/4 mile until you see the new kairen on your right . Up and over two hills and then through a gate in the state land fence.
    after that keep following the kairens and up a great hill on double track and down hill all the way to Kings ranch road.
    Please watch for tracks if you get lost.
    This trail was made to have another option to go through Apacheland , you will be.able to look down on the entire Apacheland property.
    Second option is if you park at Kings Ranch Road and Baseline which is next to the golf course you will ride past the old entrance of Apacheland and turn into the trees just after the big wash.
    That is all the clues I can give you.
    There are some fun terrain on this trail , not easy but fun.
    Do not reroute around these items.

Just a side note whomever is dumping up my trails had better stop Because I have you guys on game cameras and will not be very nice when I meet up with you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hey K:
    Thanks a BIG BUnch for continuing the saga of making GC a GREAT place to ride n recreate.
    I will look fwd to doing that trail; but am finalizing another addition that I'll post in 2 days; N of bush Hwy to make a loop with Scorpion and Sisters; so one does not have to ride the dangerous Hwy! Oh yeah, its called 'SHUTDOWN"; and is a product of Jacques and I....and of course its an old horse and game trail.....
    Cheers.
    TS
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Thank you much t both you! Excited for more trails, I can't get enough of wild horse and high horse I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Ohhh I'm excited to go check it out. Glad to hear it's not "easy" .

Also, what do you mean "dumping up" your trails? What's going on?
    "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Real Estate Professionals llc.
    realestate-professionals.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    When ridin Wildhorse the other day I reflected that its one of the nicest all round X ctry trails in AZ.
    And now one can loop; Park at Sisters exit to Bush; ride 200 yds to Shutdown entry; ride East thru Phon and Coons to the access to Bush at Scorpion (will be on TF in a day or 2); then UP Scorpion to High horse (or Wildhorse) and West to Sisters; then N to bush and yer beer.
    Cheers. PM me if you'd like to help.
    TS

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Senior View Post
    Hey K:
    Thanks a BIG BUnch for continuing the saga of making GC a GREAT place to ride n recreate.
    I will look fwd to doing that trail; but am finalizing another addition that I'll post in 2 days; N of bush Hwy to make a loop with Scorpion and Sisters; so one does not have to ride the dangerous Hwy! Oh yeah, its called 'SHUTDOWN"; and is a product of Jacques and I....and of course its an old horse and game trail.....
    Cheers.
    TS
    Cheers.
    Hey TS,
    Not to rain on your parade, we all love new trails, however please don't build any trails on the Tonto NF without going through the proper channels. Hawes area in particular. The wheels are finally turning over there and a good relationship is being established. Rogue trails won't help the big picture. If it's truly an old horse/game trail, then so be it.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Might have to check out the new trail at GC tomorrow. Pending our route we may go check it out. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just another half mile...
    You are still crossing Apache Land private property and is not a legal access. Not good idea to build new trails on private property then advertise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Designer View Post
    Hello Everyone
    Just finished a new trail that leads from Quartz ridge Exit to Kings Ranch road.
    This trail can be found two ways . the easiest of the two is going backwards form old horse trail backwards on Quartz ridge Exit which starts at the bottom of Vortex and Old Horse trail go approx. 1/4 mile until you see the new kairen on your right . Up and over two hills and then through a gate in the state land fence.
    after that keep following the kairens and up a great hill on double track and down hill all the way to Kings ranch road.
    Please watch for tracks if you get lost.
    This trail was made to have another option to go through Apacheland , you will be.able to look down on the entire Apacheland property.
    Second option is if you park at Kings Ranch Road and Baseline which is next to the golf course you will ride past the old entrance of Apacheland and turn into the trees just after the big wash.
    That is all the clues I can give you.
    There are some fun terrain on this trail , not easy but fun.
    Do not reroute around these items.

Just a side note whomever is dumping up my trails had better stop Because I have you guys on game cameras and will not be very nice when I meet up with you.

Meatbomb
    Gold Canyon is becoming the Sedrama of the valley.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If you look at the Trailforks, Sedona map and the Gold Canyon Map you will note a lot of fun connector trails that can be made into numerous different loops.

mtbr member
    Also curious what "dumping up my trails" means. Fairly confident I'm innocent, but...
    Binary • Transition Bikes • Demon Dirt •

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruppguts View Post
    Also curious what "dumping up my trails" means. Fairly confident I'm innocent, but...
    Well there was one time at Gold Canyon when, well, .... I just hope that tree is growing strong with all the fertilizer. It was just that one time.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Meatbomb
    I think he means people are dumping trash in the area.

Ahhh the pain....
    "dumbing"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    "dumbing"
    "dumping up" or "dumbing down"?
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    I have been known to dumping up near trails... but I think dude meant dumbing down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    I have been known to dumping up near trails... but I think dude meant dumbing down
    One would think, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Designer View Post

Just a side note whomever is dumping up my trails had better stop ...
    Joe

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    "dumbing down" makes sense... Never heard "dumping up"before...
    "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Real Estate Professionals llc.
    realestate-professionals.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    There are toilets now at Cloudview PL if you start there; but better start is at Baseline and KR Rd; then just ride East on Baseline and go over the fence. Then get onto Cougat/2GM etc to access East trails; or go right and use Old Horsetrail and head East.

I've tried to get a pedestrian/eq/bike access there at Baseline; but no empathy...yet.
    TS

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post
    You are still crossing Apache Land private property and is not a legal access. Not good idea to build new trails on private property then advertise it.
    Was this directed at Trail Designer or Transition Senior for his trail route comment?
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Was this directed at Trail Designer or Transition Senior for his trail route comment?
    It is amazing how must TD and TS have gotten accomplished at GC. Wishing you two the best this New Year. I think TS just created the new SHUTDOWN trail that should be enjoyable to ride.
    Last edited by Switchblade2; 1 Week Ago at 06:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruppguts View Post
    Pretty sure Trail Designer is talking about people dumbing down the trails. I have seen it happen within weeks of several of the newer black diamond 'rated' being opened, particularly Phantom, which had several technical features obliterated within weeks of the trail being announced as open.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I think he means people are dumping trash in the area.
    There have been some issues with stolen signage at GC, but I have never seen trash to be an issue out there..

Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Well there was one time at Gold Canyon when, well, .... I just hope that tree is growing strong with all the fertilizer. It was just that one time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Can "Quartz East" be removed from Trailforks? Washed out pos trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    From the Owls Nest junction, the QR East is still a horse trail; rideable; but more adventure than fun for many.
    It could be posted as such. Hope to continue it to the informal East pking lot this winter, if time permits, Pretty country S of Snowbird along QR.
    Thanks
    TS

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ok. But, running south from the Old Horse Trail, Quartz East doesn't exist anymore. Washed out prolly 3' deep.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Thanks for the note; will ck it out.
    I now think you mean the old QR access; with all the switchbacks--replaced by Longhorn

TS

Baseline road east of Mohican is not a public road on public right of way. It is an easement on private land to provide access to homes, not general public access. My guess the land owners had issues in the past with ATV and motos accessing the area in the past and may not want to allow other users access across there property. May need to talk to all the land owners who use that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Transition Senior View Post
    There are toilets now at Cloudview PL if you start there; but better start is at Baseline and KR Rd; then just ride East on Baseline and go over the fence. Then get onto Cougat/2GM etc to access East trails; or go right and use Old Horsetrail and head East.

I've tried to get a pedestrian/eq/bike access there at Baseline; but no empathy...yet.
    TS

I guess both. Should not built trails on private property without getting written permission to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    This trail
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/jYAwyQVz58oYzbo38

Sry. Can't post pics.
    Formerly mtnbykr©™

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by #mtnbykr View Post
    This trail
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/jYAwyQVz58oYzbo38

Sry. Can't post pics.
    That trail was replaced by longhorn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix311 View Post
    That trail was replaced by longhorn.
    Now that we're clear on trails, can Quartz East be deleted from TF??

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by #mtnbykr View Post
    Now that we're clear on trails, can Quartz East be deleted from TF??
    I'm not the TF admin so I cannot do that. I think Schilling is the admin for that region.

If the trail is still there, leave it, but reclassify it and revise the trail description. Some people like to ride sh!tty old trails.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix311 View Post
    I'm not the TF admin so I cannot do that. I think Schilling is the admin for that region.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I agree with Epicrider, leave the trail. I updated the status to double black, typically red trails on trailforks tend to keep riders from wandering onto them. They usually have hike-a-bike in one direction or both. It's been a while since I rode that one. I think I originally submitted it and it was rugged, but almost all rideable IIRC. That was in the mostly downhill direction. I'd take a different trail up to Quartz Ridge, like the original route or Owl's Nest.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff