Looks like we're pickin' up steam!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Womens' only ride in Phoenix!!! Picking up steam!!!

So, looks like there IS some interest in a Phoenix women's only mountain ride! Awesome! We will meet for the first time, next weekend, near University and Priest. I'm pretty sure we'll ride Papago for the first time unless everyone is so unbelievably hard-core that it's lame. If that's the case, we'll figure something else out. However, I think Papago will do well to assess skills and give some basic pointers to newbies. Also, it will keep from intimidating newbies too. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not hesitate to come because you don't think you're up to it. We will work around a lack of skill as much as possible. That is the whole point of this. However, please also understand that this is not an excercise for someone on a commuter bike without any basic skills (shifting, braking, etc.), looking to monopolize the time in order to learn those things. So, we are thinking the 18th of November at 8:00am. I WISH we could start a little later caus' I think it'll be a little cold to stand around and meet each other, but I also understand people wanting some of their day left. Please PM me for accurate directions to meeting spot and we look forward to having you.
    Last edited by trailmex; 11-12-2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: wrong title
    "Man! Me and my brother Bill used'ta think dyin' in beer'd be like heaven."

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by trailmex
    So, looks like there IS some interest in a Phoenix women's only mountain ride! Awesome! We will meet for the first time, next weekend, near University and Priest. I'm pretty sure we'll ride Papago for the first time unless everyone is so unbelievably hard-core that it's lame. If that's the case, we'll figure something else out. However, I think Papago will do well to assess skills and give some basic pointers to newbies. Also, it will keep from intimidating newbies too. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not hesitate to come because you don't think you're up to it. We will work around a lack of skill as much as possible. That is the whole point of this. However, please also understand that this is not an excercise for someone on a commuter bike without any basic skills (shifting, braking, etc.), looking to monopolize the time in order to learn those things. So, we are thinking the 18th of November at 8:00am. I WISH we could start a little later caus' I think it'll be a little cold to stand around and meet each other, but I also understand people wanting some of their day left. Please PM me for accurate directions to meeting spot and we look forward to having you.
    Ya probably shouldn't have given out the location and the time. Unfortunatly I'm 2hrs away and probably won't be able to make it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

Oh well

Hi Jayem,
    It's a shame you won't be able to make it. We DO have one person considering a drive down from Flag, and certainly, the more the merrier. Oh well, maybe next time... I had to put the place and time in order for people to make realistic assessments about going. I am hoping we don't have anyone that tries to "poach" the ride and I really think we're going to have a great time! Thanks for writing!
    "Man! Me and my brother Bill used'ta think dyin' in beer'd be like heaven."

Members who have read this thread: 0