mtbr member
    Dec 2006

looking for a 650b front wheel to try

I'd like to see if my 2010 fox RLC100 will clear a 650b tire and wheel. From what I've read in the 650b forum all the other FoxR 100 types clear just fine. My fork is a standard QR style or I would already have an offer (the guy was runnin 20mm thru axle). I'm not looking to ride, just install compress the fork all the way with no air and check for clearance.

mtbr member
    I'd help ya out, but a Lefty hub will do you no good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

thanks...

BTW how do you like your wheel?

mtbr member
    I'm digging the setup. No regrets.

mtbr member
    May 2007

it should fit

Quote Originally Posted by rideandshoot
    I'd like to see if my 2010 fox RLC100 will clear a 650b tire and wheel. From what I've read in the 650b forum all the other FoxR 100 types clear just fine. My fork is a standard QR style or I would already have an offer (the guy was runnin 20mm thru axle). I'm not looking to ride, just install compress the fork all the way with no air and check for clearance.
    I am running a Velocity 650b with a Kenda Nevegal up front with a Fox X100 from a few years back, maybe an 07? Plenty of room and it won't bottom out, tested in Sedona, Flagstaff and Durango last week @ SSWC.........i'm in Flagstaff, you down South?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

yep... Phoenix town

Mine's the 2010 with the new damping system so I wanted to verify before diving in.

I have a SC Superlight so I won't be doing the rear wheel. That's OK because a big part of the attraction is to relax the geometry a bit. I'm to old for any more OTBs. What I'm seeing (the tequila helps here) is my rim brake SC SL with the 650 front wheel, a hydraulic front brake, Stan's 650 rim, and one of the lighter front tires for the 650 wheel. It would be the ultimate fusion of MTB reto and tech

mtbr member
    May 2007

650B/26'er combo is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by rideandshoot
    Mine's the 2010 with the new damping system so I wanted to verify before diving in.

I have a SC Superlight so I won't be doing the rear wheel. That's OK because a big part of the attraction is to relax the geometry a bit. I'm to old for any more OTBs. What I'm seeing (the tequila helps here) is my rim brake SC SL with the 650 front wheel, a hydraulic front brake, Stan's 650 rim, and one of the lighter front tires for the 650 wheel. It would be the ultimate fusion of MTB reto and tech
    I am running a standard 26'er out back although there is plenty of room for a 650 B, the frame is a Kona A singlespeed rig that has sliding rear dropouts which makes it easy to runa disc out back!.........I don't know about the 2010 Fox's but I'm sure they would have at least as much clearance as my 100, about 1" or close with a Nevegal tire

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

are you in phoenix?

I live in the west side (peoria), I run 650b front & back - was able to fit the B's on my kona unit. My fox is the 07 model 80mm & have not had any problems. I have the stans rims with the neomotos 2.3 up front. run the fire xc in rear. if you just want to try it let me know-I try to ride around town during the weekends.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

kool

I'm in North Phoenix really close to trail 100. Unfortunately I'm currently banished from the mountainbike due to recent shoulder surgery or I'd suggest meeting for a ride. If I possibly can I'm going to go camping this weekend but if you are cool with it I'll PM you and try to arrange a time to stop by sometime in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0