Little Stoney Mountain- Mtbr.com
    Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm Little Stoney Mountain

'Size decided he did not mind waiting on the fat boy and we did a little loop on Stoney Mountain, AKA PMP. Started at the Shack and out to the lava rocks.

View looking North and slightly East from the top of the Lava section. Basically the turn around point on this ride.

Getting ready for a little Lava as we head back to Stoney.

Now the fun stuff. Fat boy making a short climb on a nice lava section. This is the 4th ride on the Halo 29 2.35 wire bead Choir Master tire. So far I'm really impressed. Great traction, mounted very well tubeless on my Flows, all other tires went on like butter. There is a good amount of sharp rocks in this section. Lots of pinched tire noises and they came through fine. I'm also running them at 30PSI which I consider low for a 270lbs fat dude.

Look at the gut, no wonder I can't climb worth a ****!

Great ride great friend can't beat that. We ran into 1 other rider and 5 hikers all were nice. Wait 6 hikers as I needed to hike a bike twice.

Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome. :)

******ed or Branded??
    That's awsome!! keep it going. Is this T100 near the 7th st visitor center area If so and you see a couple on a set of black ano yeti 575 stop us and say hi and we can all join in for a sweet ride like the one you just did!!!!

mtbr member

Good job!

nice pics, thanks for sharing

Shovel Ready
    Yes, we started at the Cave Creek crossing a headed up the paved road around back and toward DD maybe half way. I've been fighting a knee issue but it feels pretty good right now. I ride after work mostly from the 32nd and Shea trail head or from the Cave Creek crossing. Mostly solo as I'm not that strong of a rider. This is the second time I did the Lava out and back and really enjoyed it. We also make a run on the west side of the same area down to 16th and Hatcher and back. Still on the east side of Cave Creek. I ride a black (Superdust) El Rey and with my belly I'm not hard to miss! I would like to try the 16th to Hatcher and then over to the Lava section we turned around on. I know 'Size does this loop often with a few people he rides with.

Oh, the NUUN electrolyte tablets are working nicely also. Being diabetic there is not much out there that's not loaded with carbs and sugar. Bottle an hour before the ride. Carried one along with my water in the Dakine. I felt pretty good most of the ride.

Here is the GPS data but I think it is off on time. I know we stopped a few/many times. Once chatted for a few concerning shocks. But the time listed seems off to me. But if it's right I still don't care as I had a great time anyway!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6508342
    Last edited by Cycle64; 08-13-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome. :)

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice trails!

Thanks for the pics!

mtbr member
    Cool. I'll be riding that section today (need to be at 19th ave. and Tbird by 7). One of my normal routes takes me to west on t-100 under the underpass, and then up the hill to the south (apparently known as "hurl hill" if you take it W-E), and then through the wash to Jenna Jaminson's house at the top of the hill. Then, I'll ride through the neighborhood, and up Gold Mine Road (?), and pick the trail up again.

Anybody know an easy way to get from the Shaw Butte trailhead to 19th ave with the least amout of sidewalk riding?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    'Size decided he did not mind waiting on the fat boy and we did a little loop on Stoney Mountain, AKA PMP. Started at the Shack and out to the lava rocks.
    Hi Tim - Good to see that you are finally back on the bike and hitting the trails!

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Cool. I'll be riding that section today (need to be at 19th ave. and Tbird by 7). One of my normal routes takes me to west on t-100 under the underpass, and then up the hill to the south (apparently known as "hurl hill" if you take it W-E), and then through the wash to Jenna Jaminson's house at the top of the hill. Then, I'll ride through the neighborhood, and up Gold Mine Road (?), and pick the trail up again.

Anybody know an easy way to get from the Shaw Butte trailhead to 19th ave with the least amout of sidewalk riding?
    riding tonite?

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Hi Tim - Good to see that you are finally back on the bike and hitting the trails!
    I still have to see the knee doc on the 25th. But since it's not hurting I said what the heck. Have done a couple road rides and 3 or 4 dirt rides in the past two weeks. Heck I can't put down the miles you all do! But even these short little rides are a lot of fun for me. One day I'll be able to do a SOMO or Flagstaff ride with you all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    riding tonite?
    yep

sprocket
    mee tooo!

I will at 32nd s of the %! trailhead at like about 6;00.
    bring some beer and we will talk about DirDir.

Shovel Ready
    Sweet, then you could start a thread "Anyone know a Dirdir"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Sweet, then you could start a thread "Anyone know a Dirdir"?
    F DirDir.

I'll keep my eyes open. Likely hitting the trail by 5:30-5:45. Meeting the SO at Macayo's at TBird and 19th Ave at 7.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

Be nice or he will let his dog off the leash and poop at the 32nd street entrance. After all he is a roadie now anyway!

PS: It's Dirdir not DirDir!

Members who have read this thread: 0