Looking to join a ride Sun morn, Gateway Trailhead- Mtbr.com
    Eleven - it's one louder

Looking to join a ride Sun morn, Gateway Trailhead

Hoping to ride in the McDowell Mountain Preserve Sunday morning for the first time. Been back on the bike for about 4 months now at McDowell Mountain Park doing the Comp Tracks and Pemberton but think I'm ready to try some stuff on the other side of the mountain. Not in great shape yet - I wasn't trying to go my fastest but it took me about 90 minutes to do Pemberton (clockwise) last week - but my bike skills are pretty strong so not afraid of steep/chunky stuff. I put a call in to a friend who rides there regularly but so far he's not called me back, so I'm looking for a 'trail guide' I can tag along with. Would prefer not to take on the toughest trail yet, but up for most anything. Thanks!
    Last edited by BigBadConrad; 05-27-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I do a loop from Quartz to Lost Dog to Ringtail to Jeep trail to Lost Dog and go back down Quartz or Taliesin to Quartz trailhead.

mtbr member
    From the Gateway Access, you'd have to take Gateway Loop to Paradise, to get to Quartz.

An alternative loop to consider: out/up Desert Park, down Wingate, up over Gateway Saddle or down Gateway Loop.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Not if you park at the Quartz trailhead.

Eleven - it's one louder
    Ken, I would have been up for it but had some things to take care of Sun morn. I couldn't get out the door till 10a so just rode Pemberton with some side loops at 10:45a. Next weekend riding in Sedona, but after that I'd like to try the ride you suggested if you don't mind me tagging along.
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

livin' the dream......
    The OP stated he was looking to ride from the Gateway TH. I ride the same loop you mentioned. Good stuff!

Members who have read this thread: 0