mtbr member

Monday night entertainment at Rage

So I cruise over to the pump track behind Rage last night to work on improving my skills like I have been the last few Monday nights and it was packed. A lot of really good, smooth riders out there as always including two girls. One of the girls was kind of quiet and just took her turn on the track when it came up and did her thing. She rides really well and it was cool to see a female holding her own with all the dudes out there. The other chick, well, I didn't ever see her ride but she was out there standing with her bike between her legs with her helmet buckled over her baseball cap. Man, this girl could talk and talk LOUD. And the way she talked, she must have been the best rider out there. In fact, from the way it sounded she was good enough to give Melissa Buhl a run for her money. I tried to stick around long enough to see this girl shred but I don't think the track was ever empty long enough for her to be able to make a run.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

Kathleen in AZ
    Nice of you to bring a loud and proud female rider to our attention. Can't say I've ever seen a guy act like that... Nope, none of you guys are like that, at all

parenting for gnarness
    @DG - lol!

@ mtbkracr - were you out there on a recent Monday on a pink Fetish?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkracr
    So I cruise over to the pump track behind Rage last night to work on improving my skills like I have been the last few Monday nights and it was packed. A lot of really good, smooth riders out there as always including two girls. One of the girls was kind of quiet and just took her turn on the track when it came up and did her thing. She rides really well and it was cool to see a female holding her own with all the dudes out there. The other chick, well, I didn't ever see her ride but she was out there standing with her bike between her legs with her helmet buckled over her baseball cap. Man, this girl could talk and talk LOUD. And the way she talked, she must have been the best rider out there. In fact, from the way it sounded she was good enough to give Melissa Buhl a run for her money. I tried to stick around long enough to see this girl shred but I don't think the track was ever empty long enough for her to be able to make a run.
    Dooosh...

mtbr member

Point ?

SOOOOOOO What is your point ? I was up there also and know both those girls .
    Realy dont see your point in pointing out somebody was LOUD.
    Play nice or your keyboard well be taken away.
    JRA

bland
    I hate being intimidated by girls that can ride better than me too.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I would like to know Pootie Tang's take on the situation
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Nice of you to bring a loud and proud female rider to our attention. Can't say I've ever seen a guy act like that... Nope, none of you guys are like that, at all
    Nice!
    So, where is this track? I am not really a new rider but I am just getting back into it after nearly 2 years of not ridiing from an injury. I am trying to get back in shape as well as working on getting my skills back. Sounds like a cool place to practice and pick-up on other peoples techniques. Would anyone mind filling me in? I am a girl as well but I will try not to show off or raise my voice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzKennedy
    Nice!
    So, where is this track? I am not really a new rider but I am just getting back into it after nearly 2 years of not ridiing from an injury. I am trying to get back in shape as well as working on getting my skills back. Sounds like a cool place to practice and pick-up on other peoples techniques. Would anyone mind filling me in? I am a girl as well but I will try not to show off or raise my voice.
    At Rage Cycles on Scottsdale Rd just a little south of Thomas. It's on the West side of Scottsdale Rd, third building from the intersection- McDonalds, Dirty Drummer (bar), RAGE.

mtbr member
    DG, Your absolutely right, the ratio of guys to girls who spend a little too much time patting themselves on the back is probably 5:1.

Cholla, I've been out there the last three weeks on a rigid blue Fetish 26" BMX bike with a number plate on it.

Skidhucker, I'm not trying to be but you might be right, I have a tough time telling when I myself am being a *****.

A.P.B., I guess the point I am trying to make is that (and this is just my opinion) while there is nothing wrong with tooting your own horn a bit and being proud of your abilities and accomplishments. If all you do is brag about your incredible skills and invalidate other riders abilities in the process, you may not always earn the respect of the people around you. Last night wasn't the first time I have shared space with this girl and I just found it interesting (and entertaining) that she goes so far out of her way to talk about how good she is. I'll be honest, I don't know how good she really is, we were actually supposed to ride in Sedona together back in November but she couldn't make it because she didn't know where the trail was or one of our mutual friends she was with was too chicken to ride the trail we were doing that day or something. Who knows,I don't have anything personal against her and props to her if she is as awesome as she says she is. I have a lot of respect and admiration for those that have incredible bike handling skills and nerves of steel. I know I have a LONG way to go before I am even close to handling a bike as well as most of the regulars at the Rage pump track. I guess I tend to follow the Tinker Juarez philosophy over the Mark Cavandish philosophy.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

mtbr member
    A.P.B., I guess the point I am trying to make is that (and this is just my opinion) while there is nothing wrong with tooting your own horn a bit and being proud of your abilities and accomplishments. If all you do is brag about your incredible skills and invalidate other riders abilities in the process, you may not always earn the respect of the people around you.
    Hence my new signature. I think you said it a bit more articulately.

That said, I dig chicks who talk a big game.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

parenting for gnarness

Cholla, I've been out there the last three weeks on a rigid blue Fetish 26" BMX bike with a number plate on it.

pink, blue...i was seeing stars that night. you may remember me as the guy who clipped a pedal on the wall and used his nuts to stop himself on his top tube. Nice running into you, see you out there.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    pink, blue...i was seeing stars that night. you may remember me as the guy who clipped a pedal on the wall and used his nuts to stop himself on his top tube. Nice running into you, see you out there.

That may explain why your one testicle is so much larger than the other 2.

How much further ???

A.P.B., I guess the point I am trying to make is that (and this is just my opinion) while there is nothing wrong with tooting your own horn a bit and being proud of your abilities and accomplishments. If all you do is brag about your incredible skills and invalidate other riders abilities in the process, you may not always earn the respect of the people around you.
    Well said and could be applied to someone else, in particular, who had several posts not too long ago.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonebone2000
    At Rage Cycles on Scottsdale Rd just a little south of Thomas. It's on the West side of Scottsdale Rd, third building from the intersection- McDonalds, Dirty Drummer (bar), RAGE.
    Thanks for the info. I might just go check it out.

mtbr member
    Why call her out on a public forum why not ask her to tone it down when you are there? I still dont see the point Of you posting something we all deal with at some time or another with another human being, mostly when you could just talk to her Or not listen .
    Anyway hope to see you guys up there next Monday I finally fixed my bike so I can ride again.
    JRA

mtbr member
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality.

-Arnold Bennett

mtbr member
    A.P.B., It was not my intention to call her out in front of the entire public. I should have put a bit more thought into my original post to reflect that and I meant no harm to your friend. I just found it interesting that of the only two girls out there, they each represented opposite ends of a spectrum. See ya next Monday.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

AKA shitbird
    Good time out there indeed, well breaking my helmet kinda sucked (head still hurt a little this morning) but a good time regardless

Oh and mtbkracr, I'm not sure how you could hear anyone over A.P.B's loud drunken voice
    JRA

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    That may explain why your one testicle is so much larger than the other 2.

Or maybe is more like it!

Tres cajones! Wait, isn't that a band?
    lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    A.P.B., It was not my intention to call her out in front of the entire public. I should have put a bit more thought into my original post to reflect that and I meant no harm to your friend. I just found it interesting that of the only two girls out there, they each represented opposite ends of a spectrum. See ya next Monday.
    It's one thing to make that statement to one of your buddies if that's how you felt.

For you to post it on a public forum ... very lame!

mtbr member
    This thread has me thinking...
    To all you lady mtb'ers out there. Have you ever been in a situation when a bunch of guy mtb'ers starting talking loudly and boasting about their biking abilities? I'm just wondering if this phenomen only occurs with ladies.
    Personally, I can remember an instance when a lady rider refered to a mountain bike gathering as a "sausage-fest." I'm not sure what that meant. Perhaps it has some connection to this discussion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    This thread has me thinking...
    To all you lady mtb'ers out there. Have you ever been in a situation when a bunch of guy mtb'ers starting talking loudly and boasting about their biking abilities? I'm just wondering if this phenomen only occurs with ladies.
    Personally, I can remember an instance when a lady rider refered to a mountain bike gathering as a "sausage-fest." I'm not sure what that meant. Perhaps it has some connection to this discussion.
    I think I speak for all of us Peeing Standing Up crowd that I hate being treated like a piece of meat...unless we're talking Bacon.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

"No Clue Crew"
    I remember this gurl up at Sunrise last year who was like that. Smackin' all us guys around and trying to get us to follow her down Nemesis.
    Girls on bikes are dumb.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    I remember this gurl up at Sunrise last year who was like that. Smackin' all us guys around and trying to get us to follow her down Nemesis.
    Girls on bikes are dumb.
    Silly boys... Nemesis is so easy that a gurl can do it

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Silly boys... Nemesis is so easy that a gurl can do it
    Quit being so loud and bragging about your skillz! You wouldn't want to upset mtbkracr.

banned
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidhucker
    Quit being so loud and bragging about your skillz! You wouldn't want to upset mtbkracr.

That's hot!

mtbr member
    Listen to Skidhucker, you don't want to get on my bad side with wild claims of incredible riding feats. I once got so angry I said the F word out loud and slammed my fist down on the table I was sitting at.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

banned
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I would like to know Pootie Tang's take on the situation

Sepatown..gonna sign your pitty on the runny kine!

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachball
    That's hot!

Now you did it!
    You're going to have to pay a Trademark usage fee to Paris Hilton for that comment!

Now P H is going to start trolling the forums looking for Trademark infringements & causing grief for all of us!

Lets hope she doesn't post up any pics!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well, if you're going mention someone is a loud-mouth braggart, apparently it can't be one of our friends.

Therefore, I will be sending along my (very short) list of friends shortly. Since you might not know their names, I will have to give you a 30 page dossier on each of them: likes, dislikes, if they like to take long walks on the beach, etc.

It's like the guy laughing at the comedian who tells jokes about retarded kids. "Ha!" Then homeless people. "Ha....homeless people are funny...." Then the comedian goes into his halarious show-stopping chemotherapy material. The guy changes his tune: "Hey wait a minute, my mom has cancer!!!! You can't say that!" It's always cool until it hits home......

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    Well, if you're going mention someone is a loud-mouth braggart, apparently it can't be one of our friends.

Therefore, I will be sending along my (very short) list of friends shortly. Since you might not know their names, I will have to give you a 30 page dossier on each of them: likes, dislikes, if they like to take long walks on the beach, etc.

It's like the guy laughing at the comedian who tells jokes about retarded kids. "Ha!" Then homeless people. "Ha....homeless people are funny...." Then the comedian goes into his halarious show-stopping chemotherapy material. The guy changes his tune: "Hey wait a minute, my mom has cancer!!!! You can't say that!" It's always cool until it hits home......
    hey you @$$h@t!!! why did you have to drop cancer on the room? go back to the deek jokes!

DAM
    Did you see that?
    Blah, blah, blah.......... Let's go ride Bikes!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    As the loud drunk girl in question; I might've had a few beers. I might have been hanging out with my friends and having a good time. I might've of been talking and laughing over loud music with A.P.B. I might have rode a few laps and I might have decided to not ride because drunkly punching a wall & bleeding isn't my thing. I might have wanted to go home but my partner wanted to stay, so I might have had a few more beers. My sincerest apologies to those to which my drinkyness interfered with their pumping. I might have been a braggart when A.P.B questioned my abilities to ride Mingus on the upcoming Saturday. My response to A.P.B was "I'll ride Mingus. I'll be the last one down, but I'll ride it." Which I rode and I was the last one down and I didn't see you out there, mtbkracr. Didn't you get invited? Sorry, dude, I'll be sure to add you to the facebook group with mtbr posts like this you're surely "in".

As far as the Hangover thing goes - our mutual friend - Poolboy, if you will, - well, I've witnessed Poolboy walk things that I've ridden down, and I've walked things that Poolboy has ridden up, but the difference is that, he's my friend and I've said that to his face. I was assessing the skills of the group of riders (Poolboy +1 mtn biking newbie) I was with that day (in November) and decided to ride something else. I would've loved to ridden Hangover with your group, but I was just as happy as hanging out and riding something that everyone in my group could handle and we had a great time. There was laughing, drinking, and talking above a monotone then, too.

Finally if you've got a problem with me or anyone else at Rage tell us to our face & leave it off the internet. If you have to hide behind your keyboard, then why don't you stick with the leg-shavers at Tribe?
    Last edited by CactusLover; 05-15-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusLover
    As the loud drunk girl in question; I might I've had a few beers. I might have been hanging out with my friends and having a good time. I might of been talking and laughing over loud music with A.P.B. I might have rode a few laps and I might have decided to not ride because drunkly punching a wall & bleeding isn't my thing. I might have wanted to go home but my partner wanted to stay, so I might have had a few more beers. My sincerest apologies to those to which my drinkyness interfered with their pumping. I might have been a braggart when A.P.B questioned my abilities to ride Mingus on the upcoming Saturday. My response to A.P.B was "I'll ride Mingus. I'll be the last one down, but I'll ride it." Which I rode and I was the last one down and I didn't see you out there, mtbkracr. Didn't you get invited? Sorry, dude, I'll be sure to add you to the facebook group with mtbr posts like this you're surely "in".

As far as the Hangover thing goes - our mutual friend - Poolboy, if you will, - well, I've witnessed Poolboy walk things that I've ridden down, and I've walked things that Poolboy has ridden up, but the difference is that, he's my friend and I've said that to his face. I was assessing the skills of the group of riders (Poolboy +1 mtn biking newbie) I was with that day (in November) and decided to ride something else. I would've loved to ridden Hangover with your group, but I was just as happy as hanging out and riding something that everyone in my group could handle and we had a great time. There was laughing, drinking, and talking above a monotone then, too.

Finally if you've got a problem with me or anyone else at Rage tell us to our face & leave it off the internet. If you have to hide behind your keyboard, then why don't you stick with the leg-shavers at Tribe?

Nuthin' wrong with havin' a good time!
    So what if some people take offence; they could always choose to move to another spot or just not listen.
    Good for you, way to set things straight!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    am i gonna end up hearing a bunch of crap for leg-shaving when i arrive next month? it has nothing to do with biking,, im just vain...

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusLover
    As the loud drunk girl in question; I might've had a few beers. I might have been hanging out with my friends and having a good time. I might've of been talking and laughing over loud music with A.P.B. I might have rode a few laps and I might have decided to not ride because drunkly punching a wall & bleeding isn't my thing. I might have wanted to go home but my partner wanted to stay, so I might have had a few more beers. My sincerest apologies to those to which my drinkyness interfered with their pumping. I might have been a braggart when A.P.B questioned my abilities to ride Mingus on the upcoming Saturday. My response to A.P.B was "I'll ride Mingus. I'll be the last one down, but I'll ride it." Which I rode and I was the last one down and I didn't see you out there, mtbkracr. Didn't you get invited? Sorry, dude, I'll be sure to add you to the facebook group with mtbr posts like this you're surely "in".

Well played you win this round. Do not get too comfortable though, tomorrow is Monday and that means round 2. This week we're going to upgrade the track to include a cage in the middle of the track for a full on battle royale. You and mtnbkrcr are the main event. A smaller undercard event will take place early in the evening between A.P.B and a yet to be named homeless woman who happens to be a post-op tranny. Punch and pie will be served
    JRA

mtbr member
    Cactuslover,

The decision to call you out on this message board was a poor one on my part. As I stated above I should have thought a little more carefully about how I chose my words in stating what I observed last Monday. I would be happy to apologize to you in person for calling you out tomorrow night as you deserve that. Props to you for being out there riding and doing your thing. See you tomorrow night. And if eabos is right, I may not show up, you'll kick my ass, I haven't fought since second grade.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

"No Clue Crew"
    Girls on bikes are dumb. DurtGurl is a cheater cuz she has a bionic hip. I think A.P.B. is a chick but I've never actually seen her ride. Supermoto is obviously a dude. You can tell by the avatar. (Chicks can't jump like that)
    I just may go to Rage tomorrow night and tell Cactuslover this in person. I think I'll let eabos know what I think of her also.

parenting for gnarness
    the Malice and I are in!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Well played you win this round. Do not get too comfortable though, tomorrow is Monday and that means round 2. This week we're going to upgrade the track to include a cage in the middle of the track for a full on battle royale. You and mtnbkrcr are the main event. A smaller undercard event will take place early in the evening between A.P.B and a yet to be named homeless woman who happens to be a post-op tranny. Punch and pie will be served
    Dude i was so getting ready for this round but you pulled out the tranny card! You know what happen last time I had to fight your mom.
    JRA