Missed Connections and Missing Water Bottles- Mtbr.com
    wawe member

Missed Connections and Missing Water Bottles

Papago Park by Hole in the Rock on St. Patty's afternoon:

You were riding a big white rigid single speed, I was riding a black rigid cx, you passed me at the top of the saddle to the north of Hole in the Rock while I was contemplating the traction threshold of my skinny tires on the gravely slope descending to the west. We exchanged "biker nods" before you hurtled down the rocky trail, your water bottle ejecting forcefully from its cage halfway down the scree field. I yelled, "Hey, bottle!" after you to no avail as you continued on your way, unaware of your own tragic loss. I collected your bottle from the brush, stuffed it into my jersey pocket and gave chase but you evaded me on the other side of Galvin Parkway. Maybe you didn't want it, maybe you had plenty of water in your hydration pack, maybe the bottle is filled with energy drink and it's waiting to ferment and explode on the kitchen counter. If you see this, and feel for this bottle, please respond.

And while I'm on the topic, I lost a bottle on Feb 28th somewhere below the waterfall on National. Did an endo on the upper section, snapping the der. hanger on my rigid 1x9. Somewhere between screwing around cutting my chain to SS the bike, cursing the non-SS friendly attributes of the cassette, admiring my own blood and contemplating the odds of riding it home across Tempe once I made it down to Pima, one of my bottles went missing. It's the Over the Edge Fruita/Hurricane bottle seen below, it's a favorite of mine due to its large capacity, sentimental qualities (acquired on SSWC road trip in '09), and friendly "FU" statement.

Missed Connections and Missing Water Bottles-img_2065_2.jpg

So if anyone found it up there, it would be great to get it back, it really tied the bike together.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Best Lost and Found post ever

ETA: Not mine and I dont have yours

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHNIPE
    Best Lost and Found post ever

ETA: Not mine and I dont have yours
    Thanks. Pretty sure mine is gone for good, they're kinda hard to clip up on the lost 'n found board on the outhouse.

Members who have read this thread: 0