LOST: Front wheel at SOMO Pima Canyon TH- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

LOST: Front wheel at SOMO Pima Canyon TH

This afternoon I got distracted by a conversation with a hiker while loading my bike into my car and drove off without my front wheel. It is a blue Hope Pro II hub laced to a Mavic 819 rim. When I realized it and went back an hour later, it was gone. I taped "lost" notes on the message board and the bathroom doors, and plan on calling the parks and rec. department first thing tomorrow, but if any of you come across someone that has seen it, knows who found it or YOU have it, first of all, thank you for picking it up and please contact me. Also, if any of you are on hiker forums, keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    also, my phone number is 480-266-9323 if it's easier to call.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Have you been back to look? I once did that at Estrella and found a note with a phone number to a guy who picked it up for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Believe it or not, I just got back from meeting with the guy that found my wheel in the parking lot. I actually recognized him from that day. We passed each other a couple of times on the trail. He called me and left a message this afternoon and met me near South Mountain. I must have looked a little nutty, thanking him over and over, smiling and cradling my wheel like it was a newborn Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to build a new wheel, times are tough so it might have been awhile and it's touching knowing that there are good people in this world.

mtbr member
    Nice!

mtbr member
    primo!!!! thats a great story. glad you got your wheel back. lucky thing a mountain biker grabbed it. most of "us" are good people. tell me something about the hiker that distracted you. was she HOT?
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

Members who have read this thread: 0