Lost Items at Hawes Walgreens- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lost Items at Hawes Walgreens

I just discovered that some of my items were left on my tailgate as I drove off from the Walgreen's at Thomas and Power. The items were lost on Sunday, the 30th, at around 9:30 a.m. They were lost at some point between the parking lot and the 202 W entry. Items were as follows: Black Smith Polarized Shades, Silver Giro Helmet w/ Black Visor, White Fox Gloves, Yellow Camelback. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

sandbagger
    man that really stinks did you backtrack right after it happened ? or go all the way home then realize.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    Stupid me, I didn't back track until lunch time today, and I made the drive from my work around Metrocenter. I didn't realize it until today. I noticed my sunglasses missing yesterday, and then I just started putting it all together. I asked Walgreen's if anyone turned anything in, but no luck. What really bumms me out is that I loved those shades. They were polarized, they fit perfectly, and I used them for working, riding, fishing, general use, and any other activity. If anyone sees a bum with these on, let him know those shades are missed.

Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Had those same shades! Lost them on the beach in Cancun.

mtbr member
    Good luck! I hope you get some, if not all of your stuff back. Chances are slim though. (not to be a Debbie Downer) That parking lot has been known to attract thieves. My bike got jacked there once when I literally ran into Walgreens to get a cold gatorade after a ride. I was in and out so fast that I knew that the person couldn't have gotten far if they were on foot. I found my bike not far away. There were a bunch of young punks on BMX bikes that I'm pretty sure live in the neighborhood behind Walgreens. They were hauling a$$ away from where I found my bike. They heard my truck rolling up on them and decided to bail. I called the cops. They didn't really do anything since I recovered my bike.
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

My other ride is your mom
    On a related subject - BE WARNED-, the tweekers have been getting bolder with the snatch and grab around the Las Sendas area to include the areas where bikers park to ride Hawes. Just yesterday, in broad daylight; my neighbor left his golf clubs in front of his garage for 1 minute to go inside and put on his shoes....when he came out, a woman was throwing his clubs into the back of her car and took off. It sends shivers up my spine because I, like most of us, leave our garage door open (with bike inside) as we do simple stuff like yard work, etc. It could have easily been my bike as I work on one of my many irrigation system leaks.....

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    On a related subject - BE WARNED-, the tweekers have been getting bolder with the snatch and grab around the Las Sendas area to include the areas where bikers park to ride Hawes. Just yesterday, in broad daylight; my neighbor left his golf clubs in front of his garage for 1 minute to go inside and put on his shoes....when he came out, a woman was throwing his clubs into the back of her car and took off. It sends shivers up my spine because I, like most of us, leave our garage door open (with bike inside) as we do simple stuff like yard work, etc. It could have easily been my bike as I work on one of my many irrigation system leaks.....
    Are you in one of the gated areas of Las Sendas?

aka Diesel
    I live on a cul-de-sac street in Las Sendas, and as tightly knit as we all are, I still give my kids the verbal beat-down if they so much as leave the garage door open for 5 minutes. That's all it takes. That said, my neighbor across the street is from Texas (need I go on?), and battles insomnia. Nobody gets down our street without him knowing about it.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Are you in one of the gated areas of Las Sendas?
    I am....not that the gate matters....folks just follow other cars in.

sandbagger
    I am....not that the gate matters....folks just follow other cars in.
    Im not sure if they changed it but there are master codes for construction workers and pool guys etc to use. once people find that one code they can get into any of the communities.

I use to live in EagleFeather.

I tend to bring my bike inside the house. too much money to find a replacement. these are not the old 400 dollar mountain bikes or bmx bikes
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

Members who have read this thread: 0