EDR

New question here. need help with riding the rim area...

we plan on hitting the Christopher Creek up to the rim trails but i need some trail directions for the most fun/tech way to take it. 4/5 hours in no biggie. I have read the post from 2 weeks ago that talked all about it but i don' t have Pauls book in front of me and the posts were kinda confusing.

What exactly should we ride up and down? We want the most challenging route but I read some sections were unridable and that in fact, that was the wrong way to go.

Any advice? I will have the book with me tomorrow but wanted to plan ahead.

thks-

JJK
    AZ MTBR

Rim Trail

Hello,

I have ridden up there a few times last year. When you get to Christopher Creek the
    trailhead and parking area at milepost 273.8. The road to head into the trailhead is FS284
    Go to See Canyon trailhead. Take the trail to your right and go down to the creek.
    Cross the creek and the trail is straight ahead slightly to the right and forks in about 50
    yards. Go right on the Highline tr. Ride for about 2 miles and you get to a gate and trail
    fork. Go right towards the rim about 4 miles to AZ 260 trailhead, keep climbing up about
    2.5 miles to the top of the rim.

Once on top of the rim follow the path for about 1.7 miles then it pops out to the
    rim road FS 300.. Follow this about 1.8 miles and then you go left into the woods on
    road 9350 - 291 about .7 mile. Go left between 2 posts onto Drew tr. downhill towards
    Christopher Creek. You have a cool 1 mile downhill back to the Gate you came thru
    on the 1st part of your ride. Keep going straight downhill for 2 killer miles back to
    the Creek and your car. This ride should take about 3 hrs or so. About 16 miles total.

Lotsa Fun and some good technical riding. Climbing up to the rim is taxing too..
    PS if you pick up Cosmic Rays Fat Tire book this ride is on page 117, i also
    have Paul B's book, Both Excellent books...

Later,
    Johnny K

EDR
    thks were on our way now.