Lunar Eclipse, Winter Solstice, Liteless DC night ride to the helipad...epic- Mtbr.com
    Shred...it's the new drug

Lunar Eclipse, Winter Solstice, Liteless DC night ride to the helipad...epic

Most epic night ride tonight. Hit the big whammy with having a full moon guiding us to the helipad, stopping to check out the grizzwald display in tukee, cleaning most of the helipad TT on the way up, munching on xmas cookies while on top, watching the eclipse start, ripping back to beat the fading moonlight...all on the shortest day of the year. I'm pretty stoked...are you? Must be the moon or lack of moon or something

caninus xerophilous
    Your ride will be challenging as the moon rises. It, in all its glory, will cast inky black shadows across the trail until it nears high moon. And high moon comes rather late on a full moon. Sounds like fun though, enjoy.

mtbr member
    I couldn't wait. I busted out for my ride at 4pm. My treat was to see the moon raise over 4 peaks. It was HUGE. and the peaks and moon were framed by dark clouds. Red mountain, ablaze just before moon raise faded out, giving way to the moon's show.

It lasted less than a minute and then was obscured by clouds, but those few seconds were amazing.

Climbing up to Heli around Christmas is a treat, all the light in 'Tukee west up on that ridge line. very nice.
    b

Kathleen in AZ
    come on guys... you're killing me. Where are the pictures?

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl

X2!!! I slept thru my alarm!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lunar Eclipse, Winter Solstice, Liteless DC night ride to the helipad...epic-fullmoon4peaks.jpg  

Lunar Eclipse, Winter Solstice, Liteless DC night ride to the helipad...epic-dcclouds.jpg  

Lunar Eclipse, Winter Solstice, Liteless DC night ride to the helipad...epic-cdbenchsunset.jpg  

b

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    Thanks B!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0