N Tucson Lodging help?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

N Tucson Lodging help?

Have a few friends coming into the PHX for thanksgiving, we are gonna head south to tucson to ride the 50 yr trail, maybe the 24hr old pueblo course, looking for nice accomodations in N Tucson/Oro valley? I know the Hilton is there, but is a little pricey ($160/night) any locals have a good recommendation? THANKS!

Tucson, AZ
    I will be here on Thanksgiving day, you are welcome to stay at my place. It is not as nice as the hilton, but it is free. I live on Ina/Shannon, 14 miles away from 50-year trail.

I am going to Flight of the Pigs the next day in Phoenix.

caninus xerophilous
    if things dont work out with chadbrown, there is a budget type motel in Catalina, just off oracle road and there is also the WOW B&B that caters to cyclist.

mtbr member

wow b&b?

could not find that in a google search?
    chad- thanks, but we just need a place for friday night, and you will be at the fotp.....

mtbr member
    Try this http://www.wowarizona.com/ they are located just north of the "Chutes" on the 50 yr trail.

Tucson, AZ
    There is also a holiday inn express next to the El Conquistador on Oracle Rd.

"Yabut"
    There's a Super 8 in Catalina. Which is right between the 24HOP course, and the 50 Year.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Pivotal figure
    Way Out West would be awesome especially for a group ride. A very good way to impress the friends as well.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Way Out West…

Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke
    Have a few friends coming into the PHX for thanksgiving, we are gonna head south to tucson to ride the 50 yr trail, maybe the 24hr old pueblo course, looking for nice accomodations in N Tucson/Oro valley? I know the Hilton is there, but is a little pricey ($160/night) any locals have a good recommendation? THANKS!

…is my place and you'd be welcome here. We are located 'trailside', so you can roll from the doorstep out on to the 50 Year Trail system and it's related arteries. 24 course is just down the road.

Our place is modest in size, but pretty nice, (having undergone wholesale change since our Spring Fling visitors several years ago). We have three acres with a nature/bike trail and small jumps on the grounds. The whole place is a nature preserve, with active habitat restoration. We have several 'formal garden' areas as well as meadow and bosque restoration areas. Right now, there are over 65 species of plants in bloom. Hummingbirds and butterflies are everywhere. Our resident roadrunners make appearances throughout the day and might even follow you around, looking for a free meal. The Cooper's Hawks and Sharp-shinned Hawks are 'killing daily' and fighting over the territory. Naturalist on premises (me).

Inside, our place isn't the largest, but it is pretty nice. Guests are welcomed and encouraged to use our place and enjoy it! There is a Sony Bravia 55" widescreen in the great room/recreation area with full Dolby 5.1 surround HD hookup, over 100 dvds and a slate billiard table. In the indoor bike shop, there is an older 55" Pioneer bigscreen (big box) with satellite/XM hook-up, so you can watch/listen as you wrench. The windows of the shop offer incredible views of the mountains as well as the gardens immediately outside the door.

Come by and look for yourself, if you or friends (or any other curious individuals want to check us out…) are in the area. It is quite beautiful here, right now. Call first, (520-907-8735), we'll have a cold one for ya'…
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Lets have some Kool-aid!
    Another place you can stay is at the countyinns. I believe there is one located near the intersection of Ina & Oracle road

http://www.countryinns.com/tucsonaz

Then after you are done riding.....head over to the Thunder Canyon Brewery

http://www.thundercanyonbrewery.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0