Thread: New River Trail

mtbr member

New River Trail

Hey Guy's -

Anyone know how far North the new river trail goes? Looks like Deer Valley RD and 75th from some online maps I found.

Anyone know if there is a path that takes the trail north to Happy Valley or Jomax? If so, is it dirt and rideable?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    Hey Guy's -

Anyone know how far North the new river trail goes? Looks like Deer Valley RD and 75th from some online maps I found.

Anyone know if there is a path that takes the trail north to Happy Valley or Jomax? If so, is it dirt and rideable?

Thanks
    There are paved portions that head south of Happy Valley Road both on the east and west side of New River Wash. There is also a non-paved path that goes north from Jomax (East side of the wash) and disappears past the development as it heads toward the dam. The land between those two pieces if vacant State Trust land with many jeep roads.

Somewhere south of Happy Valley, the paved portion ends and it just becomes vacant land. Since it's all relatively flat, you should be able to link all the sections from Deer Valley to Happy Valley to Jomax.

I believe that Peoria is "letting" developers pick up the tab for the sections that run next to their developments. So some of the sections are currently discontinuous.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Does the city haveplans to develop any trails in the area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    There are paved portions that head south of Happy Valley Road both on the east and west side of New River Wash. There is also a non-paved path that goes north from Jomax (East side of the wash) and disappears past the development as it heads toward the dam. The land between those two pieces if vacant State Trust land with many jeep roads.

Somewhere south of Happy Valley, the paved portion ends and it just becomes vacant land. Since it's all relatively flat, you should be able to link all the sections from Deer Valley to Happy Valley to Jomax.

I believe that Peoria is "letting" developers pick up the tab for the sections that run next to their developments. So some of the sections are currently discontinuous.
    Thanks man,

I took it south from Jomax last night. I was good headed south of Happy Valley on the west side of the wash until roughly pinnacle peak rd, bunch of construction there, couldn't get through on the west side of the wash. It was getting dark, and the coyotes where everywhere, so I will go back and try the west side of the wash heading south of happy valley.