mtbr member
    May 2010

New member North Phoenix

Hello. My name is Chris and I am new to the forum and new to mountain biking in general. I have had my mountain bike for about 2 weeks now. Since I have purchased the bike I have ridden a few trails; Pemberton Trail and the Sport/Technical loops at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, the Freedom and Summit trails at Piestewa Peak, and I have also ridden the trails at the Reach 11 Recreational area which is in close proximity to my home. Other than that, I usually ride the trail at the corner of my neighborhood which leads to the Cave Butte Recreational area off of Cave Creek. I'm certainly interested in meeting locals who mountain bike often. I'd also be interested in meeting some cyclist that live in my area. I appreciate and thank you for any information you might divulge. Ride Arizona and ride safe!

Christopher

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleAz
    Hello. My name is Chris and I am new to the forum and new to mountain biking in general. I have had my mountain bike for about 2 weeks now. Since I have purchased the bike I have ridden a few trails; Pemberton Trail and the Sport/Technical loops at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, the Freedom and Summit trails at Piestewa Peak, and I have also ridden the trails at the Reach 11 Recreational area which is in close proximity to my home. Other than that, I usually ride the trail at the corner of my neighborhood which leads to the Cave Butte Recreational area off of Cave Creek. I'm certainly interested in meeting locals who mountain bike often. I'd also be interested in meeting some cyclist that live in my area. I appreciate and thank you for any information you might divulge. Ride Arizona and ride safe!

Christopher
    Hey Chris, welcome to chaos....it's not that bad. Bikes are a pretty cool escape pods from the world huh?

See you on the trails, keep your eyes posted as there are group rides, pump track sesh, road trips being that the weather is heating up most tend to head north for cool rides in the trees.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Join meetup.com's AZ mountain Biking and Scottsdale MTB group. I live in Anthem and I ride frequently and would'nt mind showing you the trails I frequent. I ride early to beat the heat. I am relatively new to this also, have only been riding for 9 months and would consider myself an advanced intermediate. I ride with a couple of regulars and wouldnt mind another...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Cave Creek

I'm a part timer in N. Phoenix--Tatum/Dynamite area--riding to the South of Dynamite and west of Cave Creek road from Dynamite to Lone Mountain and that whole area further North, to where I think you are? Any of those areas interest you? Hopefully the two or three riders I've seen off road in these area's are reading this forum? I haven't been to Pima/Dynamite on my bike yet--but that looks to be good under the power lines. John

Team Tortuga
    Quote Originally Posted by tekoa53
    I haven't been to Pima/Dynamite on my bike yet--but that looks to be good under the power lines. John
    The real treasure of Pima and Dynamite IMO is the sweet singletrack on the eastern and western sides of the powerlines. I usually will ride the power lines back and then break off and ride some sweet singletrack. Some of it can be a little moto swoopy but it definitely keeps you interested.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm around the corner from the Reach 11 Trails, 56th Street and Bell. There not bad for the casual ride, great for trial running.

Usually I'm riding McDowell Park Trails, Pemberton, Comp Loop. Check out Trial 100, right up the 51 and northern, Pima Dynamite - some of the trials havenít been destroyed by motorcycles.

My other ride is your mom
    Welcome....check out the sticky up top for info on the Blues festival going on up on the rim in a few weeks.....given the time of year, it'd be worth your time to check out the trails up there and meet plenty of heat refugees from the valley.

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    and meet plenty of heat refugees from the valley.
    heat refugees, I like that!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

im4Gsus
    also read the sticky at the top of the page "VISITORS READ THIS FIRST" or something like that.

trail 100 from 7th street, across from the Pointe Hilton (just south of thurnderbird rd), is very good too.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleAz
    Other than that, I usually ride the trail at the corner of my neighborhood which leads to the Cave Butte Recreational area off of Cave Creek.
    I think we may live in the same neighborhood.

I just sent you a PM

mtbr member
    Just a heads up....bikes are not allowed on the Summit trail at Squaw Peak.

Members who have read this thread: 0