mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Looking for trails near Hawley Lake

I'm planning on camping with the fam at Hawley Lake over Memorial Day weekend and was wondering if anybody could make trail suggestions? Los Burros looks pretty close and Sunrise is going to be closed I hear, anything else?

My other ride is your mom
    I know of the South Fork trail around Mexican Hay Lake....I'm struggling to remember how close that is to Hawley....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Maadjurguer]I know of the South Fork trail around Mexican Hay Lake....I'm struggling to remember how close that is to Hawley....[/QUOTE]

I saw that one in an old book I have. Looks cool 7 miles or so up and 7 miles down sounds like a good time.
    https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I dont know the exact distance from hawley to south fork. Im guessing its about 15 mi. I will have to check the mileage on my way to work tomorrow. Check the springerville ranger district trail guide. apache-sitgraves national forest. there are a lot of trails listed in the book. some of the trails around pole knoll are nice. I have not ridden them, but i have done a lot of work up in that area in the past.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/recreation/trails/ here is an online copy of the trail guide im talkning about.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Wmts

Quote Originally Posted by philaz
    I'm planning on camping with the fam at Hawley Lake over Memorial Day weekend and was wondering if anybody could make trail suggestions? Los Burros looks pretty close and Sunrise is going to be closed I hear, anything else?

www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org for White Mountain Trail System trails....

Los Burros is closest, but you could also get to Country Club, Blue Ridge, Springs and Land of the Pioneers

if you ride on the reservation e.g. near Hawley or anywhere, be certain to have a permit!

Members who have read this thread: 0