New guy to the board- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

New guy to the board

Hello all, I'm 24 living in flag about to graduate in december... I come from a bmx background and just got into mountain biking last season. Just ordered a Transition Trans-AM and am looking for people in Flagstaff to go shred the gnar-gnar with as soon as this snow melts.

Anyone here live in flag and wanna ride?

Pivotal figure
    Trans-Am is a sweet ride, should be cool for some of the stuff up there. Plenty of Flag guys on here, might take a bit for them to chime in.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I might meet up with ya some time, just don't call it gnar-gnar please. For some reason gnar gnar and pow pow make me cringe. This could be an age thing, don't know.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    I might meet up with ya some time, just don't call it gnar-gnar please. For some reason gnar gnar and pow pow make me cringe. This could be an age thing, don't know.

but gnar is acceptable?

mtbr member
    I might be down for a ride sometime. Not positive on the amount of gnar-gnar I actually shred, but I'm definitely getting itchy after all this snow, so I'll probably be down for anything

You go to NAU or CCC?
    Disclaimer: Bo does not actually know anything at all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride sedona lots so if your game for some uber sick gnar gnar I'm usually leaving flag wed, fri and one of the weekend days. car holds 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I go to NAU-- majoring in psych. I was out in Sedona today to go hiking with my fiance and some friends. We took bell trail out to clear creek and all i could think about was how fun it would be to bring the bike out there. Anyone ever bomb bell trail?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seeanddestroy
    I go to NAU-- majoring in psych. I was out in Sedona today to go hiking with my fiance and some friends. We took bell trail out to clear creek and all i could think about was how fun it would be to bring the bike out there. Anyone ever bomb bell trail?
    I rode broken arrow to chicken pt. to little horse to HT to slim shady to h...e to baldwin to templeton to little horse to broken arrow today. That was a fun route. There are tons of trails out there that are fun. I haven't ridden bell trail before but I dont know if I would want to with all the people. I go to NAU too as well. Live off lake mary rd. Some of my classmates ride out there as well. In all seriousness just take your bike out there and ride it. You don't need anyone with you. When you start taking more chances its a good idea, but at this stage in your riding, your fitness will need to improve. I only assume your relative inexperience by the way you use the word "BOMB." We usually simply go fast. Especially after a few years of college. We stop bombing after 11th grade. Just kidding!!!! But if you feel like going for a ride sometime, just post up here. Flag is underrepresented anyways...Welcome to the boards.
    Last edited by pwrtrainer; 03-28-2010 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seeanddestroy
    Cool man, I'm at NAU too... double major in Mechanical Engineering and Physics. Never been to Bell trail before, unless perhaps you mean Bell Rock? Anyway, everything I've ridden in Sedona has been great, so I'm sure you can't go wrong.
    Disclaimer: Bo does not actually know anything at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0