Shred...it's the new drug

... and if we just ... McDowell Pumptrack Refurbish/BBQ 12/2/11

Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona Presents:
    McDowell Pumptrack Refurbish and BBQ

Bring those shovels, rakes and gloves and come and get dirty!!! Gonna be out at McPumpy at noon on Friday 12.2.11 for some much needed maintenance. Love that place but want it to be better? Now's the chance to put some love into those dirt mounds!!! After we're all done shaping...we'll do some shredding!!!

Thanks for your support

Bob
    Secretary
    GROAZ.org

Dirt Bike Craig
    Good to hear! I may have to join in the fun. It definitely needs a little improvement. Bigger tabletops? That would be great!

mtbr member
    I'll get with my sitter and see if she can take up the slack. If not- might just bring the boy out-just won't be able to stay long if I do.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

74 & 29 pilot
    Sounds like a good day to spend my Friday since I'm not shuttling. I'm planning on joining GROAZ also.

See ya there!

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Awesome MTBP!

Everyone else...thinking about adding Saturday morning for all u working types. Start around 8am? Till noon. Also got approval for solar powered lights for night riding. But we're looking fur some 16' poles to mount them. Anybody got a hookup?

mtbr member
    I'm going to try to get out to mcdowell early tomorrow to set up for D2D. If I have time I'll join in for a bit. Bob, check Davis Salvage on washington. they may have some poles that they'll sell you at scrap prices.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

mtbr member
    Scrap telephone poles? In fact, I would bet the Parks Dept (or one of them in the city if anyone has an inside line) might have a few lying in a storage yard somewhere.

Also- how is today's rain going to affect this?
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Rain will make the digging easier=what time Friday???

Rain = good for pumptrack. If its dumping not good but drizzle will make it awesome. Starting at Noonish. Bring tools, gloves and rain jacket. Ill bring hydrations...

mtbr member
    So is this happenign on Sat too? It would make life a little easier, but if not I will head up there once I get off at 3:30.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Yes Matty...especially for those who work on friday. We're equal opportunity !8am start?

Weather looks like its gonna hold...let the digging commence!

mtbr member
    Got family coming in today so it aint happening for me. Will try to be there tomorrow AM.

74 & 29 pilot
    The FUN!

MTBP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McDowell Pumptrack Refurbish/BBQ 12/2/11-pump-track-work-1-resize.jpg  

McDowell Pumptrack Refurbish/BBQ 12/2/11-pump-track-work-5-resize.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Dirt Bike Craig
    Good times! Moar maņana!

mtbr member
    Diggy diggy tomorrow? What time?

starting at 8am till ???

Great work today boys!!! that first table is now sicker...

mtbr member
    Sorry I wasn't able to get there. Had a cat show up half run over on our door this morning. Been tending to this stupidity ever since.

Dirt Bike Craig

Saturday

Great day today!
    All the tabletops are now in better shape than they were before and hopefully will remain that way thanks to the rain. I was working on them until the rain started coming down heavily around 3.
    Pivot Cycles was also out there doing demos. I rode a couple sweet bikes before putting in my work!

Snapped some pics too Bob

_MG_4793_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr

_MG_4790_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr

_MG_4781_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr

_MG_4782_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr

_MG_4778_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr

_MG_4777_WEB by FMX_DBC, on Flickr
    Last edited by FMX_DBC; 12-03-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: pics

Pivotal figure
    Great pics man! Thanks for the shots and all the hard work you did (dude was out there ALL day!)
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Downhill Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Great pics man! Thanks for the shots and all the hard work you did (dude was out there ALL day!)
    Sorry to get off track, but you got any specs on that pivot kenny? Looks like a sick setup.
    Madspeed always prevails!

Pivotal figure
    The M4X? All the specs are on the website but mine is kind of a custom build. I have a Fox 831 up front, and RP23 for rear sus. Currently running Sun ADD Pro wheels with Kenda tires (Nexcavator front, Happy Med rear). Brakes are Codes, drivetrain is Shimano XT 10 speed (32t ring, 11-36 cassette). It uses a ZeroStack taper headset and I'm running a Spank Royala stem (40mm?). Weighs 29lbs with pedals (Decoy's) and rides as sick as it looks
    Bike Detail | Pivot Cycles - Mountain Bikes for XC, Trail, Downhill

FMX...great shots and great work!!! Hopefully next build day we can get some more peeps out there. Seemed like everyone had other stuff to do. Great shots too!!! We'll use those on the website once we get that updated...

Thanks to all the guys that came out on Friday to kick off the maintenance and finishing that first tabletop!

There's lots of good stuff in the works out at McDowell. Talk of a flow trail and a bike park. We have some ladders and smaller features in the works that hopefully can be placed next time. If you'd like to see more make sure you contact the Parks department and let them know you love McPump! Also everytime you buy a ticket to get in...write on the envelope PUMPTRACK so the higher ups can keep numbers on how often it is getting used. If we become the largest user group they will cater to us!

Solid work people...promise to let you know many weeks in advance on the next build day.

Downhill Messiah
    The M4X? All the specs are on the website but mine is kind of a custom build. I have a Fox 831 up front, and RP23 for rear sus. Currently running Sun ADD Pro wheels with Kenda tires (Nexcavator front, Happy Med rear). Brakes are Codes, drivetrain is Shimano XT 10 speed (32t ring, 11-36 cassette). It uses a ZeroStack taper headset and I'm running a Spank Royala stem (40mm?). Weighs 29lbs with pedals (Decoy's) and rides as sick as it looks
    Cool, thanks man. I'm browsin for a new ride to pick up here in the next few months. As long as my back keeps gettin better. What;s with the 142x12 wheel spacing? seems kinda odd, is it pretty popular, or more of a fad?

Sorry LDB to kinda thread-jack you, dont hate me!
    Madspeed always prevails!

Quote Originally Posted by tgiles View Post
    Cool, thanks man. I'm browsin for a new ride to pick up here in the next few months. As long as my back keeps gettin better. What;s with the 142x12 wheel spacing? seems kinda odd, is it pretty popular, or more of a fad?

Sorry LDB to kinda thread-jack you, dont hate me!
    I don't hate...as long as you sign up to be a part of the GRO-AZ movement! Kenny B is on our board...you should be too! That goes for all you reading this...the more support the better! Don't have enough time to lend a hand? Donate some funds? Have more time than $$$...lend a hand. It all helps us move forward in the growth of the Gravity Movement in AZ! More bike parks, jumps, features and trails are our goals!

Dirt Bike Craig
    That bike looked awesome Ken. I have to try out that Happy Medium tire too!

Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    FMX...great shots and great work!!! Hopefully next build day we can get some more peeps out there. Seemed like everyone had other stuff to do. Great shots too!!! We'll use those on the website once we get that updated...

Thanks to all the guys that came out on Friday to kick off the maintenance and finishing that first tabletop!

There's lots of good stuff in the works out at McDowell. Talk of a flow trail and a bike park. We have some ladders and smaller features in the works that hopefully can be placed next time. If you'd like to see more make sure you contact the Parks department and let them know you love McPump! Also everytime you buy a ticket to get in...write on the envelope PUMPTRACK so the higher ups can keep numbers on how often it is getting used. If we become the largest user group they will cater to us!

Solid work people...promise to let you know many weeks in advance on the next build day.

Good to hear about the ladders & the future of the park Bob! It's very encouraging. I had a great time yesterday riding, building and hanging out. I don't think you could have asked for a better day to build jumps.

Remind me to bring my camera stuff out whenever there's something going on. I've got all the lenses and bells & whistles for getting rad.

Pivotal figure
    tgiles; The 12x142 spacing is steadily growing in popularity, even on a lot of trail bikes. I'm personally hoping we see the old skewer vanish from all but the lightweight XC race bikes and road rigs. Thru axle just makes more sense for offroad use...

sprocket
    great pictures.

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly View Post
    great pictures.
    Thank you