"No Clue Crew"

Moab part one- The Pictures

They say that getting there is half the fun.

But going through the reservation, you encounter a lot of stray dogs and when you have a big heart, it can be a bit of a time sink.

Amy bought 6 cans of dog food and a gallon of water for these 3

We stopped so I could shoot a few pics of Amy and she was soon joined by yet another stray dog.

We had 3 days in Moab so we did 3 rides. Slickrock, Pocupine Shuttle and Sovereign.
    If I had to describe Slickrock in one word, it would be ANAEROBIC. Lots of climbing and lots of it steep. Did I mention the sand ? I'm not talking AZ wash sand. I'm talking sand. It is hard to ride through. Let me put it this way- I was 1.56 miles into the ride when we came upon a drop into a wash. I got some speed, dropped in off the rock and stuck like glue. Right OTB !
    The t-shirt I ended up buying tells me I may not be the first to ever experience this.

Halfway through this ride, I blew out my rear shock. It was a long, bouncy, 6 miles back to the car. Luckily, the weather was great so we were in no hurry.

After getting the shock re-built the next morning, we hit the 2 pm Porcupine shuttle. This ride should be on everyones bucket list as it was THE BEST RIDE IN MOAB !
    It was too early to do the Whole Enchilada so we went-
    Hazard County>kokopelli>UPS>LPS>Porcupine Rim.

Lots of tech, fast chunk. Jumps, and drops.

We were feeling good about our skills and everything was cleaned up until we got to this.
    This is THE NOTCH

Porcupines answer to THE WATERFALL. This thing is hard to walk down and I couldn't imagine riding down it.

But then again, I felt that way about the Waterfall not too long ago. Maybe next trip ???

Halfway through this ride, I blew my rear shock again. I said to hell with it and stopped every once in awhile to add air but mainly just bombed the hell out of it for the rest of the way back down.

Trigirl was enjoying the chunk until she went OTB

It didn't slow her down though, she brushed herself off and continued the downhill bomb all the way until we made it back to the perfect hotel.

Perfect because it has a HOT TUB !

Stay tuned for Moab Part two- The Videos !
    Including Trigirls OTB and a hilarious spill by yours truly while wearing the GOPRO !

"Yabut"
    Looks like a fun trip. Moab is great. Funny you blew out your shock on Slickrock Trail. I broke my frame on Slickrock last year, and also had to walk a looooong way out.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

"No Clue Crew"
    WOW!!!! I have to get up there and ride. Great photos and thanks for sharing!..........Drew

Kathleen in AZ
    Great photos and glad you two are having so much fun, but good GOD get some real MTB shorts on that woman! Those beautiful legs won't be beautiful for long if she keeps riding these kind of trails

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    gotta wonder if buying their own trail really gave UPS more business...

"No Clue Crew"
    Aaron- I never realized how long 12 miles can be until slickrock !
    Drew- you should go there. It is a blast !
    DG- Those are actually MY SHORTS ! I just let her borrow them for the trip.
    Mike- Amy says it was named after the UPS guy who died up there. I then asked her what LPS stood for. She said it was up to me to make that story up.

oooh, shiny...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    ...Those are actually MY SHORTS ! I just let her borrow them for the trip....
    We need pics for proof!

But seriously, looks like an awesome time. Someday I'll actually make it up there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Great photos and glad you two are having so much fun, but good GOD get some real MTB shorts on that woman! Those beautiful legs won't be beautiful for long if she keeps riding these kind of trails
    Tri Girl don't need no stinkin' baggies ... but she could use a some elbow and knee protection.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl

Legs are hanging in there because sissy's like moi dont take on challenges......Theres no bustin this cherry .....However.....I can offer is an impressive video of me hike a biking the waterfall!!!!!.....

Shred...it's the new drug
    goregous shots and story!!! kept me awake another ten minutes past my bedtime!!!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    Aaron- I never realized how long 12 miles can be until slickrock !
    Drew- you should go there. It is a blast !
    DG- Those are actually MY SHORTS ! I just let her borrow them for the trip.
    Mike- Amy says it was named after the UPS guy who died up there. I then asked her what LPS stood for. She said it was up to me to make that story up.

Just wrong!!!!! ...............Drew

Members who have read this thread: 0