McDowell MBAA Race 02.07.09- Mtbr.com
    Salty Dog

McDowell MBAA Race 02.07.09

Information on Race #2 is now posted for those who are interested:

http://www.mbaa.net/index.php?option...d=20&Itemid=35

There is NO indication it is going to be run 'reverse' as it was last year. It appears all races will be counter-clockwise.

One really interesting twist on things - the tech loop from the parking lot is going to be used. This means we get to go over The Ledge and also do the climb....

Should be more fun than ever.

Anyone interested in a pre-ride pm me for my schedule.

Tommy
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

Ridin bikes is fun
    They have changed the lap count for some classes. The Cat 2 menís went from 21 miles to 19.5. Yes, doing the tech loop should make for a fun few minutes or so. That climb is really quite easy but itís very narrow and in traffic it could get backed up. I hope not, but I bet it will.

I will be heading out on Saturday as well. I will be doing the Cat 2 loops and probably the tech a couple times as well. This should be a very fast race, hopefully, if my legs will cooperate.

Salty, I'm planning on seeing you out there, I'm thinking around 9am or so. Let me know.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    any idea why they haven't posted teh start times?

Salty Dog

Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    any idea why they haven't posted teh start times?
    I don't have a clue, unless they just need to coordinate with park management or something, or maybe they are going to duplicate the start times from White Tanks.

I know they were analyzing the start times there, trying to figure out good times for spacing the different categories and such.

I don't care for being in the absolute last group to start, but it's a whole lot better than having to start with the beginner class as we did last year. It's what I get for being old, but being old is what I've earned by surviving and not worrying about stuff like this.

If I don't wake up dead, and I'm still kicking at the end of the day, it's been a very fine day, indeed.

Dave, I will be there at least by 0900 on Saturday, if not sooner. Probably in a blue smart car with a big orange bike on the rear rack (yes, it looks like I have a spare for my bike).

Tommy
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

Members who have read this thread: 0