More booby traps on National...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 70 of 70
  1. #1
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101

    More booby traps on National...

    from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.


    Someone is gonna get really phucked up soon if we don't find this person(s)...

  2. #2
    Need more cowbell
    Reputation: WhiskersOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    938
    wow....Cenobuns is strong...made that last rock look like a Styrofoam prop.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    Wow, that was a good one. Thanks for clearing it!

  4. #4
    mr. wonderful
    Reputation: dirtbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Someone is gonna get really phucked up soon if we don't find this person(s)...
    We know who the caveman is, it's a matter of how to stop him. I'll take a picture of him and post it the next time I see him. Others who know who he is should do the same.

  5. #5
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    wow....Cenobuns is strong...made that last rock look like a Styrofoam prop.
    That one was actually a balsa rock (very similar to the wood) so it wasn't too heavy...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GGTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    We know who the caveman is, it's a matter of how to stop him. I'll take a picture of him and post it the next time I see him. Others who know who he is should do the same.
    Caveman? Saw an older grizzly gentleman columbia blue safari hat, walking stick and fanny hydration pack couple days ago over by waterfall setting up something similar. We stopped got off our bikes removed about a dozen small little boulders and told him he could seriously hurt someone. He didn't say one word just stood there sipping water. We kept going about 50 yrds stopped looked back and he was at it again. We've seen him over at telegraph before wearing the same Survivor outfit. Sounds familiar?
    2011 Hardrock "Blubi Jones"

    Pivot TBD

  7. #7
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,271
    Maybe the rangers like Brian should be informed about this guy, and let them know if they don't take care of it the other users will.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  8. #8
    Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Reputation: Dag Nabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    I removed a rock of about 50lbs that was stretched across Javelina, maybe 100yds from the let. It was way to heavy to have been knocked into the trail. Also saw some of the other rocks on National last week, but didn't see anyone nearby. This is criminal intent. I'm sure the Rangers are looking out, but I'll have my camera ready to catch anything I might see.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    184
    Please post pics of this guy! I came off that same section a while ago and there was a huge rock in the landing zone. Thankfully I was hucking off that thing and just cleared the rock. Scared the **** out of me! If I was going slower I would have been toast.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,566
    So really, what's the point? Just messing with people out of sheer spite?

  11. #11
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    This is criminal intent. I'm sure the Rangers are looking out
    you dont need rangers, you need vincent d'onofrio

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GR1822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,106
    Disregard.
    Last edited by GR1822; 07-05-2012 at 07:51 AM.

  13. #13
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Mike, whats the new sealant you're testing/ cooking in the videos? how has it held up to the heat vs the WSS?
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Disregard.
    In case you didn't find the thread...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-componen...ml#post9462081

    The short story:
    An actual chemist living in Germany starting following that thread several months ago and we decided to follow some of his advice that should make the whole mix more stable and last longer without evaporating. Removed the Slime so it's a real "home brew" with no commercial additives. Took out the antifreeze and added propylene glycol (fog juice) to make it more stable. Added xantham gum as a thickener and emulsifier to keep all the chunks in suspension and not sinking to the bottom of the mix. Tried different types of chunks for sealing larger holes. Some guys are using modeler's grass for model train sets. I used rubber crumb for spray in bed liners and because a big ingredient in Slime is "fibers" I'm adding dog hair/lint. It will plug a sink well, why not a tire? Don't know how long it will last yet...

  14. #14
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,095
    Is that the "jump" right before that cactus step up on the climb up? Well on the way down you go down a chute like line make a right hand turn (which is kinda sandy) then you either go around to the right or take off that jump where the Red shirt guy was standing?

    Hmmm, from the video, which is hard to tell, it seems that majority of the rocks were under that "take off". How far down did it stretch on the landing and how high was it stacked up. Also was there any rock above in the "take off" area?

    Cause I have seen that jump/section with the rocks under there before but it wasn't too much of a bother some. With the speed you come in to it, you clear a good section of that down the landing. Maybe it was a Ranger shutting that "jump" down for safety reasons (if there was rocks on the "take off"). Or some tech climbers wanting an alternate line to climb up on and over. But I've always remebered that having quite a few rocks that you need to clear when you jump it.

    *Not trying to defend said booby trapper* Just very curious and thinking possible other reasons.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

  15. #15
    skilldest©
    Reputation: _dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Is that the "jump" right before that cactus step up on the climb up? Well on the way down you go down a chute like line make a right hand turn (which is kinda sandy) then you either go around to the right or take off that jump where the Red shirt guy was standing?
    Hmmm, from the video, which is hard to tell, it seems that majority of the rocks were under that "take off". How far down did it stretch on the landing and how high was it stacked up. Also was there any rock above in the "take off" area?

    Cause I have seen that jump/section with the rocks under there before but it wasn't too much of a bother some. With the speed you come in to it, you clear a good section of that down the landing. Maybe it was a Ranger shutting that "jump" down for safety reasons (if there was rocks on the "take off"). Or some tech climbers wanting an alternate line to climb up on and over. But I've always remebered that having quite a few rocks that you need to clear when you jump it.

    *Not trying to defend said booby trapper* Just very curious and thinking possible other reasons.
    Yes that is where you are talking about. Coming down taking the left line. it may have been able to be cleared but those rocks were placed to obviously catch a tire...not cool. If coming down to roll over move slowly it would have been a mess. I was the guy in red "supervising" the "worker".

  16. #16
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Hmmm, from the video, which is hard to tell, it seems that majority of the rocks were under that "take off". How far down did it stretch on the landing and how high was it stacked up. Also was there any rock above in the "take off" area?

    Cause I have seen that jump/section with the rocks under there before but it wasn't too much of a bother some. With the speed you come in to it, you clear a good section of that down the landing. Maybe it was a Ranger shutting that "jump" down for safety reasons (if there was rocks on the "take off"). Or some tech climbers wanting an alternate line to climb up on and over. But I've always remebered that having quite a few rocks that you need to clear when you jump it.

    *Not trying to defend said booby trapper* Just very curious and thinking possible other reasons.
    I don't claim to be good or quick but I come through there with a decent amount of speed and there's no way I would have cleared the rocks if they were there. I was paying attention when I took it remember where the rocks were placed.. I would say they were at least 3' to 4' out from the edge of the jump. They were definitely placed there to catch a wheel and definitely not placed there to make another technical climb section.

    I thought about who would have done this and wondered if it were Rangers and Cenobuns correctly pointed out that the Rangers would never try to close a feature like this. They would've made a feeble attempt at blocking it from the top not making it dangerous on the landing.

  17. #17
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by _dragon View Post
    Yes that is where you are talking about. Coming down taking the left line. it may have been able to be cleared but those rocks were placed to obviously catch a tire...not cool. If coming down to roll over move slowly it would have been a mess. I was the guy in red "supervising" the "worker".
    Ah, ok thanks for clarification. And agreed on the unsuspected slower etry speed in to it.

    Oh can you make sure to tighten up you supervision of your worker so that he does not look in to the camera and just concentrate moving those rocks! We don't need to see the helps face. Thanks!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

  18. #18
    skilldest©
    Reputation: _dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    439
    Yea it was looked over and it was *possible* to get over but it would have been dicey. Basically if the rocks are back after yesterday then that will be obvious...

  19. #19
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Oh can you make sure to tighten up you supervision of your worker so that he does not look in to the camera and just concentrate moving those rocks! We don't need to see the helps face. Thanks!
    Dude, I had to look at him for nearly 5 hours Thankfully the first hour or so was in the dark.

  20. #20
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    ...booby trapper...
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  21. #21
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    hahaha

    I'm more of a booty trapper, with a medium intrest in booby trapping.....
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

  22. #22
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,302
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    hahaha

    I'm more of a booty trapper, with a medium intrest in booby trapping.....
    What kinda bait you using these days?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  23. #23
    2006 Yeti AS-X
    Reputation: Lawson Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,217
    Is the alleged boobier a hiker? Is the trail being boobied designated a bike only or multiuse trail? Just trying to figure out a motive - wonder if boobier almost got boobied by a biker? Not making excuses for the boobier just trying to figure out the how folks get to being a booby.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

  24. #24
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,251
    if this guy is well known, why is he still walking around? I would not mess with him physically cause you never know who may be carrying, but seriously...has anyone who can attest to his activities contacted the Rangers or followed him to his car for a license?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  25. #25
    Old and Slow
    Reputation: DaveOfPrescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    121
    Take some video of him building booby traps, then a photo of him at his car and then tell him that if anyone is hurt on the trails because of his traps, you will sue him and press charges. See if that might dissuade him a little. We have someone doing the same thing with big logs in the woods up here.....
    Getting out there one day at a time.

  26. #26
    Vincit qui patitur
    Reputation: owtdorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    745
    Get pics and post them. GF hikes out there all the time and I ride the area since we live so close.
    I'll tell her to keep a look out.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2016 KONA Operator
    2017 Salsa Powderkeg
    2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29 C R

  27. #27
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,445
    He was out again today, and I think he was up to no good. Once he saw me, he turned and ran, rather sprinted, up hill, grabbed his stuff, and took off. The section was near the saddle on National, and it would have been a hell of a spot to lay out some rocks as it is blind coming into it. I don't carry my phone with me so I was unable to take a photo.

    As he gathered his stuff, I stopped to let him know I was there and that I was looking for damage. I looked around to see if anything was out of place and took off. I followed him until the final little climb to the saddle. He wanted me to pass him, but I just hung back and watched him. I wanted him to know I was watching him, and hope my actions came across that way.

    I think he is very careful to pick his spots and time. He really must hate bikers, seems like every time he sees bikers, he clenches his fists.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DV814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    He was out again today, and I think he was up to no good. Once he saw me, he turned and ran, rather sprinted, up hill, grabbed his stuff, and took off. The section was near the saddle on National, and it would have been a hell of a spot to lay out some rocks as it is blind coming into it. I don't carry my phone with me so I was unable to take a photo.

    As he gathered his stuff, I stopped to let him know I was there and that I was looking for damage. I looked around to see if anything was out of place and took off. I followed him until the final little climb to the saddle. He wanted me to pass him, but I just hung back and watched him. I wanted him to know I was watching him, and hope my actions came across that way.

    I think he is very careful to pick his spots and time. He really must hate bikers, seems like every time he sees bikers, he clenches his fists.
    Yep, I seen Tone Loc coming down Natty today too. That guy is such a bag of dicks.

  29. #29
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,271
    What does he look like? Inquiring minds want to know!
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    What does he look like? Inquiring minds want to know!
    He resembles this guy, but a lot uglier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More booby traps on National...-hcrad.jpg  


  31. #31
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    What does he look like? Inquiring minds want to know!
    He is pretty easy to pick out, he is a large Samoan, typically wears a black tank top, Addidas pants, and a hat. He usually has his headphones on and plenty loud. Plenty of tats. He looks very upset all the time.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  32. #32
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    I'm surprised nobody has gotten a picture of him yet. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of people riding have some sort of camera on them when ride (phone??). Even if you are intimidated by this jagoff just snap a photo and ride away. Better yet follow him to his car too and get a license plate number. Phoenix parks should probably know who this person is.

    I'll keep my eyes open for a large samoan but that just means I have a good chance of running across Doodooboi and punching him in the face.
    JRA

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has gotten a picture of him yet. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of people riding have some sort of camera on them when ride (phone??). Even if you are intimidated by this jagoff just snap a photo and ride away. Better yet follow him to his car too and get a license plate number. Phoenix parks should probably know who this person is.

    I'll keep my eyes open for a large samoan but that just means I have a good chance of running across Doodooboi and punching him in the face.
    I got a shot of him today, after tisser pointed him out when I ran into him today, but didn't get one of his face. I'm not going to post it here because I'd hate for someone to get all vigilante like a go after the guy. Just looking at the guy I get the feel that he would want to fight and I think it would end bad for everyone if it came to that (my gut tells me that he would throw some heavy hits so I will avoid confronting the guy. I have a connection to one of the rangers and will get her the photo.
    Getting a licence plate to the park service seems like the best call.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    I got a shot of him today, after tisser pointed him out when I ran into him today, but didn't get one of his face. I'm not going to post it here because I'd hate for someone to get all vigilante like a go after the guy. Just looking at the guy I get the feel that he would want to fight and I think it would end bad for everyone if it came to that (my gut tells me that he would throw some heavy hits so I will avoid confronting the guy. I have a connection to one of the rangers and will get her the photo.
    Getting a licence plate to the park service seems like the best call.
    I also think that it's worthy it to note that this seems to be occurring on National between the fire road and BV saddle just like all the other drama. This kind of conflict seem to be about too many people sharing a small stretch of trail. I'll still ride it lots, but will avoid contested spots since there is little probability that the rangers and the people will be able to police the area, or themselves, due to the mass of people there.
    I'd love to see this ahole get busted for this stuff, and will send the photo to the ranger, but I'm not sure any real evidence will ever be available to actually get him in trouble.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: endo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35
    Same sort of thing is going on in the McD Sonoran Preserve on Sunrise. Nothing to that degree. Worst part is the person moving rocks is taking out rocks that are holding the form of the trail.

  36. #36
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,502
    okay thats it this thread is lacking evidence and a pic of some old skinny guy hacking brush just doesn't cut it.... so here is what is needed lol goes with the titel

    dang can't find that moots pic all I could find was a dude with a birdcage doing the same pose lol ...
    Last edited by clockwork; 07-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  37. #37
    I am the Tin Man!
    Reputation: grizzlyplumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    He resembles this guy, but a lot uglier.
    Why do you have to go picking on Darch? What did he ever do to you?
    Flyin the TallBoy and the Lynskey...Clyde style.


    SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

  38. #38
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyplumber View Post
    Why do you have to go picking on Darch? What did he ever do to you?
    gp:

    Darch is one of my BEST mountain biking buddies. I just love that picture of him in his element. Too bad he isn't in AZ for the summer, he could talk some sense into that crazy guy trying to hurt you guys.

    Also unfortunately ranger Mike O'Neil isn't working on South Mountain, if so that guy would be toast by now.

    TD

  39. #39
    Dianetics Junior
    Reputation: CBizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    He is pretty easy to pick out, he is a large Samoan, typically wears a black tank top, Addidas pants, and a hat. He usually has his headphones on and plenty loud. Plenty of tats. He looks very upset all the time.
    Uncool guy....

    Great band....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  40. #40
    Dianetics Junior
    Reputation: CBizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    171
    Seriously though, this guy has got to be stopped - who knows, someone may have already been hurt out there - we just don't know about it...seems like he knows people are on to him - yet he continues....scary.....

    Thanks for the post Big O..... like everyone else I will keep a lookout...

  41. #41
    I am the Tin Man!
    Reputation: grizzlyplumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    gp:

    Darch is one of my BEST mountain biking buddies. I just love that picture of him in his element. Too bad he isn't in AZ for the summer, he could talk some sense into that crazy guy trying to hurt you guys.

    Also unfortunately ranger Mike O'Neil isn't working on South Mountain, if so that guy would be toast by now.

    TD
    I know that, he had only good things to say about you and your rides together. And if Darch says you are good peoples that is good enough for me, I love that guy.
    Flyin the TallBoy and the Lynskey...Clyde style.


    SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

  42. #42
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Perhaps somebody could inform "angry Samoan" that the truly hardcore MTBers ride Desert Classic. He'll leave National, and build some interesting obstacles into DC. Win, win.
    Low and slack.

  43. #43
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,587
    if you were a ranger for 40k/yr,, would you put dealing-with-crazy-vengeful-possibly-carrying trail saboteurs at the top of your to-do list? i'd say get one or two pieces of photo/video proof, then file a police complaint, as they HAVE to follow through, and are much better trained to handle things should any confrontation take a sudden turn for the worse.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    I also think that it's worthy it to note that this seems to be occurring on National between the fire road and BV saddle just like all the other drama. This kind of conflict seem to be about too many people sharing a small stretch of trail. I'll still ride it lots, but will avoid contested spots since there is little probability that the rangers and the people will be able to police the area, or themselves, due to the mass of people there.
    I'd love to see this ahole get busted for this stuff, and will send the photo to the ranger, but I'm not sure any real evidence will ever be available to actually get him in trouble.
    I say, post the pic. The longer you hold on to it, the more time this guy has to seriously hurt someone. I think we all know what we can and cannot do here. If we want to catch him in the act with a photo, it's important for people to know what he looks like. This could bring criminal charges.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DV814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Next time I see Tone Loc I'll snap his picture and post it up..

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Or maybe post up which day of the week or approximate time you've seen him?

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DV814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinaz View Post
    Or maybe post up which day of the week or approximate time you've seen him?
    Both Saturdays I've ridden in the last month he's been there in the am.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    640
    Post the pic. Everyone seems pretty level headed at this point and knows the best way to handle it is catch this guy on video red-handed and let rangers deal with it from there. You're not inciting confrontation, you're giving all who ride Natty a little more information to keep themselves safe.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10
    that's some messed up stuff. guaranteed to be an angry hiker.

  50. #50
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    okay thats it this thread is lacking evidence and a pic of some old skinny guy hacking brush just doesn't cut it.... so here is what is needed lol goes with the titel

    dang can't find that moots pic all I could find was a dude with a birdcage doing the same pose lol ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  51. #51
    Eroding into the trail
    Reputation: DustyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    897


    Thanks for posting up that excellent example of a proper seat-post clamp!
    All bikes should be equipped with similar models!
    + shock absorbing qualities!

    Re: trail vandalism
    WTF is this crazy dudes problem anyway?

  52. #52
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    That's the booby trap I was looking for!

  53. #53
    lurker extraordinaire
    Reputation: AZDesertRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post

    from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.


    Someone is gonna get really phucked up soon if we don't find this person(s)...
    That spot is one of his favorite spots to stack rocks. He's been caught in the act at least once that I know of, and rocks keep magically appearing there on the days that he's out there. I have a picture of him, but it's from behind. It's a screencap from some helmet cam footage. I'll post it up when I get back home as I'm out of town right now. Even though the picture is from behind, he's really identifiable so I'm sure some people will see it and think, "hey! I know who that guy is!"

    I've thought about whether or not I should post his picture here since I'm not trying to facilitate any violent encounters but, at the same time, this has been going on for a long time now and the guy needs to be stopped before someone gets really hurt, not after the fact. The more people that know who he is, the better chance he has of being caught, imo.

  54. #54
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Has anyone contacted the Rangers about this?

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    640

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    That spot is one of his favorite spots to stack rocks. He's been caught in the act at least once that I know of, and rocks keep magically appearing there on the days that he's out there. I have a picture of him, but it's from behind. It's a screencap from some helmet cam footage. I'll post it up when I get back home as I'm out of town right now. Even though the picture is from behind, he's really identifiable so I'm sure some people will see it and think, "hey! I know who that guy is!"

    I've thought about whether or not I should post his picture here since I'm not trying to facilitate any violent encounters but, at the same time, this has been going on for a long time now and the guy needs to be stopped before someone gets really hurt, not after the fact. The more people that know who he is, the better chance he has of being caught, imo.
    +1

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DV814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Someone turned all the rocks in the middle of the triangle sideways today. I came down Natty and tried my usual line and ended up OTB. Not too pumped about that.

  57. #57
    lurker extraordinaire
    Reputation: AZDesertRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Has anyone contacted the Rangers about this?
    Yes. I've sent them the picture that I have and have spoken to a couple of them. They seem genuinely interested in catching the guy, but so far it hasn't happened as far as I know.

  58. #58
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    Yes. I've sent them the picture that I have and have spoken to a couple of them. They seem genuinely interested in catching the guy, but so far it hasn't happened as far as I know.
    They don't have time to look into this and likely won't until someone gets hurt. Not saying this as a knock on them. Just a fact (as I see it). They're already understaffed. They don't have time to patrol the trails for one individual that they only have heresay evidence against.

  59. #59
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    They don't have time to look into this and likely won't until someone gets hurt. Not saying this as a knock on them. Just a fact (as I see it). They're already understaffed. They don't have time to patrol the trails for one individual that they only have heresay evidence against.
    Has anyone done a composite sketch of what the dirtbag looks like, so people who are out on the trail regularly can refer to? Seems like a smart phone ALERT could be set up when this guy is spotted with his location so that other riders at or coming to the park could get some pictures.

  60. #60
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    While they may not have time to catch him, multiple reports regarding his behavior by eye-witnesses (and pics, etc.) will go a long way if/when prosecution of said offender occurs.

    Nothing wrong with making reports to the rangers when you witness said activities occuring.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    That spot is one of his favorite spots to stack rocks. He's been caught in the act at least once that I know of, and rocks keep magically appearing there on the days that he's out there. I have a picture of him, but it's from behind. It's a screencap from some helmet cam footage. I'll post it up when I get back home as I'm out of town right now. Even though the picture is from behind, he's really identifiable so I'm sure some people will see it and think, "hey! I know who that guy is!"

    I've thought about whether or not I should post his picture here since I'm not trying to facilitate any violent encounters but, at the same time, this has been going on for a long time now and the guy needs to be stopped before someone gets really hurt, not after the fact. The more people that know who he is, the better chance he has of being caught, imo.
    Send the damn pictures to me, and I'll post them under my name...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    They don't have time to look into this and likely won't until someone gets hurt. Not saying this as a knock on them. Just a fact (as I see it). They're already understaffed. They don't have time to patrol the trails for one individual that they only have heresay evidence against.
    Some guy just posted that he went OTB because of it. Report that as an injury if it's needed to justify catching him.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DV814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong0 View Post
    Some guy just posted that he went OTB because of it. Report that as an injury if it's needed to justify catching him.
    That was me. Yesterday morning in the middle of the Triangle.

    If I see Ton Loc on Saturday I am definitely snapping a few pics and I won't be a pansy ass about posting them here..

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,566
    A lot of us are also from Arfcom.

    "Front Towards Enemy" with overlapping fields of fire?

  65. #65
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Send the damn pictures to me, and I'll post them under my name...
    I'll make posters and put 'em at the trailhead and stake them along National...

  66. #66
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Has anyone done a composite sketch of what the dirtbag looks like, so people who are out on the trail regularly can refer to? Seems like a smart phone ALERT could be set up when this guy is spotted with his location so that other riders at or coming to the park could get some pictures.

  67. #67
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9 View Post
    How tall is he?

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9 View Post
    So this is the huge tattooed Samoan guy?

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GR1822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,106
    No, but this is....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More booby traps on National...-umaga.jpg  


  70. #70
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    No, but this is....
    I'd just let him stack rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.