Mt. Lemmon Bug Springs ride Sat the 10th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Mt. Lemmon Bug Springs ride Sat the 10th

The last couple of weekends I have introduced/reintroduced a couple riders to mountain biking and they are practically begging me to take them down bug springs and miligrosa. We are looking to do bug springs and prison camp for sure and if schedules allow miligrosa. We will be meeting at the McDonalds parking lot on Tanque Verde and Catalina Hwy to figure out shuttles. Time is still to be determined but will likely be between 7-8. This will probably be a 4-5 hour ride if we include mili. Everyone is welcome to join us if they would like.

Trail decriptions:
    Bug Springs - http://sdmb.org/Trails/Trail-BugSprings.html
    Prion Camp - http://sdmb.org/Trails/Trail-PrisonCamp.html
    Miligrosa - http://sdmb.org/Trails/Trail-Milagrosa.html

caninus xerophilous
    The Molino Super D is planned for the morning of the 10th. Hope you can join us.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    hmmm. Maybe if we bump to 7 then we can hook up on our way down.

mtbr member
    i was hoping the molino run happened yesterday but i didnt hear anything else about it. i love that ride. im most likely down for the 10th.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There was NO one at the parking lot yesterday. I'll be leading SAMBA and the Tucson MTB Meetup Saturday 4/10, 8am from LeBuzz.
    Not planning on Millie but if I do not bring the dogs (depending on the temperature) I'm up for it.
    Abe
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Whats with TMTB? I'm still getting a page saying it will be fixed on the 28th.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    How hard is this ride? I take it this is in no way a trail for beginners? Just curious because it sounds liek alot of fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Bug springs isnt too bad and the tough sections are short so you can walk them if you dont feel ready for them. Prison is rocky and fast but overall easy enough. Miligrosa can be a handful if your not ready for it. Most people wear armor on mili but a couple weeks ago one of the guys did it on his rigid hardtail. This will be a no drop ride so if you can manage it come on out. The guys I'm bringing are transitioning from motocross to mtb and one doesnt even have a bike yet. (he is borrowing one of mine)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Topic moved to TMTB.

Members who have read this thread: 0