McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011- Mtbr.com
    Shred...it's the new drug

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011

Come one come all!!! Come and ride the newly refurbished McPumptrack!!! New improved jumpline, new improved pumptrack, wooden features.

Raffles, Giveaways, Free Samples, Movies, Music, BEER! Monster Energy, Shamrock Rockin' Refuel, Kate's Real Food Bars, Soul Cycles and MORE!!!

GRO-AZ and Maricopa County Parks invite you to a night of pumping under the lights...

They'll also be doing some night riding at the sport loops...so go ride loops, ride pumptrack, PARTAY!!!

"Lurkers R us"
    $6.00 park entry?
    For Beer and riding sounds like a great deal!
    Can't wait to see the track improvements.
    Thanks Bob!
    I"m gonna do my best to be there.
    Dan
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

$6 is what everyone pays to use park...unless you have a Maricopa parks season pass. only $75 Make sure you tell them you're there for the pumptrack... the more the merrier!!!

mtbr member
    Just read an article about the pump track and saw some photos, was that you latedropbob? Saw the little one with a gnar sticker on his lid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Like how the guy in the picture isnt wearing a helmet...

Vitamin Bike Added
    Yet somehow the dudes in beanies never get significant head injuries...

Sounds siick, going to do my best to be there even if I am too embarassed to show my inadequate pump track skills, the beer and swag sounds awesome.
    Keep the rubber side down

Ahhh the pain....
    So much for the spell check on the poster...
    responsably ?!?!? lol....

Pivotal figure
    ^^ I was wondering how long it would take for that one
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wish I could make it out there but the 10th is a busy day for me... Work has our EMR upgrade that morning and it is my old man's birthday that day too, BBQ & Beer to celebrate! Hope everyone who makes it out has a great and safe time!

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good time. Will it be kid friendly? I've got 7 and 5 year olds who may want to try a few laps.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmelin View Post
    Sounds like a good time. Will it be kid friendly? I've got 7 and 5 year olds who may want to try a few laps.
    Heck yes!!! I'm bringing my 3 year old and lots of other families are bringing theirs too...

This is the whole point of GRO-AZ...to GRO our little ones into stewards of the trails and passionate riders and give them a place to GRO

mtbr member
    Awesome... depending on flight times and resultant sleep deprivation I might pop by.

we'll have monster energy's for you!!!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    Heck yes!!! I'm bringing my 3 year old and lots of other families are bringing theirs too...

This is the whole point of GRO-AZ...to GRO our little ones into stewards of the trails and passionate riders and give them a place to GRO
    I'm bringing my kids, but planning on showing up about 5:30 so they can get some time by themselves. Bring your kids and some toys etc so they can do things not on the track. We'll have an EZ Up, dvds, snacks, chairs. they typically ride, do other stuff, ride, repeat. Everyone is usually cool around kids, but we parents need to help the little kids share the track with the bigger ones by having them take turns, especially since it will be pretty busy. We can probably all work together to have kid breaks on the track for a few minutes at a time every 30 or 60 min or so.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Hmmm, show up early eh?
    good idea, we may do the same so the little ones have a clear go at it.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmelin View Post
    Hmmm, show up early eh?
    good idea, we may do the same so the little ones have a clear go at it.
    chances are your kids will take some turns to learn what berms and bumps feel like, and track etiquette. Mine definitely did. I would strongly suggest you put pads on them, consider long sleeves\pants, be ready to lower their saddles.

mtbr member
    Damn, this looks fun, bummed I'm out of town

AKA shitbird
    For anyone who is interested in gaining an insight into what GROAZ is all about, the website is now up. Gravity Riders Organization Of Arizona

Hope to see some of you there!
    JRA

mtbr member
    Just checked out the gro website and you guys need some more pictures. I will be coming out tonight for the ride and may bring the camera and snap a few pics.

Dirt Bike Craig
    I might have to come out! I didnt get my fill in Sedona this morning and have to get up early, but Im very interested to see the pump track.

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, the website is very fresh (literally a few days old) so we don't have a ton of content yet.

Dirt Merchant
    You guys still on with the weather bearing down?
    Keep pedalin'. You can catch your breath on the downhill!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

mtbr member
    Seems like it. I just pulled in and there probably 100 people here between the pump track and night ride

Dirt Merchant
    Stay alive!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

mtbr member
    Couple of blue collar shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0311.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0310.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0312.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0317.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0321.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0325.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0338.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0346.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0329.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0347.jpg  

Last edited by tmarkos; 09-10-2011 at 11:49 PM.

mtbr member
    some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0334.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0333.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0332.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0345.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0326.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-dsc_0339.jpg  

that was one epic pump party!!! had at least 75 pumpers and families out there supporting the GRO-AZ, not including all the night riders. Tons of kiddos ripping it up and older kiddos too ripping it proper...

Had a little snafu with the rain, but hey...it was gonna rain eventually this summer, why not the night we plan a party? We didn't let a little gnarly rain ruin the fun...we just huddled under the EZUPs and had a raffle and gave away a bunch of swag!!!

We raised a bunch of money to get some hoses, a tool box and some signage for the McPump. Thanks to all that bought raffle tickets!

After all the rain, the track actually dried out a bit and the moon even came out to give us one hell of a pumping session...those little BMX kids were ripping!!!

Everyone seemed stoked and met some new friends and reacquanted with old ones. Special thanks to our sponsors of the night...
    Soul Cycles (donated swag and a Hero Pumptrack Frame)
    Pivot Cycles
    Monster Energy
    Shamrock Rockin' Fuel
    Kate's Real Food Bars
    Gnar Gnar Tours
    RideNow Powersports (Generator for lights)

Thanks to the McDowell Mountain Park for being open minded about a bunch of people wanting to have fun on their bikes.

Thanks again to the GROAZ board members and everyone that showed up and showed support for what we got going on here!!!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    that was one epic pump party!!! had at least 75 pumpers and families out there supporting the GRO-AZ, not including all the night riders. Tons of kiddos ripping it up and older kiddos too ripping it proper...

Had a little snafu with the rain, but hey...it was gonna rain eventually this summer, why not the night we plan a party? We didn't let a little gnarly rain ruin the fun...we just huddled under the EZUPs and had a raffle and gave away a bunch of swag!!!

We raised a bunch of money to get some hoses, a tool box and some signage for the McPump. Thanks to all that bought raffle tickets!

After all the rain, the track actually dried out a bit and the moon even came out to give us one hell of a pumping session...those little BMX kids were ripping!!!

Everyone seemed stoked and met some new friends and reacquanted with old ones. Special thanks to our sponsors of the night...
    Soul Cycles (donated swag and a Hero Pumptrack Frame)
    Pivot Cycles
    Monster Energy
    Shamrock Rockin' Fuel
    Kate's Real Food Bars
    Gnar Gnar Tours
    RideNow Powersports (Generator for lights)

Thanks to the McDowell Mountain Park for being open minded about a bunch of people wanting to have fun on their bikes.

Thanks again to the GROAZ board members and everyone that showed up and showed support for what we got going on here!!!
    great job Bob, Brent for the website, Collin and Eabos for building the skinny, Alan S for the generators, everyone else for pitching in. Hopefully if you were new you got on Bob's mailing list, and if you bought a membership you are stoked, and if not you will consider buying one or at least pitching in on workdays. Everyone involved has done a great job of speaking with 1 voice, and that's really given us credibility with the park and enabled us to pull together some cool things within an organizational structure that the Park is comfortable working with. We got permission to do a skinny, and now there is a 20 ft new trial right next to the track, also serve the purpose of reminding people not to ride on the berms. There had to be 20+ kids on the track at one time. The jump line rocks I cleared the tabletops for the first time - it got kinda jedi in the dark! The raffle and freebies were nice, my daughter is so psyched for her new water bottle cause she feels like she earned it riding and digging. Looking forward to the next workday.

mtbr member
    Awesome time last night! I brought my 5 6 and 8 yr olds and we all had a blast jumping pumping and socializing. My nephew even walked away with the bike frame from the raffle. Time to lay down my 'favorite uncle' charm!

My kids and I are excited to come back soon. Thanks again to all who helped out with this!
    Yeah, well, the Dude abides.

Pivotal figure
    Here are a couple more. Didn't get all that many, need to work on night settings more I guess....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-mcpump1.jpg  

McDowell Mountain PUMPTRACK PARTY under the lights September 10, 2011-mcpump2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbrown View Post
    Awesome time last night! I brought my 5 6 and 8 yr olds and we all had a blast jumping pumping and socializing. My nephew even walked away with the bike frame from the raffle. Time to lay down my 'favorite uncle' charm!

My kids and I are excited to come back soon. Thanks again to all who helped out with this!
    Congrats to him. It was cool to see a kid win it.

Dirt Merchant
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Here are a couple more. Didn't get all that many, need to work on night settings more I guess....
    Second pic is epic!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

Pivotal figure
    You have to see the shots Jason got. He has one night shot with the storm rolling in that's unreal. Perfect lightning capture in super hi-resolution.

mtbr member
    Thanks to the gang that put in the hard work over the summer. I was bummed I didn't make it on Sat but I did get my girls out there on Sunday before the sun went down and they can't wait to go back. Great that they quickly move past teh bumps, falls blood and crying.

Thanks again dirt crews
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Fly High!

Here's some shots I took at the event

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Fly High!

and here is a video of the festivities.

The Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona teamed up with local sponsors to aid in re-building the Mcdowell Mountain Park Pump Track Facility. Held 9/10/11 it started off with a nice sunset but, led to a short storm that blew threw, leading to a full moon and perfect track conditions!

"Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Eroding into the trail

Sweet lightning pic!

Pivotal figure
    Very nicely done video!

"Lurkers R us"
    Cool pics and Vid!
    I had fun out there but, had to leave with the bad weather.
    Nice work on the track!
    Thanks,
    Dan
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

williamsonboyz
    Sep 2011
    We had a great time meeting everyone! Thanks for having this and looking foward to more.

banned
    I was out there today for the first time, with the kids - great work and we had a blast! I am interested in helping with trail work & upkeep, is there a volunteer schedule for that somewhere?

Thanks to GRO-AZ and Maricopa County Parks for all the hard work that went into that place!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nice_Guy View Post
    I was out there today for the first time, with the kids - great work and we had a blast! I am interested in helping with trail work & upkeep, is there a volunteer schedule for that somewhere?

Thanks to GRO-AZ and Maricopa County Parks for all the hard work that went into that place!
    Gro-AZ website is up (quoted earlier in this thread). There is also an FB group that Bob I think is the Admin . There is a meeting next Sunday I think in Carefree. I'm just a member who is involved, not an officer, but there should be posts about workdays and activities here and on FB.

Glad you had a good time and want to participate!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Cool scene. Good work!