Moab Invasion! - Pics- Mtbr.com
    sixsixtysix

Moab Invasion! - Pics

This past weekend, AZDog, KavuRider, Jeff J. and myself headed up to Moab UT for a little mixture of epic rides, freeriding, boozing and Tundrawookie hunting.... Good times had by all, no casualties other than my rear shock and a truck load of hangover's for the drive back to PHX.

Firday we hit up Hazard County to Kokopelli to UPS to LPS to Porcupine Rim and then the 7 mile ride back to town making for a loooooong 35 mile epic on 45lb DH bikes.

Saturday was spent out seasoning Bartlett Wash and scoping out famous lines like the "Mushroom"

Sunday morning was spent at the Moab dirt jump park trying to sweat out Saturday night's ungodly alcohol binge before driving home
    Attached Images Attached Images

sixsixtysix
    More Pics...

sixsixtysix
    Un Mas...

Ridin' Dirty
    Gorgeous pics
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

MTBR Mafia
    damn brendt that looks like an awesome time. we definately gotta go somewhere december or january. ill be back for a month.
    All Mountain was so 2005

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub
    damn brendt that looks like an awesome time. we definately gotta go somewhere december or january. ill be back for a month.
    Yeah it was a good trip, I think we were all somewhat humbled by the epic ride on Friday, even though we have all done Porcupine before, starting up at over 10,000 ft this time, the altitude kicked our butts and left everyone swearing at each climb we would come too.

I'm game for another road trip, there were already murmurs of maybe trying to do a weekend up in Virgin, but the weather is going to dictate. Moab was COLD this weekend except for a few hours in the afternoon when it warmed up quite a bit, but once the sun was gone it was in the high 20's low 30's.

mtbr member
    Woohoo

tundra wookie to stuntman!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Woohoo

tundra wookie to stuntman!
    LMAO, I almost forgot about the newly named line, "Stuntman to Tundra Wookie to Pooper" I am going to capture the video footage tonight, can't wait to see how that line turned out.

Good news is that the Roco just went out overnight to Marzocchi today and will be back within 10 days, no charge

mtbr member
    Nice! Good to see Marzocchi step up.

Pics are sic...can't wait to see the video. Are the rest going on your site?

That line was so much fun...although the hike sucked.
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

sixsixtysix
    Yeah, I'll put the rest up on azfreeride tonight or tomorrow. Gonna capture the helmet cam footage and the stuff we shot at Bartlett and see what I can make out it.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Still recovering from Saturday night. Bartlett was definitely a good change after the enchilada. Pics are sweeet. I am gonna try to get my footage on cd. got rumblings of Virgin on my mind....
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    oooh...Virgin!

******ed or Branded??
    kavu, that wasn't the mushroom drop was in the pic that you and jeff was dropping off of. Those pics looked sweet.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

sixsixtysix
    I am still recovering too, I basically passed out as soon as I got home last night...

Virgin...Only 405 miles

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    kavu, that wasn't the mushroom drop was in the pic that you and jeff was dropping off of. Those pics looked sweet.

LoL, ummm yeah, yeah it was

J/King.... Just standing on top of the Mushroom drop is enough to make you poo yourself...

I got mad respect for anyone who hits that, there is 0 room for error. You fall and your basically hitting concrete covered in sandpaper from 15-20 feet, you land it and you have about 20 feet to make a graceful exit before hitting a sand pit. There were chalk lines drawn showing the proper path, looked like maybe for filming purposes, there were also a ton of marks on the rocks from chainrings bottoming out.

If you look at the picture of them standing on it, the landing is actually still out of frame

mtbr member

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    That thing is gnar. Conditions were perfect though, just couldn't find the huevos.

Man...Virgin is so close...

sixsixtysix
    That thing is gnar. Conditions were perfect though, just couldn't find the huevos.

Man...Virgin is so close...

And HUGE huevos they would have to be... That thing just screams Super Monster and Apocalypse... BENDER STYLE

Virgin is pretty close, you see what I was saying about getting there from Moab though, we would have had to have gone ALL the way around the canyon. I am down for a weekend trip up there though, even if it is in the winter when its cold. The lowest average daytime temps are in the mid 50's

mtbr member
    Yeah, no worries. I think we were all too hungover for that trip anyways.

I'm definitely down for a weekend trip up there. The Super Monster might have to make another appearance...

sixsixtysix
    Yeah, no worries. I think we were all too hungover for that trip anyways.

I'm definitely down for a weekend trip up there. The Super Monster might have to make another appearance...

If you use it.... he will come...

******ed or Branded??
    kavu,

you forgot the tire in the garage. I just noticed them today.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member

Oh yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    If you use it.... he will come...

mtbr member

more

Hey dude, can I stop by this week?

A few pics, all I got - this was our shuttle to the top of the Enchilada. The roof was sagging under all the bikes

I realized early on Sixty was a better photog

******ed or Branded??
    Hey dude, can I stop by this week?

A few pics, all I got - this was our shuttle to the top of the Enchilada. The roof was sagging under all the bikes

I realized early on Sixty was a better photog
    Yeah brah! Anytime swing by, bring some dh vids to chill with.

Did you guys rock with some bike tour?.....?$$?

mtbr member
    Sweet, I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

We caught a shuttle from one of the local shops...$20/person.

mtbr member
    Nice velvety pics. Looks like film more than digital. Great epic ride.

Did you guys notice how close Virgin is to Beaver? Yeah I went through beaver once. In fact I stayed in it all night. Was pretty warm and moist. There's a stream running through it.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

sixsixtysix
    Finally got all the pics up here:

http://azfreeride.com/?q=image/tid/54

Video still to come

Members who have read this thread: 0