New Titus- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Titus

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New Titus

I just saw this video over on the Titus board. I think it's pretty cool we have some sweet frame manufacturers here in our home state! Enjoy!

Got a suspension fork
    Pivot is here in Tempe too.

mtbr member
    The Titus and pivot frames are all made in Taiwan (or someplace overseas)... well, Titus might make some ti frames here still... not sure

There are a few really sweeeeet custom frame makers in AZ... FORM, Coconino and Oasis come to mind but there are many others...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    The Titus and pivot frames are all made in Taiwan (or someplace overseas)... well, Titus might make some ti frames here still... not sure ...
    Well, I can clarify this point. Our 29'ers, our aluminum X and aluminum FTM's are all made up in Portland OR, by SAPA and the same is true for the 2009 Motolite and Racer X's you see on sale now. The majority of our Titanium has unfortunately been outsourced due to the harsh economic climate, but it is still being made domestically. We do however make ALL of our custom Ti and some rush titanium jobs in-house.

Our Carbon bikes and the El Guapo are the only three frames of our line that are made off-shore and that primarily has do do with the technologies and fabrication processes that these manufacturers employ.

Feel free to ask us any other questions about our bikes. Thanks.

mtbr member
    My God. What's with the Frampton?

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    My God. What's with the Frampton?

(Yes, that is Peter Frampton)
    Last edited by randyharris; 09-02-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Az HS Cycling League
    I must say that hydroformed Ti looks way cool. Nice innovation.
    Support Arizona High School Cycling League
    www.arizonamtb.org

pedaller
    Is there a reason for the "Full TILLT BABY" typo at the beginning?
    Last edited by Noelg; 09-02-2009 at 07:40 PM.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Well, I can clarify this point. Our 29'ers, our aluminum X and aluminum FTM's are all made up in Portland OR, by SAPA and the same is true for the 2009 Motolite and Racer X's you see on sale now. The majority of our Titanium has unfortunately been outsourced due to the harsh economic climate, but it is still being made domestically. We do however make ALL of our custom Ti and some rush titanium jobs in-house.

Our Carbon bikes and the El Guapo are the only three frames of our line that are made off-shore and that primarily has do do with the technologies and fabrication processes that these manufacturers employ.

Feel free to ask us any other questions about our bikes. Thanks.
    Nice!!! Thanks for the clarification. I used to ride a Titus a few years ago, when they were all still made here, and had multiple front triangle issues, which Titus took care of every time. The last warranty frame was one of the first Taiwan made ones and it was great! No issues at all, held up fine and I was very happy with it... so not saying being made overseas is a bad thing at all! Keep it up, you guys have a lot of cool stuff going on!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    There are a few really sweeeeet custom frame makers in AZ... FORM, Coconino and Oasis come to mind but there are many others...
    may i also add Andy Gilmour, Siren & Bohemian........... there's also many "hobby builders" but i only consider full time insurance holding builders to be "bonafide" as per recomendation. insurance is a must. if a builder says different it's because they are thinking of themselves, not you............just sayin'. i've been mulling over a low-key AZ builder meeting - maybe a BBQ @ Fort Tutthill? we could all split a remada. Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    For showing seat stays that offer more clearance, those are some skinny tires on their builds.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0