Monsoon Storm Between Cordes and Bumble Bee ~ 730PM- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Monsoon Storm Between Cordes and Bumble Bee ~ 730PM

Anyone on the I17 between Cordes and Bumble Bee around 8PM tonight ??

Holy frijoles... never in my life seen rain that hard... I could barely coast into the rest stop on the mesa...

and what was even wackier... there was a brush fire in the Bradshaws about 10 miles NW of the rest stop... I am sure that fire got doused .. but it was cool to see the flames while driving through a torrential rain..

and the lightning... wow... impressive , very impressive..

I was driving back from riding near Mayer..

oh and the temperature at my house leaving was 108 and 65 coming back through the storm...

mtbr member
    That storm hit Anthem about 11pm last nice. Rain was pretty hard. I was going to ride BCT from Emery this morning, but given that rain I will hit Sonoran North instead. I think Sonoran has more hardpack.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Just to be clear , the storm I mention in the first post was 2 nights ago... I think the storm 2 nights ago needed some orographic help so when it moved north up that mesa (to the rest stop) , it just exploded...

The storm last night hit my house too.. I just wish we didn't have so much hard winds with the storm... But we did get over an inch of rain.. that is a lot... plus, the temperatures this morning were very nice...

mtbr member
    Well something hit us hard last night. (Sat Night). Took off some branches of the tree in my front yard and even took out a street light on Daisy Mtn drive. Lots of branches knocked down along Carefree hwy too. Sonoran however was perfect. Nice hardpack.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    whats more bizarre. the skies were clear crystal blue all day yesterday... and then we get a good strong storm... And all those days with storms brewing and looking like we would get a storm... and nothing...

It's no different than any other monsoon season... how unpredictable the behavior is.. but I don't think I'll ever get it.. or understand it...

mtbr member
    I was driving north on I-17 Friday evening around 6:30-7 PM. I was watching that cell close in on the fire as we were just passing it. I, as well, have never seen a cell that heavy. It wasn't raining on us but the downpour coming out of that cell was IMPRESSIVE!!. The downdraft was unbelievable, you could see the rain coming down and as it approached the ground the downdraft winds were blowing it outward. The rain was so thick you could see nothing through or behind. It hit the fire as we got out of range to watch, I'm sure it put the fire out.

One of natures better shows.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I missed it all! Nothing ever happens in CenPho. Nothing. I think we've got rain once so far. My car still looks like crap though.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    My car still looks like crap though.
    That has nothing to do with the lack of rain.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    That has nothing to do with the lack of rain.
    Maybe from all the times I ran the roof rack into something, or because the dogs own the back seat? I will NEVER own a roof rack again. I'll stick with the dogs though. But yeah, it's covered in mud sputum from all the east valley action.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Not seeing rain can be kind of depressing... it's natural for humans to value the sight of rain... Last week I had 2 rides stopped from rain/lightning.. One on Wed. and one on Friday... The friday storm being the incredible one... And then this past Saturday night that somewhat scary microburst producing storm came through my hood in North Phoenix...

it's good for the soul to witness the rain.. and I had 3 good ones last week..