Thread: New and in AZ

mtbr member

... and if we just ... New and in AZ

whats up guys.

I'm new to MTB, i'm going to be buying my first mtb here in a few days "kona shred". I live in Lake Havasu, but i see that alot of guys head up to flagg to ride..... Is there anywhere near me that is descent to ride at ? And if I make the trip to flag what and where are some good trails for me to hit up...

A little about be. I'm 5'11 im a firefighter, i used to wakeskate profesionally, i grew up racing MX in sothern california, and i have a little bit of DJ experience from when i was younger....... Anyway... thanks in advance.

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Welcome to MTBR. I am up the road in Bullhead City. Have not heard of too much your way for riding, though some have chimed in about jeep trails around the area. Do a search for Lake Havasu and you may find the threads, or maybe you already know the terrain. I will let the Flagstaff riders give you information for that area.

Pivotal figure
    Well it's not exactly close or much cooler but Bootleg Canyon is pretty damn nice. Best to ride in the winter/fall...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by piratewake
    whats up guys.

I'm new to MTB, i'm going to be buying my first mtb here in a few days "kona shred". I live in Lake Havasu, but i see that alot of guys head up to flagg to ride..... Is there anywhere near me that is descent to ride at ? And if I make the trip to flag what and where are some good trails for me to hit up...

A little about be. I'm 5'11 im a firefighter, i used to wakeskate profesionally, i grew up racing MX in sothern california, and i have a little bit of DJ experience from when i was younger....... Anyway... thanks in advance.
    Yes. Go to Las Vegas. Not just Las Vegas, but just north of Las Vegas. There are actually some very high mountains with riding where it will be cool and nice (highways 157 and 158). Lake Havasu to Las Vegas is just over 2hrs, so it would be a reasonable distance.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ght=lee+canyon
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0