Looking for New (used) Bike!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Looking for New (used) Bike!

Hey All,
    I trying to find a good used bike to get started with and to ride to work. My old Cannondale M900 with the Pepperoni fork is to beat to rebuild again unless someone can help me.

I think I am looking for a 29er. I am 6'3" and 235#'s so I need a large or extra large frame. I can't justify buying a new bike. Does anyone have anything for sale in Arizona? I'll mostly ride it on the street to work, but would also like to hit some of the local trails as well.

Thanks!

Ryan

mtbr member
    I've got a Specialized Stumpjumper Marathon 29er sitting in my garage collecting dust. I have it set up for single speed right now but I have all the stuff to convert it back to geared. PM me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Stumpjumper Marathon 29r collecting dust ????? Dude (monkey), let me know if you guys can't work something out. I am thinking about starting a non-profit 29r rescue program. Poor little buggers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a new 2010 Superfly large frame with 2008-2009 parts, I replaced crank, chain, cassette, crossmax tubeless wheel set in 2009. Its a sweet ride and would allow you to sleep in a few more minutes in the Am. I now ride a Niner Air9.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a 2009 Specialized Epic Comp with a number of upgrades (Sram XX 2x10 drivetrain and an extra Roval Controle E5 wheelset for the races) that weighs in at 25lbs10oz on raceday. Its a large however and Specialized says its for 5'10" to 6'2" people. I am 6' 215-220 with gear for reference and it has been a stellar bike for the past 1.5 years. Let me know if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey Guys,
    Sorry I didn't respond to anyone earlier. I had a family emergency that I had to back to IL for shortly after I posted the thread. I'm back now.

I'm still looking for a bike. I would like a 29'er in a large frame, I'm 6'3". I rode a single speed the other day and I liked it. Hardtail or suspension doesn't really matter, I'm just going to ride it to work mostly. I only have about $600 to spend.

Thanks,
    Ryan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RRBinTempeAZ
    Hey Guys,
    Sorry I didn't respond to anyone earlier. I had a family emergency that I had to back to IL for shortly after I posted the thread. I'm back now.

I'm still looking for a bike. I would like a 29'er in a large frame, I'm 6'3". I rode a single speed the other day and I liked it. Hardtail or suspension doesn't really matter, I'm just going to ride it to work mostly. I only have about $600 to spend.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Just left you a voice mail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey! Thanks CrankyMonkey! I love the bike! I can't wait to start riding regularly again.

I know no one will probably read this, but if anyone wants to wakeboard this summer hit me up!

mtbr member
    I got a large frame Stumpy FSR 26" I'd like to sell.

mtbr member
    No problem... I hope you enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Post some pics!

mtbr member
    Chris, since you sold that bike what are you going to buy now?

mtbr member
    Man I haven't been boarding since my kid ws born and my friends blew their knees out within a month of each other. I'm ready to hit the lake whenever. Still have my dry suit, no need to wait till summer when it is crowded
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have a newbie question! How do I separate the rear hub assembly so I can change out the gear? The bike has a single speed conversion and I want to change to a higher gear. I can't figure out how to do this. The hub looks like it's press fit to me, no bolts or anything seem to hold it together. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My boat is currently in Florida getting warranty work done, but will be back in the next thirty days or so.

There are several boats that go out every weekend if you want to go immediately.

Arizona Find a Third Thread

My boat is the red and white one in the thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Never mind, I figured it out... at least kind of. It appears that I need some type of fangled wrench... off the bike shop..

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    After two visits to see the guy with the handle bar mustache, I think I have everything I need. I just hope I figure out how to shorten and lengthen the chain without buggering it up!

mtbr member
    Just use the sliding drop outs to adjust the chain tension.

banned
    Jan 2011
    Hey bro, I'm glad you spent the cash to get into the awesome world of Mt biking! I've been involved in a lot of sports including wake boarding (hella-fun) and mt biking is the best for sure! Go explore some trails and have fun on that big wheeled beast!

Shred on bro!
    Brad

Members who have read this thread: 0