Merry Go Round, Take 2. POV fall.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Merry Go Round, Take 2. POV fall.

So I went for this line again today starting from just below the very top, I thought I had it and really I did but fear got the best of me and I backed off resulting in a painful fall. I'm calling the line wedding day since a young couple was on top getting married just before I dropped in and also because rolling in from the top is such a scary huge commitment. Falling to the riders right may not kill you but it would hurt really freaking bad. Serious injury and possible death consequences here, I'm kind of down on myself a little, it's not really a hard thing to ride it's just scary and I did what I knew I shouldn't, I hesitated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7c6DEFsyUk

mtbr member
    I think you made their wedding day; by surviving.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm a little beat up from the little spill but I think my ego is more damaged really. I know I can do it but it scares me, hopefully round three works out.

"No Clue Crew"
    It's all about getting over that fear that makes the tough stuff fun to do.
    Since we all know video has a way of making stuff look easy, I'll use the Wasabi gap as a reference to your fear factor when saying that if this scares you, it must be steep and intimidating !

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice work on getting back on that horse!!!!! .............Drew

The .05 percent
    ... was waiting to see this one POV.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    It's all about getting over that fear that makes the tough stuff fun to do.
    Since we all know video has a way of making stuff look easy, I'll use the Wasabi gap as a reference to your fear factor when saying that if this scares you, it must be steep and intimidating !
    It's so freaking steep! It's like the Happy Ending but 5x as long with death exposure, footage does no justice! Thanks though man, I'm going to get it.

mtbr member
    Good job, way to get after it and nice Highline! Maybe someday you could show me the spot? Hmmm pretty please .
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Good job, way to get after it and nice Highline! Maybe someday you could show me the spot? Hmmm pretty please .
    It's no secret, Merry Go Round is the big rock on Schnebly Hill Road. The line ends on the Munds Wagon Trail just below the rock above the shelf created by the Fort Apache Lime Stone. Go check it out. If you like free ride stuff though and are headed to Sedona to ride send me a pm some time, I need more folks to ride with that like this kind of stuff.

mtbr member
    I'm in sedonuts at least once a month riding HL, HO & HotH. Live in Ptown, so only an hr and a half away. Will hit ya up next time I head up.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm in sedonuts at least once a month riding HL, HO & HotH. Live in Ptown, so only an hr and a half away. Will hit ya up next time I head up.
    Cool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I ride those rides.........a little. I mostly just look for natural free ride stuff though. Sedona is actually an untapped mine for that kind of stuff. It's super sick if you look around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    It's no secret, Merry Go Round is the big rock on Schnebly Hill Road. The line ends on the Munds Wagon Trail just below the rock above the shelf created by the Fort Apache Lime Stone. Go check it out. If you like free ride stuff though and are headed to Sedona to ride send me a pm some time, I need more folks to ride with that like this kind of stuff.
    Me and chainslap are into that too. Live in Flag so not too hard for us to get down there..

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    I mostly just look for natural free ride stuff though. Sedona is actually an untapped mine for that kind of stuff. It's super sick if you look around.
    I know when Grave9 reads this, he will pop wood as that sounds right up his alley !
    We will definetely have to join you for a ride soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0