National - Wed - Nov 14- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

National - Wed - Nov 14

Out of towner visiting Phoenix looking for someone to do National, C2C, this Wed. I've done National twice in the past, once to Telegraph Pass and once to Buena Vista, and would really like to do the entire trail to San Juan Lookout. Question, after getting to the San Juan Lookout what is the recommended route back up to Buena Vista? It'll probably become apparent once I drop down the trail to San Juan whether or not I want to take the trail or road, but would like to know what the local riders think.

Craig from Moab

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by cstuttle
    Out of towner visiting Phoenix looking for someone to do National, C2C, this Wed. I've done National twice in the past, once to Telegraph Pass and once to Buena Vista, and would really like to do the entire trail to San Juan Lookout. Question, after getting to the San Juan Lookout what is the recommended route back up to Buena Vista? It'll probably become apparent once I drop down the trail to San Juan whether or not I want to take the trail or road, but would like to know what the local riders think.

Craig from Moab
    most would take the road back. there are options to cut off parts of it, like Blowjada or the Las Lomitas(?) trail, but those north face trails are really not ridable up. If you wanted to ride and HAB, I think Geronimo is your best bet and it drops you off at BV.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

I think I need to Upgrade
    I might be up for it, what time are you thinking about starting? Do you mind if I am slow?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    I might be up for it, what time are you thinking about starting? Do you mind if I am slow?
    At my age I'm good with slow and steady. We would have to keep moving along though cause 15 miles each way on that trail will probably take some time. I'd be up for a very early start to get the first big climb done in the coolness of the AM. Let me know if this sounds good to you, as I would greatly enjoy having someone to roll with.

Craig

mtbr member
    FYI Craig,

According to this article Pima Canyon will be closed half the day tomorrow for striping, so you might want to consider parking at the 46th street Lot (off of Baseline).

http://www.azcentral.com/community/a...rking1114.html

Edited to note the proper Lot is off of 46th not 40th, as originally posted.
    Last edited by u2metoo; 11-13-2007 at 03:50 PM.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Be sure to take plenty of water with you, two 100oz bladders if you have the room. It's supposed to be 88 tomorrow.
    Last edited by AZ Mikey; 11-13-2007 at 04:28 PM.

i like cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    FYI Craig,

According to this article Pima Canyon will be closed half the day tomorrow for striping, so you might want to consider parking at the 40th street Lot (off of Baseline).

http://www.azcentral.com/community/a...rking1114.html
    Sam... am I missing out on a different lot, or do you mean the 46th Street lot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike=good
    Sam... am I missing out on a different lot, or do you mean the 46th Street lot?
    Crickees! You're right! Dang old zero's get me everytime!

Sorry for the confusion. I'll make an edit.

I think I need to Upgrade
    PM me your phone number.

fear this
    Hey, I'm in for the ride. And Craig, you are NOT slow and steady. Maybe on the descents, but definitely not the climbs! Anyhow, if I don't hear from you tonite, I'll try to be on the mountain at 9am.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker666
    Hey, I'm in for the ride.
    Hey Shaker, glad to hear you're in for this. I'm meeting AZSpeedfreek 9:00AM at the Pima Cny Ramada/Trailhead. Due to the closure of Pima Cny I am going to get there extra early and find a place to park and ride to the Trailhead. See ya there.

Craig

Members who have read this thread: 0