My little AZventure- Mtbr.com
    horizontally compliant

My little AZventure

Had a great Thanksgiving weekend in AZ & was able to meet some fine people & ride some stellar trails.

Wednesday: A mechanical problem set me back so I wasn't able to take the long ride that I wanted. I was able to go screw around in the desert on the edge of town for a little bit & catch a nice sunset, though.

Thursday: Met up with TitusBro & Greg for a fantastic ride in Sedona. Thanks for showing me around, guys. It was a ride to remember.

Friday: Stomach issues (and good sense, I think) kept me from riding FOTP as originally planned, so I hooked up with a less strenuous ride at the Black Canyon Trail (thanks MTBR!) It was definitely the right choice. This trail is sure to be another popular, and eventually epic, place to lose yourself on 2 wheels. Thanks to all of you locals who put this on & showed me around. And to the folks who are building this trail - great job!

Saturday: Opted to take my wife for a hike in the beautiful desert near Cave Creek, in lieu of another ride. It did not disappoint, and now my wife understands my love of the desert a little better. I also learned that doubletrack is perfect for hiking with your honey

It was great to meet all of you, and nice to have some kindred spirits to hang out with for a few days. There aren't nearly as many folks who like to "waste" their time on knobby tires in my (current) part of the world. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down again this winter...

Matt
    Last edited by Simpleton; 11-26-2006 at 09:58 PM.

wrecking crew
    Wow...Nice pics! That sunset pic is awesome! We had a great time riding with you on Friday, Matt! Come back and visit again...there are so many trails to hit and you just scratched the surface. Glad you had a great time in Arizona (despite the stomach issues).

Take Care!

su ling
    ~~~

horizontally compliant
    Thanks for the compliments (and the water)! You are a great hostess / trail guide Su Ling - hope to ride with you & the rest of the "wrecking crew" again soon.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0