Looking to Branch out and try new trails......- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Looking to Branch out and try new trails......

I am a Tempe local who just started back up biking regularly after a 10 year break. My old trails was DC and Hawes. I have been getting on the trails 3-4 times a week now, and looking for new places to go. I just tried Lost Goldmine ride yesterday near the superstition mountains. Anyone have recommendations? thinking of trying this Quad-by-pass next saturday?

And if you see a big orange Salsa Dos Niner on trail, that is me

I am Walt

McDowell Sonoran Preserve

Try my 'hood...the MSP...start at the Lost Dog 124th St TH, north of Shea and Via Linda, and go from there...lots to explore. Great trails.
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    T100 is fun. Lots of offshoots to explore. I ride there several times a week, mainly because I live nearby. If you want a guided tour.......just shoot me a pm.

And i agree with Waltaz, lots of good stuff at MSP.

MTBikeAZ.com
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowclint
    I just tried Lost Goldmine ride yesterday near the superstition mountains.
    How did you like Lost Goldmine? Did you stay on the main trail or did you also hit the trail to the south that loops back? For more rustic singletrack there is sweet riding in the Goldfield Mountains. Primitive, but adventurous. If you have time, make the drive to Casa Grande Mountain or the not so new yet rarely talked about system out at Estrella Ranch on the west side of town.

If you're heading west then plan on Goat Camp XC. Sweet singletrack, steady climbing.
    Mike
    MTBikeAZ.com
    --
    How fast can you climb?
    http://helipadtt.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Thanks for the map

I did the lost goldmine ride because i saw it on your website, It was a good ride. A little primative though, i am used to fast trails i can spin on. I didn't see any other bike tracks, and all the hikers gave me a good cheer for making it up the technical stuff. On the way back i bit it pretty hard and scrapped the side of body! The ride there was a gradual uphill and The technical downhill on the way back made it well worth it and worth a second ride.

mtbr member

Usery Mountains

You should definately check out the Usery Trails. There is a great mix of trails from super easy to super hard.Pass Mountain is my favorite trail in the Phonix area which is located in Usery Park; its really chalenging. If you want to park in the park you'll have to pay but you can park on the corner of McKellips and Crismon and get in free.
    Here's a great map and description of the trail there excluding Pass Mountain.
    http://mtbikeaz.com/trail-index/phoe...mountain-park/

Members who have read this thread: 0