Don't believe the Hype...

longboarding vs. Bikes

Some of you might find this entertaining. This forum does have a bunch of teenage kids so there are some of the lame responses that go with that...

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...98182#poststop
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybastard
    Some of you might find this entertaining. This forum does have a bunch of teenage kids so there are some of the lame responses that go with that...

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...98182#poststop

It seems like lots of em dig riding.....I was expecting more two wheel hate than that. And damn that Danny Mckatskill video gets around everywhere!

BTW, are you the dude I keep seeing on the weekends getting shuttled up and riding down the south mtn road on your long board? If so, that kicks ass man!....looks insanely fun but it's gotta be freaky coming down with the corners that cars like to cut eh?
    JRA

Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    It seems like lots of em dig riding.....I was expecting more two wheel hate than that. And damn that Danny Mckatskill video gets around everywhere!

BTW, are you the dude I keep seeing on the weekends getting shuttled up and riding down the south mtn road on your long board? If so, that kicks ass man!....looks insanely fun but it's gotta be freaky coming down with the corners that cars like to cut eh?
    Anyone who has a clue knows bikes are kick ass. I'm just suprised how little interest the boarding has got on here. It a very simualar rush as MTB. You have to always be focused on the ride, so you're not thinking about anything else but the ride. It's not all balls out flying down hills with no breaks either. It so much fun just cruising around by yourself or with friends. Plus if you have kids, they'll be just as good as you in no time.

Not me hitting SoMo, I haven't tried any serious DH action yet. I'm slowly working myself up to that. I've found some pretty nice smaller hills over here on the West Side that I'm easing into.

www.krackedskulls.com

AKA shitbird
    Anyone who has a clue knows bikes are kick ass. I'm just suprised how little interest the boarding has got on here. It a very simualar rush as MTB. You have to always be focused on the ride, so you're not thinking about anything else but the ride. It's not all balls out flying down hills with no breaks either. It so much fun just cruising around by yourself or with friends. Plus if you have kids, they'll be just as good as you in no time.

Not me hitting SoMo, I haven't tried any serious DH action yet. I'm slowly working myself up to that. I've found some pretty nice smaller hills over here on the West Side that I'm easing into.

Right on. I skated a bit in high school and a freind had a pretty big halfpipe but I was getting hurt bad on that thing! I went to riding a mid size board (longer than normal but not huge) to get around ASU and it was a blast. I'm gonna have to drag that thing out again and go for a roll.
    JRA

Right on. I skated a bit in high school and a freind had a pretty big halfpipe but I was getting hurt bad on that thing! I went to riding a mid size board (longer than normal but not huge) to get around ASU and it was a blast. I'm gonna have to drag that thing out again and go for a roll.
    Do it. Hit me up if you ever want to try out some different boards. My wife and son ride so we've go like 7 boards in the house now. It's crazy how much differeance there is in the ride from one board to an other. It's like riding BMX compared to a road bike in some of them. I've found the wheels make a huge differance in the ride also.

www.krackedskulls.com

AKA shitbird
    Do it. Hit me up if you ever want to try out some different boards. My wife and son ride so we've go like 7 boards in the house now. It's crazy how much differeance there is in the ride from one board to an other. It's like riding BMX compared to a road bike in some of them. I've found the wheels make a huge differance in the ride also.

I was just watching one of the videos on krackedskulls; this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UZ8lrYa3_0

and now I totally want to try longboarding. When / where are you going next? I don't have a long board, mine is barely bigger than a regular skate deck, but if I can try one of yours out I'll gladly let you trash one of my bikes sometime
    JRA

Thread Killer
    i'm a longboarder who's also into biking. maybe i'm just a fluke, but i've gotten WAY more messed up on longboards than i ever have on bikes...hence, i've picked up biking for commuting and fun a lot more since i've gotten into longboarding. besides, the biking scene is SO much more cohesive and respectful than longboarding...which is odd, because longboarding is supposed to be so much more "chill" than regular skateboarding, but usually isn't.
    I ride a 26'er with tubes and rim brakes.
    Yeah, I'm basically living in the stone age.

and now I totally want to try longboarding. When / where are you going next? I don't have a long board, mine is barely bigger than a regular skate deck, but if I can try one of yours out I'll gladly let you trash one of my bikes sometime
    I ride around my house damn near every night. I think we are going to do a group ride at the Stadium this Friday around 8. We park in the SE corner lot by the soccer fields and just hang out and ride, last time we had like 10 people show up. Security is very cool with us we just make sure to be cool stay outta the way. Everyone brings all their boards so people can try out different rides...

www.krackedskulls.com

Quote Originally Posted by bucksaw87
    i'm a longboarder who's also into biking. maybe i'm just a fluke, but i've gotten WAY more messed up on longboards than i ever have on bikes...hence, i've picked up biking for commuting and fun a lot more since i've gotten into longboarding. besides, the biking scene is SO much more cohesive and respectful than longboarding...which is odd, because longboarding is supposed to be so much more "chill" than regular skateboarding, but usually isn't.
    I think the respect just comes with age...The majority of MTB scence seems to be 35 plus. On that silverfish site the majority is under 20. Everyone I ride with is pretty much 28-35, not trying to show off for anyone, just ride

www.krackedskulls.com

Thread Killer
    I think the respect just comes with age...The majority of MTB scence seems to be 35 plus. On that silverfish site the majority is under 20. Everyone I ride with is pretty much 28-35, not trying to show off for anyone, just ride
    oh, i meant just in my college town in general...most bike guys, even in their early 20's are incredibly excited to see anyone out on the trails, no matter what kind of bike they're on. most longboard guys, on the other hand, are really elitist and seem to think that everybody but them is absolutely wrong. if i may elaborate, my girlfriend was out on her longboard, and she got heckled relentlessly by some frat bros who kept calling her "poser" because she didn't rock a sector9 board. now, we've also been biking before, and everybody that we saw at least gave a friendly hello...a few guys even gave her a few tips on weight distribution, taking the proper line through roots, and the like.
    I ride a 26'er with tubes and rim brakes.
    Yeah, I'm basically living in the stone age.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

They are going so slow that when they mess up they can jog to a stop...yawn. Also, how many times can one do the same front side 180 slide and still consider it fun? At those slow speeds one can use a short board and do 10x as much. Just my $.02

Extreme it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDoger
    They are going so slow that when they mess up they can jog to a stop...yawn. Also, how many times can one do the same front side 180 slide and still consider it fun? At those slow speeds one can use a short board and do 10x as much. Just my $.02

Extreme it is not.
    Longboards are designed to ride. Short boards are designed for tricks.

It just like BMX vs MTB...You can ride a BMX park bike on single track, but it kinda sucks. Just like a heavy FS MTB would kind of suck in bike park.

Click on the Orange In Heat and check out the video...and tell me that riding isn't badass

http://www.orangatangwheels.com/

www.krackedskulls.com

mtbr member
    yeah i'm older for a biker, but i'm ancient for a longboarder. 46 years young. i want to exercise, but to get me off the couch it's gotta be fun. thats why i longboard and mt. bike. i have a major stoke for both sports. i have 3 longboards, a kracked skulls, a subsonic, and an insect. i mostly just carve. fun on!
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW
    yeah i'm older for a biker, but i'm ancient for a longboarder. 46 years young. i want to exercise, but to get me off the couch it's gotta be fun. thats why i longboard and mt. bike. i have a major stoke for both sports. i have 3 longboards, a kracked skulls, a subsonic, and an insect. i mostly just carve. fun on!
    Hey Lew,

What kind of subsonic deck? I just put together a LDP board and Subsonic is one of the few companies the make board for that.

www.krackedskulls.com

mtbr member
    hey there Lucky! i have a subsonic beast. you wont see it offered on subsonics site because its custom. i sent him a drawing and dimensions and what kind of flex i was looking for and he agreed to build it for me. i named it and he even had beast stickers made for it.
    if you want some pics just PM me with your e-mail and i would be happy to send some. i cant get images to work on the forum
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW
    hey there Lucky! i have a subsonic beast. you wont see it offered on subsonics site because its custom. i sent him a drawing and dimensions and what kind of flex i was looking for and he agreed to build it for me. i named it and he even had beast stickers made for it.
    if you want some pics just PM me with your e-mail and i would be happy to send some. i cant get images to work on the forum
    Sweet! Hey where having a group ride on Friday night at the Stadium at 8:00. We had like 10 people last time, sounds like there will be more this time. I'm bringing my 12 year old son and a couple of his friends if you wanna roll out, it's always a good time.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ev...1523736&ref=mf

www.krackedskulls.com

Members who have read this thread: 0