mtbr member

Looking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City

Greetings,

This weekend I will be out visiting family in Havasu and plan to ride Sara Park. I have been there once before during Christmas and on that trip I rode:

TRASHCAN LID
    SPOKE
    SCRATCH
    BEER BOTTLE (I rode up)

The trails I rode were fun, Scratch wore me out a bit with it's relentless technicality. I enjoy tech, especially when gravity assisted but on that trail I felt overloaded.

Ideally I am looking for trails which have a nice blend of flow and tech. My bike handling skills and fitness are decent, my background is in DH oriented riding, and during a ride I usually log 15-20 miles and 1,500-2,000 vertical.

Any recommendations are appreciated! Thanks!
    Evan

mtbr member
    Alllllllllrighty then.....

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Sorry, can't really give you any ride advice as I've only ridden there once myself. The Trailforks app has a ton of the trails loaded. Sounds like you could pick any blue and/or some black trails and find what you're looking for.

The Critters - Recycle - Water Bottle area looked really cool from what I remember.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbwsr View Post
    Alllllllllrighty then.....
    Not a lot of people on this site ride that area.

mtbr member
    Have ridden the area, but only on the MBAA course. Nothing else.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I was out there last weekend for the first time, I actually found the MBAA course (watershed loop) to be pretty damn fun and a good mix of flow/little tech. That plus trash can lid was a fun mid length ride.

Meatbomb
    Alllllllllrighty then..... there you have it.

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Have ridden the area, but only on the MBAA course. Nothing else.
    Same here. I wish I had the time to explore a little more, there's trails all over that park, and some even go down to the lake.
    I need a cool saying to put here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ40runr View Post
    I was out there last weekend for the first time, I actually found the MBAA course (watershed loop) to be pretty damn fun and a good mix of flow/little tech. That plus trash can lid was a fun mid length ride.
    You are right! Last time I rode Watershed it was only for a fleeting moment before picking up "Spoke" this time I took watershed for a couple miles before connecting to "Recycle." After Watershed hooks around at the East end of the park and heads West there is some fun flowy sections. I didn't have any time to snap pics as I was busy pumping around on the trail!

mtbr member
    I ended up riding WATERSHED clockwise to RECYCLE, back up WATER BOTTLE, and WATERSHED back to the parking lot. It was a fun loop but the climb up water bottle was steep and tech enough in places where it really gave me some issues, humbling and incentivizing to further develop skills and fitness.

Recycle had a small drop made out of what looks like an old mining chute. The drop itself was easy but the run in was tricky since your pedals are ~1" from each side of the chute.

Here are some pics!
    Evan

Watershed
    Looking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_220132r.jpg

Recycle
    Looking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2205.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2202.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2209.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2210.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2208.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2215.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2213.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2214.jpgLooking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2207.jpg

Water Bottle (up)
    Looking for trail recommendations in Sara Park, Lake Havasu City-img_2216.jpg

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Here's a ride report from my one time there, check out Kingman too if possible. Scroll down to see the Havasu stuff.

King Me
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Meatbomb
    NOT a place you want to ride in the Summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    Here's a ride report from my one time there, check out Kingman too if possible. Scroll down to see the Havasu stuff.

King Me
    That is a lot of riding! Thanks for sharing.