Mt. Elden favorite loops ?- Mtbr.com
    Ahhh the pain....

Mt. Elden favorite loops ?

Hi...heading up to Flag this weekend...what loops would you recommend ? say 12-15 mi, lots of climbing is good...I usually park there at mt. elden rd (years ago)...better places to start maybe closer to town ?
    thanks for any info...
    btw, I have dales map of trails and such...just looking for suggestions !

drink coffee, ride.
    durtgurl has posted up some good ones in the past - all good trails there

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...93407#poststop

slower than you
    this will fit your bill (hope you can find a map with the 'right' names on it): buffalo park -> jumps -> rocky ridge -> middle oldham -> elden lookout rd -> red onion -> sunset -> upper brookbank -> past the dry lake -> little gnarly -> shultz -> dogfood -> shultz -> rocky ridge -> jumps -> buffalo park.

fwiw, you could start this at the Y, too... but i'm a sunnysider, so i always head in near the buffalo...

and, ya know, now that i've typed it, i think i'm gonna ride it in the AM, too! yee haw!

we'll call it at something like 12-13 miles, give it a 5 of 10 for climbing, a 9 of 10 for singletrack (there's 10 minutes on the road to get from middle oldham to red onion), and (for the moment) a 10 of 10 for "favorite elden loop" tho technically, i guess, dogfood is officially off-the-hill and more on the fort valley system...
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

Elitest thrill junkie
    Schultz, Weatherford, Lookout, Secret, Supermoto, and if you feel like it dogfood and others.

Otherwise, climb up Shultz, Little Gnarly, Brookbank, Sunset, Little Bear, back to Shultz Pass and down Shultz.

I'm not a fan of riding up Mt Elden road, although Rocky's route has a pretty minimal amount of time spent on it. For the most part there are perfectly good trails to ride up on.
    Last edited by Jayem; 05-16-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I pretty always do this loop when I go up:

Up Rocky Ridge to the road. Grind up the road to Sunset. Sunset to Little Bear, then back around to Schultz and down.

No mames guey
    This is one of my favorite routes. From the Y, up Shultz -> Dogfood -> Onceler -> La Bomba (or any other favorite name) -> Secret -> Sunset -> Little Bear -> Little Elden -> Shultz.

I can't remember the exact mileage, but it is somewhere in the 15-20 mile range.

Members who have read this thread: 0