My new ride (xpost 29)- Mtbr.com

My new ride (xpost 29)

(http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=249038)

An antidote to all the Turners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=249038)

An antidote to all the Turners.
    What is it with you and Turners? I could say the same about you and a 29er.... EVERYONE is doing it! So there....

I will admit, however, that your 29er is very unique and sets you apart from every other 29er I've seen so far. Fugly comes to mind. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder!! Enjoy the new ride!

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    Hey Ionsmuse, what kind of rear skewer are you using? I have a Juice also, and had trouble with a salsa QR and switched to an XT QR which is working alright. I would like to go to something where I don't have to think about it. I am running it greared.

K, they're merely an easy target. Goes against my "aesthetic", though anyone out riding is good by me.

I have no rear skewer, its a Hope bolt-on hub. Also the solution to the dropout issue, as I can just take both bolts all the way out and pull the wheel straight down and out.

wrecking crew
    Dave,

Definitely is a work of art there...not necessarily fugly. Then again, you have never seemed to be one to fall prey for fashion. So un-color coordinate all you want. Somehow, this bike totally fits you! I can absolutely see you riding/loving that thing. Does it have a name? Chaos comes to mind...

Happy riding! ~BTW...I love my Turner and my 29er!
    Last edited by su.ling~; 11-29-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    ~~~

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    What trails do you ride a fully rigid bike in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    What trails do you ride a fully rigid bike in this area?
    All of them!

I took the bike, exactly as pictured, down Ricochet in Flag last month. I caught and stayed with two other guys, one on a hardtail, one on a Specialized fullie. Doesn't mean much, but I enjoy the precision and predictability. To say nothing of the cost! My Salsa fork rules, and cost 95 bucks. I don't rule out a sus fork in the future, I imagine age and the abuse will catch up eventually.

Doesn't have a name yet, will have to happen organically.

Suling, let me know next time ya'llr doing one of those bypass rides, its finally getting cool enough for me to come visit.

mtbr member
    nice bike,7 years of rigid caught up with me now i have to run a squish up front of the monkey.it really changed my riding style.any problems throwin the chain up front
    or is there a keeper i cant see?anyway looks good.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    ah flagstaff, it's definitely more doable up there riding rigid. I still think my hands/knuckles would get sore if i was riding rigid. monday, I rode schultz and rocky ridge on my brother's trance 1, and that was great fun (I have a hardtail). Esp in the cold. no one around whatsoever. I may have been the last guy up those trails for a while

With three speeds and the road mech, I have never thrown the chain. It helps that for most trail use, I'm in the middle cog with perfect chainline.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    With three speeds and the road mech, I have never thrown the chain. It helps that for most trail use, I'm in the middle cog with perfect chainline.

Are those Midge bars? How do you like them?

Members who have read this thread: 0