Lost Creek area beta?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lost Creek area beta?

I've done a search, checked the sticky, PM'd with Mrwhlr, and no info. I'm bringing 3 wheelsets so I'm ok on tires.

Anyone ride this area? Lost Creek Mountain Bike Trails | Trailforks

It's right near a swim meet that I need to suffer through for the next three days. Looking for a nearby escape in between events. Swim parents know the pain. Looks like maybe some fun trails but could also be fall line equestrian crap. I could always head to FINs but that's a bit more of a drive. Any info or loop suggestions appreciated.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Hey Rockman,
    It's on my shortlist of places to check out. Here's a ridelog from one of the west valley guys.

From the pictures I've seen, the trails look pretty good. It's all part of the new Skyline Regional Park. Also, it appears the new trails link over to the Verrado trails as well.

Look forward to your thoughts on the place.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

parenting for gnarness
    you should check with Rhino, knower of all things west siiiiiiide. I can introduce you on FB...oh, wait...you're one of those deniers arent you? . Its darn near an hour from me, but if you need anything or a place to stay let me know.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Rockman,
    I've ridden this area a little. Think of it as a mini Fins with little signage. Cool little trails to at least take one of your sessions on. The chunky monkey trail up and over to Skyline is pretty steep and soft. Definitely HAB.

Skyline trails are very well groomed once you get to that side. Getting back up to top of Chunky Monkey is HAB at least for me.

Parking area is at the end of Lost Creek, then about 1/4 mile ride to the entrance.

For a decent loop take Cholla up to Dead Head Pass loop then cut back on upper or lower ridge to Glory.

Then if you haven't had enough, go the other end and go up SOB to Down periscope and back one of the double track trails.

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the info! I've got two maybe three hour window each day. Hoteling it nearby as we a place to chill in the afternoon if she makes finals. She's a fish for sure.

Goat Camp isn't too far but kinda need 4 or mayb 5 hours with travel time to pull that off.

And yo Cholla, no FB for me but mucho thanks for the offer. Let's ride next time your in Flag. Or, anyone else for that matter.

My other ride is your mom
    Ask Rhino about the pirate trails

mtbr member
    Fun little system. I kinda like going up glory to spine to split, to lower ride to dead head, back onto upper ridge, and do petro to down periscope. Probably a good spot to go to the skyline trains, then come back on sob. My favorite section is petro to down periscope. Nice views, and well made. I really wouldn't consider any of them to be a black diamond as trailforks labels them though.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

Meatbomb
    What tire are you using?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What tire are you using?
    I'm bringing 3 wheelsets, one of which is 27.5+. I thought I'd change out halfway through the ride.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I'm bringing 3 wheelsets, one of which is 27.5+. I thought I'd change out halfway through the ride.
    will you be sleeping on the ground with Mrs. MrsWhlr?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    will you be sleeping on the ground with Mrs. MrsWhlr?
    I'm a cotsman. Besides I'm not sure there is a mrsWhlr. Nor am I convinced he even has a bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks again for the trail beta. A fun little trail network for sure. Skyline Park not so much. That's just more of the same Phoenix City Park sanitized sidewalk type trail. Hard to really call it a trail but I suppose there's a need for that sort of thing, especially so hikers can hike 4 abreast.

Some really nice routing on Upper Ridge, Petro, and Down Periscope.

Lost Creek area beta?-lost-creek_1.jpg

Lost Creek area beta?-lost-creek_2.jpg

I'm always amazed by the flip turn. For a swim parent I'm not really that up on all the nuances of technique and such but when well executed it makes up time in the race and is a very athletic manuever.

Lost Creek area beta?-flip-turn_1.jpg

Lost Creek area beta?-flip-turn_2.jpg

Of the 100 or so competitive swimmers in Flagstaff I think we only had less than 10 qualify for Senior State. It's hard to compete against the big dogs from Phoenix but the girls 100 freestyle team qualified for Sectionals which is a first in Flagstaff swimming history. Kinda cool.

Lost Creek area beta?-lost-creek_3.jpg

Sectionals are in Austin, Texas so I guess I'll need to hit up MrWhlr for LBS bike rental and trail beta