Mogollon Rim conditions?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bazooka_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    393

    Mogollon Rim conditions?

    I've been wanting to head up to the rim to ride the Cabin Loop Trails tomorrow, but I'm not sure what the conditions are like on the roads and trails (yes, I know it's January and cold). Anyone been up there recently?
    I'm concerned mainly with the FR-300 on the western side and the trails themselves.
    We've gotten a tiny bit of moisture here in the valley, so I was curious if it has translated to snow up there.
    Any advice would be great! The ranger office is closed until tomorrow, and I figured I'd probably get an answer quicker here.
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    279
    Snowy

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bazooka_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    393
    So not rideable?
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    279
    Right

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AzSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    121
    Most areas in the mountains are still sketchy with the snow. I would be surprised if the gates were not blocking off most of the rim FS roads at this time.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azjonboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,673
    Around FR 95 and 300, there are about 15 inches of snow in some places. Mostly in the shade or north facing areas. There is a 30% chance of precip tomorrow increasing to 70% by nightfall. CAll the Blue Ridge Ranger station, they're always good about sharing info. More than likely, 95 and 300 have the gates locked for safety reasons. Ranger Station # 928-477-2255
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bazooka_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy View Post
    Around FR 95 and 300, there are about 15 inches of snow in some places. Mostly in the shade or north facing areas. There is a 30% chance of precip tomorrow increasing to 70% by nightfall. CAll the Blue Ridge Ranger station, they're always good about sharing info. More than likely, 95 and 300 have the gates locked for safety reasons. Ranger Station # 928-477-2255
    Thanks a lot! I perused all the sites I know of to check the weather up there, and I always call the Blue Ridge Station before I go, but they're not open on weekends.
    Looks like I'll still have to wait a few months.
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Centurion_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    732
    yep.

Similar Threads

  1. White Rim in a Day
    By ctirpak in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
  2. North Rim - Rainbow Rim Tr Conditions
    By Grizzattack in forum Arizona
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:52 AM
  3. Tubes vs tubeless tires: What's the difference?
    By wazupdog42 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
  4. 650B rim strip...again.
    By TNC in forum 27.5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
  5. Rim vs Disc
    By kenjihara in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.