New Singletrack Coming To Pine, AZ- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

New Singletrack Coming To Pine, AZ

People are hard at work putting together a circumference trail around Pine, AZ. So far over 13 miles has been flagged. The terrain is very rugged in places but the goal is to make the trail an intermediate level trail for the the fit. (don't worry expert riders, you'll have your hands full ... of rock drops etc.). The trail is the result of the fuels reduction program and the "Fire on the Rim" mountain bike race. All proceeds from the race go to trail development ... for US mountain bikers!!! : - ) ...... We hope to begin actual trail building in the spring of 2012 .after the forest service completes their environmental impact analysis, with completion of the whole trail by 2014. As segments open I will keep you informed... The 13 mile section from the Pine Trailhead to Highway 87 should be sweet... Come race next September and support this worthy cause. We also have some sweet new singletrack flagged for next years race.

mtbr member
    Fantastic! That's a beautiful area!
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Shred...it's the new drug
    keep us in the loop for build days... I know a group that would love to help GRO some sick technical singletrack

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Job well done 90minIPA!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    How many miles is the whole trail supposed to be when totally complete?

That's great news! (Now, if Prescott could somehow get the Circle Trail completed).

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dlloyd View Post
    How many miles is the whole trail supposed to be when totally complete?

That's great news! (Now, if Prescott could somehow get the Circle Trail completed).
    Approximately 13.13 miles

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    dlloyd,
    The trail should be in th neighborhood of 20-25 miles when complete. Not sure about the 87 underpass but by next spring we should be swingin' McClouds and shovels.......... I can't wait for the section from the Pine Trailhead over to Portals 3 to be completed (about 8-9 miles ). hope to have that rideable by summer 2012. Actually, the west side of 87 may be easier since we will be incorporating some existing trail where possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Maps

Traildoc,
    Great map work ... can't wait to get my Garmin 800 and download your stuff... thanks for the tech work.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post
    dlloyd,
    The trail should be in th neighborhood of 20-25 miles when complete. Not sure about the 87 underpass but by next spring we should be swingin' McClouds and shovels.......... I can't wait for the section from the Pine Trailhead over to Portals 3 to be completed (about 8-9 miles ). hope to have that rideable by summer 2012. Actually, the west side of 87 may be easier since we will be incorporating some existing trail where possible.
    90:

You sound like me in the old days when I use to dream about a trail here and a trail there that made a lot of since and would really improve the riding experience in a certain location. Nice to see you have the land manager on board and they are going to get all those vital studies done to move the project forward.

How many miles of fun single track do you guys currently have on the books and do you have an online map of those trails with a difficulty rating for each trail listed? Also are there some type of Everytrail postings that riders can refer to to get an idea of a cool loop to do when they ride in Pine?

Frequently, I get an email message from Everytrail advising me that someone somewhere in the world has used my posting to try and figure out a good loop to ride while in Sedona spending their hard earned vacation dollars. It appears to be a great tool for those riders that do their homework on the net.

traildoc:

wesadude has favorited your EveryTrail trip, Cow Pies to Damifino to Damifido to Lavitra to Lavitra Bypass to Brew Pub to Damifino to Hangover to Munds Wagon Trail .
    To see your trip, visit Cow Pies to Damifino to Damifido to Lavitra to Lavitra Bypass to Brew Pub to Damifino to Hangover to Munds Wagon Trail - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

You can view wesadude's profile here: wesadude User Profile | EveryTrail

Cheers,
    The EveryTrail Team

Keep us posted on the progress.

TD

mtbr member
    How does one get involved with these trail days, I would love to help out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Approximately 13.13 miles
    My lucky numbers!
    agmtb

mtbr member
    This is great news that area could use some more single track, I be curious to see if there's a way to tie this stuff in with the AZT bike route.

Tim
    Singin' I love hike a bike!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The single track currently up there is challenging. Really fun. And, at that last 3 miles section at the end of the loop during Firer on the Rim race was physically and mentally very demanding, especially the 3rd time. Can't wait for more trails up there. The race next year should be amazing!!! September will be a better time too

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    And this is why I raced last August. Great to hear! You've got some nice terrain there for some nice trail. I agree, the last 3 or so miles were great in the race. Keep it coming. I'll be back for the race next year and wouldn't mind lending a hand making some new trail either.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Hey , 90 this is cool to hear about mtb trail. do you live here ? I ride all the time around here. I live in Payson.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey bman, where do you ride up there? I get up there a lot, mainly just north of Payson, but I ride into town to find places to ride. Heard something about some new single track near the "boulders" area. Don't know where that is...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    bman09, I live in Phoenix but spend most weekends and summer in Pine... so I bring my mt bike and explore around. Most of the trails around Pine are in hideous shape but ride what I can... would love to ride some more singletrack in area.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post
    bman09, I live in Phoenix but spend most weekends and summer in Pine... so I bring my mt bike and explore around. Most of the trails around Pine are in hideous shape but ride what I can... would love to ride some more singletrack in area.
    90:

Just curious why are the trails in hideous shape? The FS is going to let 23 miles of new trail be built someday in the distance future and in the mean time the trails you ride there are in hideous shape.

TD

mtbr member
    I was up there last night for a meeting for next year's Fire on the Rim race and we talked about the new trail system. Expect some really great things in the coming year to be developed in the Pine-Strawberry area, those good folks up there are working really hard to make it a riding destination.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    traildoc, the trails are in hideous shape because they are old trails that were not built with sustainability in mind. In places they follow drainages, others are fall line trails, and for some strange reason it was hip to line trails with rocks (making sure the water didn't sheet off the trail). Then you've got these rock dams that cross the trails, log waterbars, do I need to go on ............. so .. not so much fun on a mt. bike... especially trying to climb up a 20% pitch trail with gully erosion and a load of various size loose rocks to negotiate. I'd much rather be riding my bike as opposed to taking it for a walk.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    mtbkracr,
    I am so bummed I missed last nites mtg. regarding the 2012 Fire on the Mountain race. (best friend,, who also raced this year, had a last minute birthday party)... should have my garmin this weekend and plan do do some trail work on the west side of 87....Hope yall had fun at the mtg... great group of people...

mtbr member
    Hey , 90 and az modela when is the next time you will be up here? there is some nice stuff to show you..

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bman09 View Post
    Hey , 90 and az modela when is the next time you will be up here? there is some nice stuff to show you..
    I'll be up there Oct 6th - 9th, my riding days will only be the 7th and 8th and maybe early on the 9th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    bman.. be up this weekend and then not until around weekend of Oct. 12?ish not sure of date...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    90minIPA
    You mentioned you are going to be doing some trailwork up by Pine this coming weekend. Need help? I am in Pine this weekend and I am always up for trail work.