looking for Magicshine style lamp, only lamp- Mtbr.com
    parenting for gnarness

looking for Magicshine style lamp, only lamp

My lamp has a fray in the wire, but not sure its fixable. Lots of people have posted about MS style lights and components but I cant find that info easily. Anyone got a linky or reference? Thank you.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Did you try the website?
    Led Bike Light,Rechargeable Bicycle Light-MINJUN Electronic Co.,Ltd

Also Geo man sells MS and they are here in AZ I think.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    show us some pics,I'm shure it can be fixed.

mtbr member
    Got my MS thru Geo with no issues. Love it.
    Seems like you can buy just the light head from them...

GeoMan Gear, The best products, the best prices, & Lightnin Fast service!

mtbr member
    +1 on the Geoman. They had great prices when I bought my lights and shipped quick.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

parenting for gnarness
    geoman is cool i've bought all my stuff from him before. But $45 for just the lamp is a lot when you can get a whole kit for $90 - just don't need another charger etc so was looking for a deal. thanks all for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    geoman is cool i've bought all my stuff from him before. But $45 for just the lamp is a lot when you can get a whole kit for $90 - just don't need another charger etc so was looking for a deal. thanks all for the feedback.
    CB- I have some older Nite Rider single lamp heads that may work if you are looking to get sneaky and build a repair that you can have. They are plastic though and not sure they would hold up- they are yours for the taking.

Also-try contacting geoman-maybe he has a used one to sell cheap.

But I see where you are going. With the battery recall deal, there has got to be someone who just said screw it, bought something else and has a head around.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    CB- I have some older Nite Rider single lamp heads that may work if you are looking to get sneaky and build a repair that you can have. They are plastic though and not sure they would hold up- they are yours for the taking.

Also-try contacting geoman-maybe he has a used one to sell cheap.

But I see where you are going. With the battery recall deal, there has got to be someone who just said screw it, bought something else and has a head around.
    thanks for the offer, but i'd like to stick within the MS products. I also have boxes of old NR part i've been saving lawd knows why. I've got an extra MS wire I will try splicing, but I've often found ghetto repairs like that dont hold up to the abuse i give em. Was hoping for something more like what you suggested, or a cheap retailer.

mtbr member
    Try Pat with ballistic batteries. He posts here on MTBR from time to time, his screen name is ballosticbatteries or similar. He makes compatible batteries, so I would figure he can repair the wiring in the lamp too. If you can't find him, PM me, and I can give you his phone #. Or check his website for contact info.

mtbr member
    Cholla,

I would be glad to fix yours up for you. I have done so on a couple of mine now, really very easy to do and is usually just a poor soldering job on the part of the Chineese manufacturer. I just had to redo one this week, I couldn't believe the poor workmanship that I found once I got inside. PM if you'd like me to take a look.

Ezra

Ahhh the pain....
    CB, I just upgraded my Magicshines to Gemini Xera's which work with all my Magicshine batteries...thus I have 2 lightheads that I probably won't use.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    CB, I just upgraded my Magicshines to Gemini Xera's which work with all my Magicshine batteries...thus I have 2 lightheads that I probably won't use.
    Ray, PM sent.

Ezra, thanks for the offer. I'll ping you if i go that route but Ray's sounds like it would work for us both.

parenting for gnarness
    shweet! I am night-enabled once again. Thanks Ray! thanks everyone else for your feedback.

Members who have read this thread: 0