Thread: Lost dog

freak of nature

Lost dog

Found a white dog while mountain biking on South Mountain late last night. Leash, but no tags. Call 520.250.4021. The dog wants to go home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lost dog-bok-choy.jpg  

may your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. may your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
    -edward abbey

mtbr member
    wow crzy

wrecking crew
    Beautiful dog. Hope it was not abandoned and you find the owner...
    ~~~

ride more, blog less
    if no one claims it i'll take it.... it looks kinda like a pup still.... but seriously, if not claimed and you can't keep it i would love another dog for my abby to hang wth
    i like these odds....

Saucy Size
    Beautiful! Looks like a dog I adopted a couple years ago after I found her on the canal.

This is the season for abandoned dogs unfortunately. Just last week someone tied up a pair of beautiful, well-behaved dogs to the street sign outside my house and left them there with a bowl of water. Some neighbors decided they'd take the pair in.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

"No Clue Crew"
    Very cool that you took him home and are helping him find a home. I've got one that I found up by Payson years ago that was abandoned. I broughrt her home to try and find her a new home. 5 years later and she's one of the best dogs I've ever had.

I love bike!
    Cool looking dog...looks like a wolf pup. Good luck finding a home for him/her and props to you for taking it home with you specially now that it's gettin toasty.

Kathleen in AZ
    Beautiful dog!!

If anyone is looking for a pet, my sister in NE Scottsdale helps with rescue of Australian Cattledogs and can hook you up. She currently is fostering a young male that is super well behaved and calm, housebroken, gorgeous, and up for adoption!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Beautiful dog!!

If anyone is looking for a pet, my sister in NE Scottsdale helps with rescue of Australian Cattledogs and can hook you up. She currently is fostering a young male that is super well behaved and calm, housebroken, gorgeous, and up for adoption!

why did you have to post this...? How old is he and how is he with other dogs...specifically with a border collie?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    why did you have to post this...? How old is he and how is he with other dogs...specifically with a border collie?
    He is under 2 years and is very good with other dogs, even crazy out of control dogs. He's a special boy and both my sis and I are trying to find him a good home. I will get more info on him and post up soon!

im4Gsus
    my, that is a beautiful dog, looks young too! kudos for not leaving him behind!
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    My wife came across a young boxer running down the sidewalk last month. Someone had cut the tags off with wire cutters and left the rest on the collar. She happily jumped in the car with my wife and we brought her home. We put signs up all over the area where she was found and nothing. Last week we got a call from a restricted number and they left a message and said "you can have her" and they hung up. Vet said she's about 1-2 years old and is an awesome dog. Super friendly, loves my kids, and we have fell in love with her. She's ours now

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz
    My wife came across a young boxer running down the sidewalk last month. Someone had cut the tags off with wire cutters and left the rest on the collar. She happily jumped in the car with my wife and we brought her home. We put signs up all over the area where she was found and nothing. Last week we got a call from a restricted number and they left a message and said "you can have her" and they hung up. Vet said she's about 1-2 years old and is an awesome dog. Super friendly, loves my kids, and we have fell in love with her. She's ours now

Wow i am glad you found a new family addition but WTF is wrong with people who just let them go.

Kathleen in AZ
    Here are some not-so-great pics that I took of Robin's current foster dog - she's been calling him Lars. Lars is a smallish cowdog, probably only about 35 lbs. Great temperment - accepting of other dogs, playful, and *loves* people attention. Not sure how he is around kids or cats.

http://www.deserthillsheelers.org/ht...able_dogs.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lost dog-lars.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images     

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Here are some not-so-great pics that I took of Robin's current foster dog - she's been calling him Lars. Lars is a smallish cowdog, probably only about 35 lbs. Great temperment - accepting of other dogs, playful, and *loves* people attention. Not sure how he is around kids or cats.

http://www.deserthillsheelers.org/ht...able_dogs.html
    Beautiful dog... I'm not sure how well he'd hold up around my 2 & 4yr old........

Saucy Size
    Lars looks awesome!
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    You may want to take him to the vet or Humane society to see if he has a microchip!! A lot of dogs these days are microchipped and you may be able to contact the owner that way. Both my my dogs have them.

freak of nature
    i am taking him in to the vet today.
    may your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. may your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
    -edward abbey

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by hcooper
    i am taking him in to the vet today.
    sounds like you've been smitten.

when you're at the vet, check to see if he's been microchipped. good on ya man.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Team Tortuga
    I have a white German Shepherd and this one looks like it is a German Shepherd and Husky mix. This is probably going to be a really good dog!

Members who have read this thread: 0