mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New to AZ looking for someone to ride with

As the title says, I just moved here. I am kinda new to mountain biking. I have been riding for about 15 years, but in MI, the trails I rode were weak, and some years I would only go once or twice, if at all. Anyway, I am kind of a rookie. I have gotten into decent physical shape the last month or so, I would say a little above average condition. I have started working in Camp Verde, and will be going to school in Prescott, and live in New River. Yes that is a lot of driving I know. I would be looking to ride in Prescott, Sedona or Flagstaff primarily, or maybe northern Phoenix, when It cools down, I don't like the heat and wont ride if its over 90. Call me a ***** all you want, i'Il see you when its in the 30's and 40's, not that it happens enough.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Welcome!

I don't get out of Phoenix nearly enough, but I do ride quite often in this rediculous heat. If you ever want to venture further into Phoenix, I ride Papago and Desert Classic a lot. Both are beginner friendly, just bring plenty of water. I'd definately like to get up north sometime soon though.

Hit me up with a PM if you want to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    if you will not ride over 90, then we will no see you in the valley till oct......
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

Elitest thrill junkie
    i do a lot of rides here in Prescott. We meet at 530pm on Thursdays for some XC stuff, but I usually do a lot more rides than that, in addition I like to mix it up and do some DHing and everything in between. You can ride in Prescott relatively easily year-round. We had building clouds today, a few raindrops (might get some more) and generally very nice conditions for riding today. There's literally hundreds of miles of trails around here. One problem though is your commute. I don't tend to plan rides out very far in advance, partially because I don't exactly know what I'll be doing very far in advance due to my job. We do have some bigger rides sometimes. It may be hard for you to plan to ride with other people if they aren't making longer term plans in the first place. There is so much around here to ride though and many people just tap a small amount of it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    if you will not ride over 90, then we will no see you in the valley till oct......
    I can ride in the morning. Hopefully it will be cooling down enough that I can ride till 10 or 11am soon. I will be working an odd shift. I will be getting out at 8:30 in the morning. M-F and have class right after till noon in Prescott M-Thurs. I am planning on Fridays in Sedona, Saturdays and or Sundays around Phoenix, but mornings for sure. I will try to fit a ride or two in in Prescott Mon-Thur. after my class, around noon or so. I know the scheduling thing will be difficult. If something works out, it works out.

I also wouldn't be opposed to sat or sun trip somewhere, we could ride together, split costs, you might be doing the driving though. We will see how my 120-180 miles a day goes. Oh an my class only lasts 8 weeks.

Even though I am somewhat of a beginner, I am not afraid to try something a little challenging. I can deal with the shame of carrying my bike over a few obstacles. I need to start moving up on trails sometime.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    If you live in New River there is a nice trail off of New River Road that is part of the Black Canyon Trail. Only takes about an hour or so to ride. I live in Anthem and am usually out there 3 times or so a week in the early morning (between 530 and 630). Not too hot at that time. Let me know if you want to go ride it sometime.

Members who have read this thread: 0